sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

Re:TGT - Hidden Object Show 1 & 2 Combo Pack

[Post New]by sillyfeet on May 2, 09 3:20 PM
BF is going to offer what is in demand....and today's hot genre seems to be HOG's. If you look on the home page the top 5 downloads are almost always HOG's, which says to me this is the genre that is going to be making them money right now. And BF is, after all, in the business to make money. I will admit about half the HOG's that come out are no good, but some of them are decent, especially for those who are new to casual gaming. What may seem like a really simple and non-interesting HOG to me may be just right for someone else. So you can hardly blame BF for offering more of the genre that is in demand right now. Maybe in time that tide will turn and TM's will be the hot game to get into and the developers will make more of those (and subsequently BF will offer them more) but for now it seems most developers are concentrating primarily on the HOG's.

Am I even making any sense??? Sometimes I just don't know.

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on May 2, 09 3:23 PM
Back to the original topic of this thread....yes, it's disappointing when TGT turns out to be an "old" game but who knows what happened. Maybe they had another game in the works but ran into problems with it and couldn't release it and so they had to do this. I guess we'll never know.....just hope that TGT for tonight really is a new game.

princesschaos1st
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,838 Posts

[Post New]by princesschaos1st on May 2, 09 3:23 PM
perfect sense!

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on May 2, 09 3:30 PM
I remember that this past Monday, Picman mentioned Defenders of Law as one of the games for this week. I also realize his sneak preview could be subject to change for a variety of reasons. Having said that, it would seem that Defenders of Law should be the TGT unless for some reason it didn't end up making the cut this week. At any rate, here's hoping for a new and interesting game for the next TGT.

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on May 2, 09 6:53 PM
kishimojun wrote:If you listen to some of the complaints here, you'd think this WAS a site that has only HOG games, ROFL!!!

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on May 2, 09 6:55 PM
sillyfeet wrote:Back to the original topic of this thread....yes, it's disappointing when TGT turns out to be an "old" game but who knows what happened. Maybe they had another game in the works but ran into problems with it and couldn't release it and so they had to do this. I guess we'll never know.....just hope that TGT for tonight really is a new game.

This sounds reasonable, i wonder though how much revenue has been lost for the day due to this,just curious.

[Post New]by lilprincessred13 on May 2, 09 7:07 PM
I think this a good deal for us, 2 for 1 if you don't own them already. I think that was nice of to offer that with money kinda tight and all.

mmaiden42
Stingray
Stingray
5,767 Posts

[Post New]by mmaiden42 on May 2, 09 8:00 PM
I have both of them already, but if I didn't and was a HO fan, I would be ecstatic! Two for the price of one. Spintop has a two for and maybe just wanted to offer something comparable. I say

gringojoy
Catfish
Catfish
1,739 Posts

[Post New]by gringojoy on May 2, 09 8:20 PM
I agree with you, mmaiden.
I have them already but it's nice that people can buy them like they are today.
Joy

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on May 2, 09 8:25 PM
sillyfeet wrote:BF is going to offer what is in demand....and today's hot genre seems to be HOG's. If you look on the home page the top 5 downloads are almost always HOG's, which says to me this is the genre that is going to be making them money right now. ...

I think the top 5 downloads are HOGs because that's mainly what's been available lately. Generally the Top 5 or 10 games are the newest games because that's what people see first when they come to the BF home page. It's like that on most sites.

And I agree with you Don about the quality versus quantity. And that BF has a big influence on what's being created out there.

Maybe this forum will "influence" the powers that be at BF and we'll all be happy!

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on May 4, 09 12:28 PM
I was just thinking that I'd like "Little Shop of Treasures" 1 & 2 bundled into a pack like these were.

I think the Little Shop games are much better than Hidden Object Show.

I'd definitely buy 2 for 1 of these!

Doggy_lover
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by Doggy_lover on May 15, 10 2:46 PM
It's a bit late to be posting on this forum, but I was looking for a good deal and I found this game pack. I heard that the second one is better, so I started with that. It's really fun! I'm surprised by the negative comments. I mean, I'm sure it will get repetitive eventually, but if all games lasted as long as these then they would too. I'm rather picky when it comes to graphics, and I hate "washed out" looking games (I'm looking at you, The Clumsys ), but this one is very colorful and doesn't assault my eyes. Objects aren't blurry. I like the carnival theme and spending tickets on prizes, it's cute. Not to mention the different variations on the basic hidden object gameplay.

Edited on 05/15/2010 at 2:49:08 PM PST

Go to: