patcam52
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Tales: The Twilight World Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by patcam52 on Jan 24, 15 10:03 AM
No sound.

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Tales: The Twilight World Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bluejen on Jan 24, 15 10:17 AM
swedane wrote:So far the Mac hasn't any problems! PC & Mac both had an Adobe flash player upgrade two days ago. Not sure if that might be part of the problem. It's worth checking out!

Excellent advice. Yep, I upgraded the flash player on my Mac as well.

patcam52
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Tales: The Twilight World Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by patcam52 on Jan 24, 15 10:18 AM
Let me clarify that, there is no talking sound. Music etc but no talking, lips move but no sound.

Bee921
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by Bee921 on Jan 24, 15 11:47 AM
The game froze up on me 3 times in the scene with the parrot. All I was able to do was put the horn on the unicorn.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jan 24, 15 12:20 PM
Cannot get to Strategy guide. It's like it's located too far below the active screen so it never highlights to click on it.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Jan 24, 15 12:41 PM
lexus1girl wrote:I am on the last section with the printer and the fan. I tried the hint button and its not really telling me what to do. Im trying to get the ink cartridge out of the fan. Any suggestions?

When you open up the area with the fan you will notice your magic box opens. Use the remote to shut off the fan.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Jan 24, 15 12:55 PM
So, after not being able to play this game on my Win8.1 computer I decided to try it out on my Win7 one. Well folks, it worked perfectly. No glitches, well except for one area which put additional stuff back that wasn't needed but it did not affect my game. The strategy guide worked but was missing an index so you needed to scroll through from wherever you left off. I also cannot comment on the sound issue since my Win7 computer doesn't have speakers attached. I did incur the same problem as others though on the Win8 computer with the sound disappearing.
Someone had mentioned that the developers are the same as for Labyrinths of the world. I had held out hope for a fix until a few days ago and finally tried it on my Win7 computer and was finally able to play it. Sadly, most people don't have access to 2 computers with different operating systems. This developer needs to figure out what they are programming wrong that their games are causing so many access violations, black screens, freezing, etc. and not ignore them like they did when Labyrinths was released. They even had the nerve to release the SE with the same problems. 4 months later and still nothing. According to some of the posters who had Beta tested the game, they did not have these issues, so it seems as though this error may have been added after the beta was resubmitted for final approval. Sad really.

Edited on 01/24/2015 at 3:47:51 PM PST

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Jan 24, 15 1:03 PM
I beta tested this as well and didn[t have the issues then that I have now/....Can't open Strategy Guide. Hangs up doesn't totally freeze but takes a while for it to get Unstuck, lips move no sound...definitely not buying unless these are fixed.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jan 24, 15 1:28 PM
Poof11 wrote:So, after not being able to play this game on my Win8.1 computer I decided to try it out on my Win7 one. Well folks, it worked perfectly. No glitches, well except for one area which put additional stuff back that wasn't needed but it did not affect my game. The strategy guide worked but was missing an index so you needed to scroll through from wherever you left off.
Someone had mentioned that the developers are the same as for Labyrinths of the world. I had held out hope for a fix until a few days ago and finally tried it on my Win7 computer and was finally able to play it. Sadly, most people don't have access to 2 computers with different operating systems. This developer needs to figure out what they are programming wrong that their games are causing so many access violations, black screens, freezing, etc. and not ignore them like they did when Labyrinths was released. They even had the nerve to release the SE with the same problems. 4 months later and still nothing. Sad really.

I think you're right. My husband who used to be a programmer says developers get lazy and just test games on a few systems, maybe the ones they develop the games on because there are too many variables. Big Fish shouldn't have to do the developers testing for them.

Edited on 01/24/2015 at 1:31:57 PM PST

[Post New]by MRSBUCHANAN on Jan 24, 15 1:47 PM
Problem removing gem from fireplace in woman's house.

melmer1423
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by melmer1423 on Jan 24, 15 2:45 PM
Started playing this game, and, I DON'T think I'm going to buy it because there's too many things wrong with it. Start with the Strategy Guide. Part of the reason I buy the CEs is because of the guide/ These help, but, i can't open it. From reading the forum it looks like I'm not the only one. The game also freezes when you least expect it, which is frustrating to say the least. I don't know if I would find as many as the one player found, but I decided I didn't want to stick around for it. BFG - a word to the wise- make sure the game works before offering it for sale. Would it kill you to do that? Make the changes necessary, and then, offer the game for sale again.

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Jan 24, 15 4:16 PM
What a shocker that this game is freezing! It is by none other than Domini games, which if you all remember was the developers for Labyrinths of the World: Shattered Soul Collector's Edition. People are still waiting for a patch or update on that game, so I wouldn't hold my breath if you buy it in hopes that a patch will come because it won't. I guess they really don't care but I remember and i'll be damned if I purchase another one of their games when they are having the same issues. You would think that they or BFG would have tested the games out and check for bugs before releasing them to us. Not only that but then releasing it again under SD with those issues still unresolved.

Thanks but no thanks!!!

pmcx2
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by pmcx2 on Jan 24, 15 4:21 PM
hi i downloaded this game got to 99% then error what is going on bigfish this games are not working reinstalled it again 99% error mad please fix this game up sick and tied finding games that doe not working 3 games dont work bigfish put some good tech on who knows how to produce games i am member i think i go some where else to buy games had enough of frozing games errors in games i think elese where would be better to buy games sad i like bigfish games but sick and tied of clinches errors frozing i have new machine all my software and hardware up to date no prombles with my machine so bigfish its your promble grap tech

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jan 24, 15 4:33 PM
giddiup101 wrote:What a shocker that this game is freezing! It is by none other than Domini games, which if you all remember was the developers for Labyrinths of the World: Shattered Soul Collector's Edition. People are still waiting for a patch or update on that game, so I wouldn't hold my breath if you buy it in hopes that a patch will come because it won't. I guess they really don't care but I remember and i'll be damned if I purchase another one of their games when they are having the same issues. You would think that they or BFG would have tested the games out and check for bugs before releasing them to us. Not only that but then releasing it again under SD with those issues still unresolved.

Thanks but no thanks!!!

Looking at all the posts here in the 'tech issues' I am not surprised and agree with about Domini Games has been a headache on any of their games. Have done demo on the three listed on the game page & never got finished without a problem, so of course no buy!
And like fellow posters have a very updated computer running here so to keep my sanity this game I will not even try, sorry dev's but need to do a lot more checking before offering...IMO!
Lets

luciusm
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by luciusm on Jan 24, 15 4:55 PM
Windows 8.1, totally up to date. Tried demo and I'm sorry to say that I had problems too. I noticed that others were having problems with Strategy Guide, so I looked. I had same problem with it. Also I couldn't even get past the fireplace in the hotel lobby. The ice bucket disappeared. I quit and deleted the game. Too bad because it looked interesting.
I am at the point where I have re-installed and played old games that I have on my purchase history. They work. Some are so old that I have forgotten them and it is like getting a new game.

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

OOPS!!!!

[Post New]by pgillenw on Jan 24, 15 5:11 PM
Agree with other seems like a good game. Tech issues get in the way.

The SG can not be opened.
The first puzzle can not play. Stars are not selectable.
The lady on the bed has no voice over, kinda weird.

Perhaps its a build issue. BF you might try the game before posting for release. May be optimal to install on a computer where the game was never developed on or built on.

sullysdragons
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by sullysdragons on Jan 24, 15 5:39 PM
The only glitch I had in the game was the girls voice not coming through on the one screen. In the demo, the Strategy Guide didn't open, but after purchase it worked fine. I'm going to assume they didn't offer it in the demo.

I just finished the game without any issues.

alowan
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by alowan on Jan 24, 15 5:43 PM
I had no trouble as I went through the demo (I didn't look for the SG), but then it froze up solid at what seems to be the end of the demo.

I've been a faithful fishie since June 2007, and own just over 700 games, all bought from you.

I waited and waited for a fix on Labyrinths of the World: Shattered Soul CE but finally just deleted it. I wish Domini would get their stuff together, because I liked both games a lot, and would have bought them. But now Domini has put themselves on my "do not trust" list. Bah.

Big Fish, please do something about this stuff! These aren't the only two games I have NOT bought because of tech issues recently. You used to be much faster with the fixes - and used to have wonderful customer service, too.

Sweetjuli
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Sweetjuli on Jan 24, 15 6:56 PM
down loaded game froze before could play, had to reboot will try again, do not usually have problems playing games,have new computer with all the updates...ggrr

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jan 24, 15 10:46 PM
I have an up to date Win 8.1 laptop. With all the reported tech issues with fishies that have the same operating system, do I try and download the demo in hopes of getting a different outcome? I'm not going to bother with this game or any other from this developer. Also, the days of not being able to access the SG in the demo ended quite a while ago. It sounds like the developer didn't get the memo that the Win 7 operating system is no longer being supported by its developer and they forgot about Win 8.1. Hopefully they won't try and develop a game for the Win 9 operating system .

Go to: