gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

Re:Sorry Mods No where to go.

[Post New]by gamblebug on Jan 8, 15 4:22 PM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:I absolutely agree with the original post! Well said!
Good to see you back Loveto Miss Lisa have missed your post

 
debraljensen
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Re:Sorry Mods No where to go.

[Post New]by debraljensen on Jan 8, 15 4:42 PM
exactly, loyal customers are not feeling loyality back

 
demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

Re:Sorry Mods No where to go.

[Post New]by demon13 on Jan 8, 15 6:55 PM
ME TOO,,,I DON'T USE MINE EITHER BECAUSE I OWN THE CE's....AND THEN SOME OF THE SE's DO NOT HAVE A WALKTHRU,, I WONT BUY ONE IF NOT,,,

 
dramajunkie
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,641 Posts

Re:Sorry Mods No where to go.

[Post New]by dramajunkie on Jan 8, 15 8:35 PM
Badgerrrt wrote:Well, after posting MY feelings on this point of view, I have morphed into a "lobster" (I have 80 posts in 7 years!)

Congratulations on the morph! It used to be a big deal in the chat forums. For instance - be afraid of anyone melting butter when you swim near.

 

Re:Sorry Mods No where to go.

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on Jan 8, 15 9:33 PM
I absolutely agree with everything that has been said. People like me that spend a lot of money here every month already usually have everything in the series so these sales do nothing for us.

Please think of a better way to reward your best customers. I like the idea of using Punch Codes for a CE, even if it would take 2 Punch Codes for one CE.

 
yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

Re:Sorry Mods No where to go.

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jan 8, 15 10:20 PM
Volauvent wrote:BTW, this thread is off forum topic and will probably be locked very soon.

I missed some of the comments in this thread until just now.

Been around since 2009. Back then we had a chat area. It was wonderful and some of the issues I'm seeing here were topics in 2010, so BF gave us the 2 credits to buy a CE. It doesn't really save much but was a concession to make us happy. The coupon system is very simple, set for SE's. To create a whole new system for CE's would mean an expense that perhaps the next gen will find warranted.

BF has made a promise: a new game every day. NOT an easy promise to keep, so sometimes we get mediocre games. There really aren't that many good dev companies, and they can only put out just so many games a year.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really appreciate what you wrote about Big Fish very nicely worded...I joined in Dec. 2008 and there were no punch cards and the games cost much more ...Sometimes I'm a little huffy when there is a 'bundle sale that I already have most of until I remember "a new game every day" and "bonus Monday and our dear BOGO's so all and all I think Big Fish treats us very well and I'm another one that has a tight budget but with careful selections and good timing I have an embarrassing large collection
Plus Big Fish has to make something so they will be able to encourage developers both old and new to keep coming out with new games
Happy Gaming Volauvent and all my fellow Fishies

Edited on 01/08/2015 at 10:25:34 PM PST


 
abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

Re:Sorry Mods No where to go.

[Post New]by abarrett on Jan 8, 15 10:27 PM
I also am beginning to feel that GC membership has very little perks, especially when they took away getting a punch on the card if you used a PCC to by a game. Most of the percent off is off retail price, not GC price. When anyone would ask why they could only spend GC credits to buy CEs, BFG would always say that it had something to do with how the developers got their money for the game, or something like that. Hopefully the new ownership can figure out a way around this so those with multiple PCCs can get CE games.

 
DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Sorry Mods No where to go.

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 8, 15 11:03 PM
Hello there,
My vote would be for a half price Game Club Credit sale.
Now that would benefit ALL members.
Cheers

 
Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Sorry Mods No where to go.

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 8, 15 11:57 PM
abarrett wrote:I also am beginning to feel that GC membership has very little perks, especially when they took away getting a punch on the card if you used a PCC to by a game. Most of the percent off is off retail price, not GC price. When anyone would ask why they could only spend GC credits to buy CEs, BFG would always say that it had something to do with how the developers got their money for the game, or something like that. Hopefully the new ownership can figure out a way around this so those with multiple PCCs can get CE games.



Here is a list of all the sales for December 2014 for Club Members:

03. December - SEs = $3.49 / CEs = $6.99

16. December - SEs = $4.19 / CEs = $13.99 (this sale was for club members only)

17. December - SEs = $3.49 / CEs = $6.99

31. December - half off for club members (SEs = $3.49 / CEs = $6.99)

Apart from those, there were other sales throughout December of which club members could also take advantage of. Even the "50% off Retail price" sales will give a reduction for club members.

The rest of the sales in December 2014 included:

01. December - SEs = $3.99

06./07. December - Buy a CE and get one for $1.99

10. December - all SEs and CEs are half off Retail price

13./14. December - all CEs are $8.99

20./21. December - all SEs and CEs are 50% off Retail price

22. December - SEs = $3.99

24. December - BOGOF sale for SEs and CEs

25. December - SEs = $4.99

27./28. December - all games are 60% off Retail price (SEs = $3.99 / CEs = $7.99)

29. December - 2014 Customer Favorite Award sale = 60 SEs for $4.99 each

--- --- ---

Isn't this enough? It seems to me that the more we get, the more people want. As the saying goes: give them the little finger, and they want your whole hand.

--- --- ---

Forgot to mention that club members also get PCCs, for which you will still get a bonus punch on Mondays.

Edited on 01/09/2015 at 12:12:03 AM PST


 
dramajunkie
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,641 Posts

Re:Sorry Mods No where to go.

[Post New]by dramajunkie on Jan 9, 15 8:17 AM
DLO I also am ready for a 1/2 price game credit sale!

Valdy, Right On! laid out like that we can see just how BFG has 'saleability'. I agree they treat members pretty well. Yes, I would love to buy CEs with pccs- that rant has been around for longer than I have. No point in belaboring the issue and no reason for complaining. Members (long-term, loyal customers) still get some good perks. Let's not get greedy.

 
demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

Re:Sorry Mods No where to go.

[Post New]by demon13 on Jan 9, 15 8:24 AM
How do you give punch codes to someone?

 
minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

Re:Sorry Mods No where to go.

[Post New]by minesita on Jan 9, 15 10:17 AM
Valdy wrote:
abarrett wrote:I also am beginning to feel that GC membership has very little perks, especially when they took away getting a punch on the card if you used a PCC to by a game. Most of the percent off is off retail price, not GC price. When anyone would ask why they could only spend GC credits to buy CEs, BFG would always say that it had something to do with how the developers got their money for the game, or something like that. Hopefully the new ownership can figure out a way around this so those with multiple PCCs can get CE games.



Here is a list of all the sales for December 2014 for Club Members:

03. December - SEs = $3.49 / CEs = $6.99

16. December - SEs = $4.19 / CEs = $13.99 (this sale was for club members only)

17. December - SEs = $3.49 / CEs = $6.99

31. December - half off for club members (SEs = $3.49 / CEs = $6.99)

Apart from those, there were other sales throughout December of which club members could also take advantage of. Even the "50% off Retail price" sales will give a reduction for club members.

The rest of the sales in December 2014 included:

01. December - SEs = $3.99

06./07. December - Buy a CE and get one for $1.99

10. December - all SEs and CEs are half off Retail price

13./14. December - all CEs are $8.99

20./21. December - all SEs and CEs are 50% off Retail price

22. December - SEs = $3.99

24. December - BOGOF sale for SEs and CEs

25. December - SEs = $4.99

27./28. December - all games are 60% off Retail price (SEs = $3.99 / CEs = $7.99)

29. December - 2014 Customer Favorite Award sale = 60 SEs for $4.99 each

--- --- ---

Isn't this enough? It seems to me that the more we get, the more people want. As the saying goes: give them the little finger, and they want your whole hand.

--- --- ---

Forgot to mention that club members also get PCCs, for which you will still get a bonus punch on Mondays.


Very well expressed Valdy , that is exactly what I think.

On December, I bought a lot of games, and I didn't played all of them!

Regarding "Love Chronicles", I'll wait for a good sale to have it.

Happy gaming fishies ,
M.

 
JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

Re:Sorry Mods No where to go.

[Post New]by JulieJay on Jan 9, 15 11:12 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hello there,
My vote would be for a half price Game Club Credit sale.
Now that would benefit ALL members.
Cheers


In my time with BFG there has been only 1 sale of this kind and you can't tell me that BF's profits didn't reach an all time high during that period. However, I suspect they then seen no monetary action for quite a long time after that. Unfortunately therefore I am not sure we will ever see that sale again. That was indeed the sale of all sales. (In my opinion anyway).

 
jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

Re:Sorry Mods No where to go.

[Post New]by jcsgame on Jan 9, 15 11:23 AM
I agree that "IF" I own all the CE games in the "same" series, bundling does absolutely no good, because I already own the games in the series being bundled.

It would be great, "IF" Big Fish allowed us to use Game Club Credits to purchase Collector Edition games. Even using 1 Credit + $6.99 would be nice.....2 Game Club Credits would even be better.

I like many others usually only purchase CE games and end up not being able to find decent games on which to use Game Club Credits; thereby tossing the credits, because they expire.

 
BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

Re:Sorry Mods No where to go.

[Post New]by BearKat on Jan 9, 15 3:35 PM
demon13 wrote:How do you give punch codes to someone?


If you have a code that is about to expire (or even if you just have one you want to give away), I would suggest going into the Forum for the TGT and starting a thread titled "PCC to give away" and ask anyone who would like to have a free code to PM you!

Then give it to the first person who replies!

All you need to do is simply copy and paste the PCC into a PM, along with expiration date, and hit submit.

After you have sent it to some lucky Fishie (and made their day), go back to the thread and edit your post to read that it has been given away!

BK

Or you can always just pick a name a random. There are not many peeps who could not use a little "pick me up" at one time or another!

 

Re:Sorry Mods No where to go.

[Post New]by Dark_Promise on Jan 9, 15 5:46 PM
Well, my beef is that the old/discounted games are SE. I would be interested to pick up the other games at a decent discount if they were the CEs.

Edited on 01/10/2015 at 3:32:29 PM PST


 
maxbridge
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

ABSOLUTELY AGREE

[Post New]by maxbridge on Jan 9, 15 7:36 PM
Couldn't agree more - bundles are only good for new members - an offer for long term loyal BFG members would be SOoooo much appreciated..
Thanks gamblebug for starting this conversation thread - have thought it for ages but hadn't put it into words.

 

Re:Sorry Mods No where to go.

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Jan 9, 15 7:59 PM
I've been a Big Fish member for ages, have tons of games but I don't have any of these games so this sale could benefit me, a longtime member.

As pointed out by other posters, BFG has lots of sales. So today wasn't your day, maybe tomorrow will be.

Look at it this way, if you hadn't bought the first game, there wouldn't have been a sequel. Sales generate sequels.

 
abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

Re:Sorry Mods No where to go.

[Post New]by abarrett on Jan 9, 15 8:42 PM
Valdy wrote:
abarrett wrote:I also am beginning to feel that GC membership has very little perks, especially when they took away getting a punch on the card if you used a PCC to by a game. Most of the percent off is off retail price, not GC price. When anyone would ask why they could only spend GC credits to buy CEs, BFG would always say that it had something to do with how the developers got their money for the game, or something like that. Hopefully the new ownership can figure out a way around this so those with multiple PCCs can get CE games.



Here is a list of all the sales for December 2014 for Club Members:

03. December - SEs = $3.49 / CEs = $6.99

16. December - SEs = $4.19 / CEs = $13.99 (this sale was for club members only)

17. December - SEs = $3.49 / CEs = $6.99

31. December - half off for club members (SEs = $3.49 / CEs = $6.99)

Apart from those, there were other sales throughout December of which club members could also take advantage of. Even the "50% off Retail price" sales will give a reduction for club members.

The rest of the sales in December 2014 included:

01. December - SEs = $3.99

06./07. December - Buy a CE and get one for $1.99

10. December - all SEs and CEs are half off Retail price

13./14. December - all CEs are $8.99

20./21. December - all SEs and CEs are 50% off Retail price

22. December - SEs = $3.99

24. December - BOGOF sale for SEs and CEs

25. December - SEs = $4.99

27./28. December - all games are 60% off Retail price (SEs = $3.99 / CEs = $7.99)

29. December - 2014 Customer Favorite Award sale = 60 SEs for $4.99 each

--- --- ---

Isn't this enough? It seems to me that the more we get, the more people want. As the saying goes: give them the little finger, and they want your whole hand.

--- --- ---

Forgot to mention that club members also get PCCs, for which you will still get a bonus punch on Mondays.



Problem for me is that I use my accumulated GCC and PCC for games, as funds are currently limited. And I believe that fishies no longer get that extra punch if a PCC is used to purchase a game on Mondays. I used to do that so I could fill a PCC quicker, but unless I'm missing something, I don't get the extra one on Mondays.

 
Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Sorry Mods No where to go.

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 9, 15 9:37 PM
Abarrett, I only ever use my PCC on Mondays, because I always get the bonus punch for it. If you didn't get it, then you should contact CS, because you still get a bonus punch for the PCC on a Monday.

 
 
 
 
Go to: