Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fill And Cross Christmas Riddles

[Post New]by halelake0267 on Dec 22, 14 4:36 PM
I also have this problem have updated direct x and turned off virus protection still will not work very maddening cuz I bought the game before I tried it since I have never had any problems with big fish games

Edited on 12/22/2014 at 4:37:40 PM PST

kimnick
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by kimnick on Dec 22, 14 5:41 PM
MEnr56 wrote:
bfgVaiya wrote:Hey Everyone

I'm really sorry to see how many of you are having trouble with an access violation error! I'd like to recommend checking out the following help article for steps that can help with this kind of error:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=711">Access Violation </a>

If the issue continues, or if you've already tried those steps, please contact our Technical Support Team <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">HERE</a> with a <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688">Dr. Felix Report</a> and a detailed description of both the issue and the steps you've tried. Our Reps will be happy to work with you and also forward information from what you've tried to the appropriate team so we can investigate this on our end.

bfgVaiya

EXCUSE ME BUT if EVERYONE is having the EXACT SAME ISSUE, then it's NOT everyone's computers -- IT'S THE GAME!!!! BTW, I have yet to read 1 gamer say that he/she downloaded AND PLAYED this game without any issues.

MEnr56

Well said but I see we have no response to your post.

cnrojas
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by cnrojas on Dec 22, 14 5:58 PM
Same error here. Windows 7

[Post New]by retlon01 on Dec 22, 14 6:31 PM
Same problem here. No access violation though. Big fish come up then 8th floor, a Christmas picture and no menu or anything. Unfortunately I bought it before trying it. Looks like I wasted my money. I uninstalled twice and same thing. I hit escape and it said a problem with riddles.exe and windows will notify me if a solutions is found. Very disappointed. Will be contacting tech support

glenard
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by glenard on Dec 22, 14 9:01 PM

bfgVaiya wrote:
Hey Everyone

I'm really sorry to see how many of you are having trouble with an access violation error! I'd like to recommend checking out the following help article for steps that can help with this kind of error:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=711">Access Violation </a>

If the issue continues, or if you've already tried those steps, please contact our Technical Support Team <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">HERE</a> with a <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688">Dr. Felix Report</a> and a detailed description of both the issue and the steps you've tried. Our Reps will be happy to work with you and also forward information from what you've tried to the appropriate team so we can investigate this on our end.

bfgVaiya

EXCUSE ME BUT if EVERYONE is having the EXACT SAME ISSUE, then it's NOT everyone's computers -- IT'S THE GAME!!!! BTW, I have yet to read 1 gamer say that he/she downloaded AND PLAYED this game without any issues.

MEnr56

Well said also. Not one person has been able to play the game. I have windows 7, have the same problem. Since there are 43 people with the same problem I would think that someone would realize this is an issue that needs to be fixed and not by the gamers. I almost bought this game because these are one of my favorites and am so glad I didn't. Someone needs to get a clue and get this fixed!

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Dec 22, 14 9:10 PM
Ditto for me.

I contacted BFG through the help/contact form and the answer was basically this:

It's ME. Or, It's MY graphics card. Or, it's MY computer. It is DEFINITELY NOT the game. Try these troubleshooting tips (which I already had ... several times... AND noted in my Incident Report) and send us/me/the rep a boatload of info which they DO NOT NEED off my computer.

Generally, I LOVE working with BFG's customer reps but there are 2 females that really need to go.

If 44 people are complaining about the SAME THING .... it's NOT ME, MY GRAPHICS CARD OR MY COMPUTER!

Thank you.

[Post New]by jodeealuvsBFish on Dec 22, 14 10:05 PM
how disappointing tht BFG doesn't care more than this. I guess they are just too big. OBVIOUSLY it cannot be everyone's computer!

[Post New]by emlangan on Dec 22, 14 10:10 PM
I have the same problem too (Windows 7): downloads and installs just fine. Launches, gives me the BFG and 8th Floor splash screens, and then freezes on the Christmas Scene/illustration that follows. I can't even Alt-Tab out of it; I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL and launch Task Manager. When I do that, I get the Access Violation message.

I concur with the other fishes - if no one can run it, and it fails in the same way for everyone (who's reported on it), the problem is with the game.

EDITED TO ADD: Since the game is currently on sale, I hope BFG will put it back on sale or offer a comparable discount once it's fixed. I'm not willing to buy a HOG in a poke (so to speak) in the hope that it will run eventually.

Edited on 12/22/2014 at 10:12:33 PM PST

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Dec 22, 14 11:03 PM
katy12250 wrote:Load game - check - twice actually
Install game - check - again twice
Get the BF and 8Floor splash screens & then the pretty Christmas picture. No items to check. No menu showing. When I Ctrl-Alt-Del out of the game to task manager, I find there is an access violation.
I tried installing/uninstalling twice with exactly the same result.
Running on Windows 7.
And since everyone else who is trying the game is getting the same error, I really don't think it's my computer.
When is this going to be fixed since I'm a big fan of 8Floor games. I'm just glad that I didn't buy without trying.

same exact thing happens to me.

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Dec 23, 14 2:25 AM
KCErin wrote:Ditto to all the above. Gets to the room scene and then nothing. When I <CTRL><ALT><DEL> it shows the access violation. Too bad; I love these games.

Same here (Windows 7 Pro)

Edited on 12/23/2014 at 2:26:26 AM PST

katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by katy12250 on Dec 23, 14 2:44 AM
Well, it will come somewhere else eventually and I'll buy it there. Where it will work.

The problem is not with 8Floor games - the problem is not with anyone's computer - the problem is with BF and the wrapper they use on the game.

Moral: NEVER EVER buy a game without trying it first.

And if you want to ban me from the forum for saying that I'm going to purchase the game somewhere else, go right ahead and do it. But you might want to take a look at how many games I've purchased from BF. Would you like me to keep buying? Then respond and FIX THE @#$%^&* GAME!

KYLAK
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by KYLAK on Dec 23, 14 4:03 AM
I went on the 8th Floor games website last night, and it shows that this game is only available for MAC users. I'm not sure if that is the issue here or not, but would love a fix for this game.

[Post New]by trishasqueek on Dec 23, 14 4:52 AM
Same issues as everyone else. Plus, "Help" tab does nothing. No way to contact customer service. I guess they have made enough money for the year. They don't seem to be concerned or working hard as stated in their forum.

[Post New]by dlmcfar on Dec 23, 14 8:37 AM
Having same problem, running 64 bit Vista. Tried the uninstall/reinstall twice, no luck. Agree with all other posts, game is hosed.

[Post New]by Dunc2013 on Dec 23, 14 9:04 AM
Having same problem, where only get as far the room scene, and I have purchased this game because I had never had a problem with any of the other fill and cross or any of the griddler games and really enjoy them hope issue is fixed soon!!!!

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Dec 23, 14 9:16 AM
kimnick wrote:
MEnr56 wrote:
bfgVaiya wrote:Hey Everyone

bfgVaiya

MEnr56

Hi ,

I'm one I could download and play the game with any problem! I did all the demo, and I'll wait for next Monday to buy it.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all, I'm including all BF' staff !!!

M.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 23, 14 9:17 AM
Hey Everyone

I just wanted to stop by with an update on the situation with the access violation error.

We've brought this issue to the devs, so they're aware of the issue, and we're working with them to get a fix as soon as possible. At this time, we've yet to get an update on when a fix may be ready, but please be assured, as soon as any new information is received, we'll let you all know. We really want you to be able to play the game.

I really want to thank you all for your patience and understanding while we work on this

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by twinsquidgy on Dec 23, 14 1:46 PM
Same exact problem here too. Gets to Christmas pic then freezes and I have to open task manager to kill program. Using Windows 7. I bought it without trying it first as I have all of the others in the series and love them all. But I must say that as soon as I reported it to Big Fish, in under 12 hours I did have a code for a replacement free game and a promise that the devs knew the issue and were going to fix in an update. Frustrating, yea, big time, but it's Christmas, and it was nice of them to get back to me so fast and even give a free game for my trouble.

[Post New]by freeze651 on Dec 23, 14 2:12 PM
Me too. will wait to see if they offer an update that fixes it. i purchased without trial as i love these. WAAAAAAHHHHHHH

[Post New]by SueEtte on Dec 23, 14 4:06 PM
I have uninstalled 2 times and installed 3 times. Just uninstalled for the 3rd time and am now downloading it again. I had to go "my account" to find the game as it looks as it Big Fish has pulled from the site. I also sent in a customer support ticket and they wrote me back. Said they hadn't had a chance to really look at the problem but gave me a free ticket if I wanted to use it. I had rather have this game as I love all the Fill and Cross Games. I even tried to run tame as administrator but to no avail. Hope they fix it soon.

Go to: