gamelover57
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

Re:Enchanted Katya and the Mystery of the Lost Wizard

[Post New]by gamelover57 on May 14, 09 7:04 AM
Same here and if I'm not mistaken, Katya is moving a little faster, too.

elizaew
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
408 Posts

[Post New]by elizaew on May 14, 09 8:30 PM
I loved the art work and was really excited but the game play is sluggish and dull. Really disappointing because I love TMs and am absolutely sick to death of 5 new HOGs a week. So this was a huge disappointment.

MOVIECAT
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by MOVIECAT on May 15, 09 5:14 PM
kbuginnc wrote:The newer download did wonders for me! I no longer have the issues of game failing to advance and I don't have to ctrl alt del to get out of it.

Hmm, makes me wish I hadn't used up my hour trial already , didn't feel I'd managed to give it a proper workout to decide if I would buy it.

Thanks for the update though.

[Post New]by jillian11 on May 25, 09 11:02 AM
Wished I had taken the time to read the reviews in this forum before buying the game. It's a HUGE disappointment. Very slow, lots of glitches, Don't waste your time or money on this one for now.

sweetie83
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by sweetie83 on May 25, 09 1:00 PM
I just played the demo and loved it. Katya moves a little slowly, but perhaps there will be speed upgrades a little farther into the game. This is one I will definitely buy. It's fun; the variety of customers is really interesting, and the potions are a hoot. The artwork is exceptional for this kind of game.

Edited on 05/25/2009 at 1:01:39 PM PST

[Post New]by Ptaerehsahh on Oct 6, 09 10:02 PM
I love it but am stuck on level 33... no matter what I do... and I have all upgrades. have not lost any customers.... I can not get the gold needed...

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Jun 20, 10 1:11 PM
The following comments are based solely on the demo:

Pros:
- beautiful graphics
- original idea/environment

Cons:
- timer is not optional and never increased during the hour I was playing even though the amount of money I was required to make did - I don't know if it increased later in the game or not, but I'm assuming it didn't
- required to meet the level's goal (despite no increase in the allotted time) before you can move on to the next level
- very limited multitasking ability - you pretty much have to wait till one potion is finished and delivered before you can work on another one, especially if the potion only has one step to it
- the story line that's introduced at the beginning of the game wasn't developed any farther - I found that to be disappointing because I wanted to know what happened to the wizard

Overall Impression: Time management games are really not my cup of tea, but I have found a handful that I've enjoyed. This one didn't quite make it to that list. The graphics were beautiful, and I enjoyed the first 4 or 5 levels. After that the game's flaws (in particular the inability to multitask on the simple potions and the forced replaying of the level if you didn't meet the goal) kicked in, and my frustration started to mount. That's when I turned it off. I have enough frustration in my life without bringing more into it.

timbermoon
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by timbermoon on Nov 2, 12 12:42 PM
I, too, found this game to be sluggish. The screens load slowly, and the character moves about the screen at a slow pace, as well. In a time management game, that is particularly problematic. The game was frustrating to me.

Go to: