liz1902
Clownfish
Clownfish
855 Posts

Re:Welcome to Samantha Swift and the Golden Touch forum

[Post New]by liz1902 on May 6, 09 11:41 PM
Menu7 wrote:okay, I figured it out... but I had to start all over using another name to get back to the card mini-game. Apparently, this mini-game only gives you a certain amount of attempts for you to pass it, but if you don't get the 3 keys the game will lock on you and there is nothing you can do about it. I don't believe it's a glitch in the game. The second time around I paid more attention and got the 3 keys with no problem and avoided the lock-out. I was able to go forward and finish the game. Hope this helps someone out there... Happy Gaming!

Thanks Menu, as I've said I have the same problem. I have just uninstalled and reinstalled the game to see if this makes any difference, but I shan't be impressed if I get stuck there again! I'll be writing to customer support!

Liz xx

sixmilecoss
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by sixmilecoss on May 9, 09 1:43 PM
well, against my better judgment i reinstalled this game and had to start all over. i went to the walkthrough and it said nothing about this. i am in the room with alexander and need the last two scroll parts, but everytime i try to pick them up, she says she can't carry any more and i need to use a tool here. there is no tool to use. all i have are the six scrolls i had, the parachute, the crank and the four heads, shich i thought i had already used. i can't leave and can't do anything.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on May 9, 09 6:11 PM
Can you just go back to the puzzle for the busts to make sure it was completed? The exit is on the left side of the screen. If you can't find it, check the walkthrough for pictures.

sixmilecoss
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by sixmilecoss on May 10, 09 3:37 AM
sixmilecoss wrote:well, against my better judgment i reinstalled this game and had to start all over. i went to the walkthrough and it said nothing about this. i am in the room with alexander and need the last two scroll parts, but everytime i try to pick them up, she says she can't carry any more and i need to use a tool here. there is no tool to use. all i have are the six scrolls i had, the parachute, the crank and the four heads, shich i thought i had already used. i can't leave and can't do anything.

i can't even get out of the room. there is nothing to click on to leave.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on May 10, 09 4:58 AM
Just move your cursor to the upper left side of the screen. Check the walkthrough if you still have a problem.

peony99
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by peony99 on May 10, 09 7:36 AM
Levendig wrote:[i]Hi MargieB hon, finally found you !! SSW & the GT is a great game, just played it for the 3rd time!! Do the first one too.
How are you doing here at the Forums??
I'm hopping from GZ/PF to and looking for anything to react on, but I must say honestly the GZ is the most friendly site to handle and the least. Here it's very hard to find what you're looking for cuz ( in my opinion) it doesn't look to be in the right order..

Okay, the main thing is I found you and really do hope to see u a lot here or at.... LOL

(purple!!) Huggers and Love

peony99
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by peony99 on May 10, 09 7:43 AM
Hi Levendig - since you have finished this game (3 times) I am hoping you can help me.The walkthrough does not help with this problem. I am near the end of the game in the lab with the big telescope. I have located all the items requested but Samantha will not let me pick any of them up because the inventory thingy is full. But I cannot use anything in the inventory to create a space to pick something up. Is this a perfect Catch-22? Or am I missing something?

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on May 10, 09 11:16 AM
The walkthrough does address that the inventory is almost full when you start that level, and tells you which pieces you should place to give you a little room.

peony99
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by peony99 on May 10, 09 1:34 PM
Yes it does, but my inventory is full, not almost full, and Samantha will not let me pick up ANYTHING - and there is nothing in my inventory I can get rid of without picking up something. I cannot pick up any of the pieces for the telescope, etc. Any more thoughts? Thanks.

peony99
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by peony99 on May 10, 09 3:51 PM
I just re-did the game and was more careful to leave space in my inventory this time as the game does not automatically do this for you. Also I fitted the viewfinders into the telescope, etc when I first entered the observatory - even though Samantha kept telling me not to - in fact she often tells the player not to use certain tools throughout the game when the tools and the timing to use them are correct. Just ignore her and have fun.

[Post New]by cowlie48 on May 11, 09 5:06 AM
Hi Ya. HELP I am totally stuck on the canon scene. I have found everything and shot a hole in the cliff side. but I am now stuck, nothing else to do but scene will not let me move on. Has anyone else had this problem

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on May 11, 09 8:41 AM
There's a walkthrough available for the game. Read the second post on the forum.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on May 11, 09 8:46 AM
peony99 wrote:Yes it does, but my inventory is full, not almost full, and Samantha will not let me pick up ANYTHING - and there is nothing in my inventory I can get rid of without picking up something. I cannot pick up any of the pieces for the telescope, etc. Any more thoughts? Thanks.

Sorry, I didn't realize that you didn't have the viewfinders or the handle in your inventory that you could place in the scene to make room in your inventory.

I don't know how your inventory gets full, but it has happened to several people. For some of them it happened because they left a scene before it was complete and collected more objects elsewhere. I haven't read that there is a fix for the problem other than starting over under a different name and making sure that you use all tools in a scene before you leave -- although a few people have reported that they used a tool and it remained in their inventory anyway.

peony99
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by peony99 on May 11, 09 9:31 AM
cowlie48 wrote:Hi Ya. HELP I am totally stuck on the canon scene. I have found everything and shot a hole in the cliff side. but I am now stuck, nothing else to do but scene will not let me move on. Has anyone else had this problem[/quote

The crown and cross you have in inventory fit nicely into a rock impression.

sixmilecoss
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by sixmilecoss on May 12, 09 10:04 AM
regarding the full inventory. that's what happened to me also at the beginning and i had to start over with a different name. fortunately, it was at the beginning. they need to fix this.

sixmilecoss
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by sixmilecoss on May 12, 09 10:08 AM
i am in the game room. i have the diamond ring and the chip stack. the hint button highlighted the roulette table but it won't let me put the chip stack on the table. there is no other place that lights up or anything. when i pick up the chip stack, and try to put it on the table, turns orange and says use another tool here.

[Post New]by buster100 on May 14, 09 7:01 PM
I'm stuck and can't get out of the room with the giant statue that drops the ball and cracks the floor.It says to find the secret item, but the hints don't show anything. I cannot find the yellow arrow and the man walking.

kosi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by kosi on May 22, 09 5:04 PM
I am stuck on how to turn the apple into gold. It keeps telling me to use my tools but I have no tools left. What do I do. ekosi959@charter.net

[Post New]by Prairiestorm on Jun 2, 09 10:12 AM
I had the problem where the inventory gets full at the beginning of the game while I'm trying to find the scroll pieces. This is definitely a bug. What happened to me was, I solved the bust puzzle, but the game crashed during the graphic sequence right after (where the bust puzzle lights up in a golden glow.) When I restarted the game, the puzzle was solved, the door to the next room was open, but the busts were still in my inventory. I went through the rooms picking up the scroll rods; when I got to the last room, my inventory was full, I couldn't get rid of the busts I'd already used, I couldn't pick up the last two scroll rods, and since I hadn't solved the room the exit wasn't activated. Stuck.

I restarted with a new name and got through the bust puzzle without crashing. At that point the busts were gone from my inventory and I could get all the scroll rods, get out of the last room and back to the sarcophagus -- at which point my trial ended.

I like this game, but it seems buggy based on my experience and what other people are saying, too. I don't know yet if I'm going to buy it, though I enjoyed it when I could get it to work right.

(FYI to get the game to run without crashing I had to turn off my firewall and antivirus. I''m using Avira and Comodo, and one or the other of them seems to be incompatible with many BF games. For those of you having crash problems, try disabling your antivirus and/or firewall, it does seem to help.)

[Post New]by misskitty4144 on Jun 5, 09 5:48 PM
I downloaded the free hour and played all the way to the heart, when time ran out. I then bought the game and tried to continue but all it tells me is to put all the heart pieces together and move on......game is now frozen. I've uninstall and reinstalled three times, but still nothing.....could someone please help me?

Go to: