Re:New version of Yard Sale Hidden Treasures: Lucky Junction available now

[Post New]by Malevolentmind on May 24, 09 12:12 AM
So yea, I've got this problem. I've tried downloading the game, and it gets stuck at 100% downloaded, and just sits there. I've run the fix, I've restarted my system, I've tried to download a new version from my purchase history after removing the frozen download from my game manager, I've updated my game manager and still no luck... So I don't know about the other complaints people have, cos I haven't even got that far.

keximo
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by keximo on May 24, 09 3:56 AM
BFG Master
help us fishes with the issue.

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on May 24, 09 4:19 AM
I'm assuming that another fix will be out sometime this next week. There are just too many of us still having problems. I had planned to spend the long weekend playing this game, but now it looks like I'll have to clean house or something. Or, I could just keep playing my other games and ignore the house further.

I've sent all my info to Customer Service. If we all keep letting them know it still isn't working, SlapDash will have to keep working on fixing it.

[Post New]by pet_crocodile76 on May 24, 09 8:07 PM
Icky_Etardo wrote:I got a response for customer service. They sent me a link to a diagnostic tool called Dr. Felix. I ran the tool, attached the log and sent it back. I'm pretty sure the problem is the game, not my computer Hopefully the diagnostic tool will help them determine just what is wrong with this game so they can fix it for good.

I did that, too, and then never heard back from them!!! Only got a SURVEY asking how they did...

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on May 24, 09 9:14 PM
pet_crocodile76 wrote:
Icky_Etardo wrote:I got a response for customer service. They sent me a link to a diagnostic tool called Dr. Felix. I ran the tool, attached the log and sent it back. I'm pretty sure the problem is the game, not my computer Hopefully the diagnostic tool will help them determine just what is wrong with this game so they can fix it for good.

I did that, too, and then never heard back from them!!! Only got a SURVEY asking how they did...

I'm still waiting to hear back from them on my second issue, but then again it's only been two days, and it's a holiday weekend to boot If I get the survey I'll definitely send it back letting them know that the problem IS NOT resolved.

I'm getting closer to just wanting my game credit back. When Syberia 2 didn't work for me, I got great service, though, so I still have some hope.

keximo
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by keximo on May 25, 09 4:44 AM
teck said ok, download new version; change profile and start from scratch.
BFG - just get me the credit.

[Post New]by Madamx84 on May 25, 09 8:40 AM
keximo wrote:teck said ok, download new version; change profile and start from scratch.

Yea I did that too and it DIDN'T WORK. Slapdash needs to really fix this game because it is a big upset!! I've tried everything short of throwing my computer out the window and I'll think it's gonna work and then I get the error screen. I'm so mad I don't know if I want another game from BFG!!

[Post New]by skynyrdfan on May 25, 09 9:49 AM
I too am having problems, well so far 1 problem. I made my chandeleir & when I went to the "room" to drag (I"m assuming the furniture) to the room, there was nothing to drag. It had the side payne with nothing in it except, at the bottom it said "main menu" It makes me kinda sad. I too think I would love this one as much as the first. I will try to un-install & re-install but if anyone else has had this particular problem, I'd like to know what (if anything) you did. Thanks

[Post New]by skynyrdfan on May 25, 09 12:32 PM
My problem is solved (for now anyway). I'm not sure if it was an oversight on my part or if re-installing actually did the trick. So far so good though except for the flickering. Is that part of the game or a "gliche"?

mlp62
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by mlp62 on May 25, 09 10:58 PM
Madamx84 wrote:
keximo wrote:teck said ok, download new version; change profile and start from scratch.

I'm so mad I don't know if I want another game from BFG!!

Seriously, this situation is not the norm. BigFish is usually the best company there is to deal with. I have more games than I want to admit and have rarely had any problems at all. The couple times I did, the techs were terrific. That's why I don't understand why I haven't had a response to my on line help message I sent a week ago. Perhaps they're inundated with similar messages and are working to fix the game rather than answering everyone individually. I hope so because I don't want a refund or a credit. I want to be able to play the game.

[Post New]by hillbillypeach on May 26, 09 10:51 AM
i have sent the results to my Dr. Felix last week and have heard nothing, i sent another email asking why i have not heard from them and i just want a credit and still nothing.

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on May 26, 09 3:58 PM
hillbillypeach wrote:i have sent the results to my Dr. Felix last week and have heard nothing, i sent another email asking why i have not heard from them and i just want a credit and still nothing.

I heard back from BFG today re: My Dr. Felix results. They said that it was my video card which doesn't make sense because I played 9/10ths of the game without a problem. I was in the final level before I started having display problems, where there were just blank pixels instead of the brush, the paint bucket, the thing I was working on, etc. I'm a little worried now that any and every problem will be blamed on my video card due to the fact that there hasn't been an update on it since 2005. Sure, it's old, but the computer still runs fine! I hope they don't continue to issue games that most people's computers can't run!

However, they did issue me a credit, so I can't really complain. I got to play most of a really fun game and I got my money back, so I'm satisfied with that.

Maybe you should shoot them another email asking about the status of your complaint? There's got to be absolute chaos in customer service, since Yard Sale is in the top 10 and it's a totally flawed, messed up game. If I ran BFG I would probably pull this game off the site until it was fixed. Just my humble opinion.

Edit: Holy LOL, Yard Sale is the #1 game today, in spite of its problems! I'd definitely shoot them another email, Hillbillypeach. I think you fell through the cracks. They might even give you two credits since they lost your complaint.

Edited on 05/26/2009 at 4:01:15 PM PST

[Post New]by Ohtabbykat on May 26, 09 4:44 PM
I too just heard back from tech support. told me update my video card ... even sent me a link to go to and do that...Also told me to check and make I had the up to date version of Shockwave Player as that is what there games are played...I did all that. I uninstalled and reinstalled...Play fine for about a hour and then it started up again. Don't think it is my computer...Too many complaints on this game. I just sent them a reply and told them that it was acting up again.. Hopefully I will get a game credit for all this trouble..I have spent more time email tech support then I have my friends and family this week.

[Post New]by tan58p on May 26, 09 4:54 PM
this game is still getting an error, i have tried everything you have said to do and still i cant play, this is maddening. l since i have already bought this game i would like a game credit please. i cannot play this game!!!

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on May 26, 09 10:13 PM
tan58p wrote:this game is still getting an error, i have tried everything you have said to do and still i cant play, this is maddening. l since i have already bought this game i would like a game credit please. i cannot play this game!!!

You will have to contact BFG customer service here:

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask/c/2805/r_id/109674

You will need to describe the error. They may want you to perform a few minor tasks to rule out computer malfunction, such as uninstalling and reinstalling the game. They may link you to the Dr. Felix Diagnostic tool, have you run it, and have you email the report back to them. Eventually if they can't fix it, they will refund your game credit. It usually takes less than a week from initial complaint to getting a refund. Of course, they seem a little busy right now, since this game is #1 and it doesn't seem to work for anyone, so it might take them a little longer this time....

NannyK23
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by NannyK23 on May 26, 09 11:53 PM
Surely they can't just keep saying it's everyone elses fault because of out of date video cards etc etc. There's got to be something wrong with the game if hardly anyone can play it.

It would be nice to know if they're looking into problems with the game and not just blaming everyone else (ie the customers!!)

I'm really disappointed because I was looking forward to this game and the little bit I got to play was really, really great.

Edited on 05/26/2009 at 11:53:45 PM PST

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on May 26, 09 11:53 PM
The updated version has worked for me, after I uninstalled and reinstalled, and made a new profile. And I even forgot to reboot between uninstalling and reinstalling. Also, I didn't update my video driver; went to the Dell website but was confused about what to download, so didn't do anything. I did go to the Microsoft website, but the only update available to me was the newest Internet Explorer, which I did go ahead and download.

Anyway, I finished the career portion of the game tonight, which unlocked the tour portion, but I haven't tried that yet. I did have a funny glitch near the end of the game. At Faye Rowe's house, (Love the punny names!) I found the baseball bat, went to the map, came back to her house, used a hint, and it found the baseball bat again, and when I came back a third time, I had to find the baseball bat yet again. Weird!

Other than that, it's been ok; no freezing, or just momentary freezing of the cursor, but no crashing.

[Post New]by hillbillypeach on May 27, 09 6:40 AM
i got my game credit, but no reply . i guess i cannot have everything...lol i guess i will find another game to play until they get this one right.....darn it .... what little i did play i liked...... very disappointed!!!!

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on May 27, 09 10:31 AM
moonweaver wrote:The updated version has worked for me, after I uninstalled and reinstalled, and made a new profile. And I even forgot to reboot between uninstalling and reinstalling. Also, I didn't update my video driver; went to the Dell website but was confused about what to download, so didn't do anything. I did go to the Microsoft website, but the only update available to me was the newest Internet Explorer, which I did go ahead and download.

Anyway, I finished the career portion of the game tonight, which unlocked the tour portion, but I haven't tried that yet. I did have a funny glitch near the end of the game. At Faye Rowe's house, (Love the punny names!) I found the baseball bat, went to the map, came back to her house, used a hint, and it found the baseball bat again, and when I came back a third time, I had to find the baseball bat yet again. Weird!

Other than that, it's been ok; no freezing, or just momentary freezing of the cursor, but no crashing.

LOL! I went to Dell to try and update my drivers the first time too, and it's impossible to figure out what you need to do from their site. Fortunately there's an easier way to update your drivers:

1. RIGHT-click My Computer icon.
2. Choose "manage"
3. Choose "Device Manager"
4. Choose "Display adapters"
5. Double-click the graphics card
6. Choose the "Driver" tab
7. Click "Update Driver"

and you're done!

Edit: I'm downloading the new build just for giggles because I'm not convinced my graphics card was the problem. I'll let y'all know if it works any better.

Edited on 05/27/2009 at 10:34:15 AM PST

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on May 27, 09 11:51 AM
I uninstalled/reinstalled the game, and after the second new build, I was able to finish it! I haven't tried tour mode, but mostly I just wanted to finish adventure mode. I didn't have to make a new profile (or I would never have finished it, LOL!) So in the end:

1. I got my game credit back
2. They fixed the original game so I could finish it

All in all, I'm satisfied with the results. Sure, there were delays and frustrations, but in the end, I got what I paid for, and then some! Thanks BFG.

Go to: