Re:Fireplace at the womans house

[Post New]by wonderwoman2007 on Feb 11, 15 5:10 PM
same issue here,Im running windows 8.1,I have uninstalled and reinstalled and started over completely with no change.Very frustrating.

Edited on 02/14/2015 at 8:37:12 PM PST

peepa512
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by peepa512 on Feb 12, 15 4:03 PM
I have windows 8 and cannot pick up the gem. I uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Help!

MauiMe
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by MauiMe on Feb 14, 15 9:17 PM
Have you tried firing up the coals in the fireplace with the candlestick in your magic box? I did that and the fire burned down and I picked up the gem. I, too, have Win 7. I just finished the main game without any glitches.

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Feb 23, 15 7:47 AM
you can add me, too. And yes, coals were lit up but no chance of getting the gem. I have windows 7 and BF, it is really not good caring about your customers if more and more games have glitches AFTER you bought them. Have the games tested from the beginning to the end please !!!!

[Post New]by kassie65 on Feb 25, 15 5:08 PM
Me too thought I was going crazy, was stuck before and started over now I can't get gem from the fire place

[Post New]by teryleandro on Feb 26, 15 1:30 PM
okay, I'm willing to try firing up the coals OR the matches and the crucible (???) but I need some specifics. WHERE ARE THEY???

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 26, 15 1:41 PM
Hi everyone,

I came across this thread and see that the majority of players are having the same issue with being unable to pick up the gem in this particular game. I'm so sorry to hear about that! I can definitely see how frustrating this can be.

If you would like to troubleshoot this issue, I recommend to contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They can help provide some troubleshooting steps.

I've also notified the appropriate people in regards to this since many of you are experiencing it.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

fatandfrumpy
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by fatandfrumpy on Feb 26, 15 7:31 PM
Ditto.........I can see the gem, sure can't get it!

[Post New]by silverbets on Aug 12, 15 2:28 PM
I'm stuck also......sent in tech support and Dr Felix yesterday ....... keep hoping as I was enjoying the game.

[Post New]by evie1955 on Aug 22, 15 1:16 AM
Has there been a resolution to the gem in the fireplace problem with this game???

peepa512
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by peepa512 on Feb 6, 16 9:11 AM
I just started playing this game again hoping that the problem had been fixed. Uninstalled and reinstalled. I did contact customer support. Hopefully they have an answer. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

[Post New]by eRacerX_007 on Feb 6, 16 2:13 PM
I can't seem to find the gem

[Post New]by GarthV8der on Mar 20, 16 1:19 AM
I can't get the bleepin' gem either getting really pissed off fix it or lose a custumer

[Post New]by Alba43 on Mar 21, 16 10:02 AM
Problem still ongoing, I cant pick up gem either. Anyone heard of a fix?

[Post New]by trevortpearce on Mar 21, 16 12:14 PM
big fish you owe me for a collectors game that I cant finish. I have reloaded and no joy please recompense thankyou.

[Post New]by trevortpearce on Mar 25, 16 8:00 AM
trevortpearce wrote:big fish you owe me for a collectors game that I cant finish. I have reloaded and no joy please recompense thankyou.

Tarma
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Tarma on Apr 27, 16 3:54 PM
Well you can add me to the growing list of frustrated game players. Since the only BF moderator who bothered to read this thread said his/her piece in Feb of LAST YEAR it is rather obvious to me that BF really doesn't give a piece of doggy do-do about fixing the glitch. So one more game on the garbage heap.

Thanks BF - way to go

Tarma
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Tarma on Apr 27, 16 7:15 PM
OK folks - there is a way to get past the glitch that I have tested and it works.

You will have to restart the game as a different player - play through to the fireplace HOS and click on everything EXCEPT the Flower. Save it to the very last. It is located near the base of the left hand andiron at the feet of the deer. When you click on it LAST the game should proceed properly and you can get the gem. (My fingers are crossed for you.)

Thank you "vadudette" for your tip.

- you still get an F for your lack of response to this game stopping glitch.

Edited on 04/27/2016 at 7:18:35 PM PST

Go to: