TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:Where to find New Resources

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 8, 15 11:05 AM
feamom wrote:I'm sure this has been answered but dang if I can find it. I'm trying to build the Dino display but I need cement and gravel. I have no aviation fuel and only 12 gold bars. I used my last tank of fuel to fly to Italy thinking I'd at least get another tank, but nope. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

If you have a lot of stars, you can play the star slot machine and try to win gold bars to buy fuel.

If you have a lot of coins, you can try the auction for pieces of a collection that awards you fuel.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 9, 15 2:23 PM
and again....

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Feb 10, 15 9:37 AM
Extremely frustrated with the fuel situation. Seems you have to do multiple things just to get a lousy tank o' gas! You need an awful amount of gas to do the quests as the countries are very frugal giving up both fuel and the countless amount of building materials needed. Screw drivers, nails, cement, sand etc are given one or two at a time per tank and you need 100's of them. It seems to me BF/BZ should have made the gas easier to buy with coins or made them more available in the countries themselves. Right now its just frustrating and I am leaving the building quests for now.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 10, 15 9:56 AM
Bluex wrote:Extremely frustrated with the fuel situation. Seems you have to do multiple things just to get a lousy tank o' gas! You need an awful amount of gas to do the quests as the countries are very frugal giving up both fuel and the countless amount of building materials needed. Screw drivers, nails, cement, sand etc are given one or two at a time per tank and you need 100's of them. It seems to me BF/BZ should have made the gas easier to buy with coins or made them more available in the countries themselves. Right now its just frustrating and I am leaving the building quests for now.

This is how I've been handling the building quests.

I played the first country, Italy, until I had all 4 modes (fast shopper, picture, silhouette, picky shopper) in play. Then I added the next country, Egypt. I play each country 4 times, stop, and see if I can put together any collectibles, and then check to see if I can do any building quests.

When Egypt had all 4 modes available, I added Indonesia to the rotation. Again, played each country 4 times, stop, check collectibles, then check buildings quests. Same routine adding Antarctica and Argentina.

I still have to add Canada and New Zealand to the rotation.

Playing this way, I now have 81 units of fuel in my inventory.

The building quests are going to take a long time/lots of playing the countries. In the beginning it will be slow going, but I'm collecting a lot of doors, windows, and other things I don't need now, but when I finally get to those quests, I should be able to just hand over the goods.

Don't focus on how many quests you can complete now. If you keep checking the building quests after every trip to a country, of course you'll feel frustrated and as if you're not making any progress.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 10, 15 10:50 AM
I agree wholeheartedly with TiramaSue (how's that, T-Sue??) .
This is meant to be a long-term game that we play bit by bit and gradually build up our achievements. The strategy she describes is really good as a way of getting a good supply of fuel and at the same time slowly gathering the resources that we will need to complete the buildings. The first 3 or 4 countries do have a really good return of fuel and resources on the whole. At the same time we will also slowly get the parts for the puzzles that appear later inside the buildings to complete the quests. One of the key things that people often seem to miss is that you also need to keep putting together the collection pieces in the countries in order to win extra fuel.

If everything was provided in large quantities straight away, and if we didn't have to work a bit to get the fuel (or the gold to buy stuff), then what would happen?
.....Well, we would all finish the whole thing a lot faster, indeed, without needing to put in so much effort (and patience) - and then.... guess what..... there would be loud complaints that there was nothing more to do and we're all getting bored just waiting around for another update....

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Feb 10, 15 11:59 AM
Sounds like a plan, i'll try that and see how it works..... Thank you for the tips!

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 10, 15 12:32 PM
I just did another circuit and although I couldn't complete any building quests, I did increase my fuel to 87 units.

I have all my countries set up so that I play faster shopper mode first. That way, I don't have to count how many times I've played. When fast shopper comes around again, I know it's time to move on to the next country.

[Post New]by hellsfury64 on Feb 10, 15 4:08 PM
until you hit guru you can just see how many to go like 10/20. I do 5 of each at a time (haven't opened Spain or Romania yet in case I need he gold for Valentine's. I do the collections after I have run through each country. It seems they drop less fuel once they hit guru or is that just certain days? Italy finally gave me some, but usually it and Egypt now use up my fuel instead of getting me ahead. I'm making most on Indonesia and putting together the collections.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 10, 15 4:38 PM
I have been at Guru for a while in all the countries (except NZ) and have not noticed any change in the drop rate.... still getting enough fuel from the first 3 to take me to the later ones for a few goes at least.

petnut55
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by petnut55 on Feb 25, 15 2:13 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I've opened a wordpad document, and every time I find a list of things I know will be helpful, I copy and paste the page address into the document, so it's handy when I need it. I copied and pasted the list of supplies and the list of collection locations into the document in their entirety... I use it so much, if it was a real paper pad, it would be dogeared on the pages by now!

petnut55
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by petnut55 on Feb 25, 15 2:15 PM
Oh, and once you open Spain, each collection that you get in there, of the RAN cookie jars, gives you ten gold bars.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Feb 25, 15 5:27 PM
petnut55 wrote:Oh, and once you open Spain, each collection that you get in there, of the RAN cookie jars, gives you ten gold bars.

AND if you open Romania.. you can get the same collections and a better chance to increase those collections and redeem for GOLD.

petnut55
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by petnut55 on Feb 25, 15 8:06 PM
Thanks ChestnutHeights, I haven't opened it yet, was wondering.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Mar 16, 15 11:50 AM
still a need for easy access

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Mar 16, 15 6:29 PM
I have been keeping track I started with 20 fuel and have played six cities four times each, after taking the reward for collections as I went I am now at 10 fuel. Not so bad. Feel a whole lot better now I have actually tracked the results.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Mar 22, 15 3:01 PM
A good strategy might be to aim to get each building to level 3 so you can work at the quests inside them as you continue to search for building supplies and fuel.

Once you need to go to those countries that require 3 fuels, you're going to need to spend more time playing the 1 fuel places to keep your fuel supply up. Every now and them you'll get extremely lucky and manage to break even when you play the high fuel countries.

Looking for those dinosaur bones, I had to make almost 3 complete circuits of each country. Playing each country 12 times really depleted my fuel supply. And it can be quite disheartening to play a scene and only receive 2 items in addition to the coins and experience.

Once you build all the foundations, fast shopper mode is a waste of fuel, IMO. What are we supposed to do with all that gravel and cement? (Well, I can think of a use for the cement - Fatima could use a new pair of overshoes)

barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by barbarasofie on Mar 23, 15 5:44 AM
*vote* for the new overshoes ....

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Apr 26, 15 9:07 AM
la-di-la-la.....found ya !

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 9, 15 7:40 AM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to pop in here and thank everyone for their contributions to this thread. Since it appears that this thread has been very helpful to the players, I've gone ahead and placed it in the following locked thread:

Helpful Links for Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'

This thread is located under the Tips, Tricks and Guides section. I hope this helps!

I'd also like to remind users of the Forum Rules, specifically,

Make sure your posts are constructive and add to the conversation on the forums. Posting just to "level up" or "bump" discussions is considered SPAM. Posts that are not game related will be removed

Thanks for your understanding! Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jun 9, 15 4:53 PM
bfgBellerophon wrote:Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to pop in here and thank everyone for their contributions to this thread. Since it appears that this thread has been very helpful to the players, I've gone ahead and placed it in the following locked thread:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/285313.pageHelpful Links for Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'

This thread is located under the Tips, Tricks and Guides section. I hope this helps!

Make sure your posts are constructive and add to the conversation on the forums. Posting just to "level up" or "bump" discussions is considered SPAM. Posts that are not game related will be removed
bfgBellerophon

Yes, indeed, that is helpful.... now if we could get the others that I suggested to be added there as well we would be in good shape and not have to move threads up for others to find.

I am sure you have my 5/14/14 email around somewhere but I personally would like to see the following added as well please:
Finally have a few minutes to submit a listing of threads I would like considered to be sticked under Helpful links folder.

In order:

Antique Explorer's Membership Quest
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/285605.page

Feeding the cat
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/395201.page

Missing painting quest series and associated threads
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/357491.page

This one is already listed in that folder but would go after the quest above
Crest collections - 6/17/14 update expanded collectibles
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/284854.page

Plane, AES Door, World Cities, Blue Prints & Mini Scenes--- GUIDE
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/344199.page