Re:Welcome to Plants vs. Zombies forum

[Post New]by Feisty1209 on Jun 7, 09 10:51 AM
thanks amby0625 i will give it a try

[Post New]by Feisty1209 on Jun 7, 09 12:20 PM
Woot that worked like a charm thanks sooooo much amby0625!!!

amby0625
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

[Post New]by amby0625 on Jun 7, 09 9:40 PM
you're welcome feisty1209, glad i could help :-)

[Post New]by mckreagon79 on Jun 11, 09 7:20 PM
my son and I love this game sooo much I allready beat it twice and I am still playing but does anybody know what other words change in it cause all I know is future and daysies

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jun 11, 09 8:47 PM
Welcome to the pond! I'm addicted too. Here's what Gamezebo says:
”future” - the zombies wear retro sunglasses
”mustache” - the zombies get a mustache
”trickedout” - a visual upgrade of the lawnmowers
"sukhbir" - toggles the zombie's call for brains sound
”pinata” - a shower of candy when a zombie dies (tree of wisdom at 500 feet)
”daisies” - flowers sprout from fallen zombies (tree of wisdom at 100 feet)
"dance" - makes the zombies dance (tree of wisdom at 1,000 feet)

amby0625
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

[Post New]by amby0625 on Jun 12, 09 9:04 PM
hi lordkalvan & mckreagon79!

the gamezebo walkthrough mixed up the height needed to enable the pinata & dance easter egg. its 500 feet for dance & 1,000 feet for the pinata. happy gaming & have a great day!

Edited on 06/13/2009 at 5:58:57 PM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jun 13, 09 11:43 AM
Thanks for verifying that those two were listed backwards. You will need to remove the urls, because the terms of service forbid urls that aren't to places on the BFG website.

Gwennoel
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by Gwennoel on Jun 13, 09 4:31 PM
Can anyone tell me how to beat level 5-10 ? The giant zombie on the roof, there's a limited selection of things to fight them with, ( you select from what's offered )& I've been stuck here longer than any level.

amby0625
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

[Post New]by amby0625 on Jun 13, 09 6:05 PM
ooops, sorry about that lordkalvan, thanks for telling me! didn't realize they weren't allowed. i didn't bother reading the terms of service, now i should, lol!
have a great day!

amby0625
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

[Post New]by amby0625 on Jun 13, 09 6:21 PM
hi gwennoel! level 5-10 is the one where you face-off against dr. zomboss, right?
for me, i made sure i had ice shrooms & jalapenos available. when the robot spits out a fireball, use an ice shroom, it doesn't matter which flower pot you put it on. when its an ice-ball, use a jalapeno directly on its path. i try to leave empty flower pots nearest to the roof cleaners so i can put the jalapeno there (for the iceballs, gargantuars & zombonis).
also, whenever dr. zomboss is in sight, use an ice shroom immediately so that all your plants would start hitting him, that's how he loses his life. but i think you can only use 2 ice shrooms at a time, i tried using an ice shroom a 3rd time, the robot still stood up.
also, make sure you have at least one melon-pult & one kernel-pult in each column (or row, depending on how you look at the game, i try to view my game like i'm facing the zombies, so my roof cleaners would be one row to me).
the kernel-pult alternates between lobbing butter & corn kernels; the corn kernels have light damage, so its really useless against tough zombies, but the butter immobilizes them, so it can be pretty useful too.
hope this helps you somehow. happy gaming!

Edited on 06/13/2009 at 6:40:50 PM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jun 13, 09 6:29 PM
For level 5-10:
Keep at least one chili and one ice shroom for when Dr Zomboss rolls a ball. Leave one empty flowerpot in each lane. If Dr Zomboss rolls a fire ball, use an ice shroom. If Dr Zomboss rolls an ice ball, use a chili.

Keep a few pots in reserve for replacing ones that get smashed.

Try to put one melon in each lane, and scatter the lesser pults fairly evenly. It's probably best to NOT put more than one melon in each lane most of the time, because it seems like just when I think it's safe to do so Dr Zomboss will pull out his mobile home and crush my melons. You probably do not want the melons either in the back column or the very front; the catapult zombies will take out the back position plant (sometimes they take out the next one instead). If you have extra chilis, use those to get rid of the catapult zombie.

If you don't have enough melons or chilis, and need to stall, use an ice shroom. This is particularly good with Gargantua when you down to a single chili. The ice freezes all the zombies for a bit, so that you have a chance of getting another chili.

If you are completely out of chili/ice shroom and Dr Zomboss rolls a ball, don't try to plant anything else in that lane until after it goes through. It won't end the level, just clears that lane completely (including the roof cleaner). Similarly with Gargantua: if you have a roof cleaner left on that lane, that will take care of Gargantua and his imp. Just keep in mind that you will need to protect THAT lane better for the rest of the round because the roof cleaner is gone.

goldens
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by goldens on Jun 14, 09 10:19 AM
I usually don't purchase arcade games, but had heard so much about this one I had to take a peek. I was hooked before the demo was up & quickly purchased it. This game is creative, fun, frustrating and addictive...need I say more.

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Jun 14, 09 10:55 AM
Hi Goldens, This game is great fun, and will keep you busy for hours.

[Post New]by IntelligentLife on Jun 23, 09 2:14 AM
Can you FIND a more entertaining game right now? I've been a BFG player since 2006, have probably 75 games purchased outright and played tons more online, etc... and besides what appears to be a one-shot Plantasia, this is my new favorite game of all time! Something about plants fighting the elements and the, um, NON-elements just tickles the funny bone something terrible! I finished all the levels, the mini-games, and the puzzles except for the neverending ones, sold Dandy Dave (or whatever his name is) several plants, and the fun STILL keeps on going! It's like the actual game itself is the appetizer and the Zen Garden is dessert. This'll get me through the summer just fine. Maybe I'll even call in sick the first week of school (well, maybe not... I'm a high school guidance counselor and that just wouldn't be "professional" -- *sigh*).

Keep it up BFG! And see if you can get the lounge puppies who made Plantasia to come out with Plantasia II. It was a great game and a great seller! The blueprint for another go is right here with PvsZ!

Thanks,
Tere

[Post New]by CopperScale on Jun 24, 09 8:49 PM
I LOVE this game! Are there any others out there that are as entertaining, fun and feature filled? I have not seen anything this compelling to play come out in a long time. At least not in this venue.

There are so many modes of play and different approaches all combined into this game, it is amazing! The only other game I have bought in a while that I found such unexpected varieties of game play offered was the Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst. I usually hate hidden object games but that was a whole lot more than just hidden objects.

I hope the developers are working on others. I can't wait to see what this team comes up with next.

Brandyco
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Brandyco on Jun 25, 09 4:41 PM
Love this game but can't save game after level four. Everytime I shut down it puts me back at 4-1. Got past big boss but closed game and ergh back at 4-1. Anyone else having this problem?

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jun 25, 09 5:41 PM
I haven't had any problems saving, but some other fishies have had some. Supposedly PopCap has been working on a new release that fixes the problem, but I'm not sure when BFG will get it. There are some work-arounds posted but some of them involve killing your progress files and starting over.

[Post New]by flik9146 on Jun 25, 09 5:51 PM
I have played this game for hours on end and have collected tons of plants, but when I quit the game, it won"t save my progress and throws me all the way to the beginning. Does anyone know how I can save my progress???? Please!!!!!!!!!!!!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jun 25, 09 7:16 PM
The work-arounds for the progress not saving are given in this thread (read more than just the first post):
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/37396.page

Margali
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Margali on Jun 27, 09 3:38 PM
Don't forget, when you win the game, be sure to watch the dance video. It's hysterical and I bet you won't be able to get that song out of your head for DAYS.

That being said, I finished it ages ago and am still having a great time with the Zen garden survival modes.

Go to: