bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

Re:TGT : The Omega Stone-Riddle of the Sphinx II

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on May 26, 09 9:26 AM
Sablesshadow wrote: It's got the 360 degree thing going on; if you're not up to this, it can be dizzying.

Good news on this! Unlike some other games that use the 360 degree view, this game has the option to change the cursor to "Free" mode. This means that instead of your view changing every time you even twitch the mouse, it'll only move when you move your cursor to the edge of the screen. You can do this from the main menu.

Sadly, this doesn't solve the issue for those of us that have a hard time even handling panning around in this manner. I did find, however, that lowering the panning speed also helped to lower the queasy factor a little bit (you can also do this from the main menu).

I hope this helps!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on May 26, 09 10:24 AM
Thanks, govegril, for the info. Saves CS one call, at least. LOL

Also, thanks Celebes, I was getting sea-sick from the panning. Will make the changes on my menu screen.

Again, thanks to both of you.

plushmoon
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by plushmoon on May 26, 09 10:29 AM
Well, what can I say? I gave up on the first installment, as it was far too "maze-y" for my liking! I got the impresssion that the whole idea of that game was to wander about... FOREVER!!! !!! It made me mad, because I thought it could have been such a good game if it were not for sooooo muuuuuch finding your way around, backtracking etc.

Now for the second one. Egypt is one of the minor parts in it. I just finished it, but with the help of a walkthrough. Somewhat better than the first one. However, some parts of it (the garden maze at the manor, the Mayan part, the underwater locating of skulls and bells) were so incredibly annoying that I found myself with elevated blood pressure!!!

WHAT IS IT WITH THOSE MAZES???!!! Especially as the game is technically far from perfect and has you pixel hunting! Final verdict? COULD have been a good game, but it is simply tedious and highly annoying on the whole. The story is great, but the execution... When they can't provide really good, juicy and original puzzles, they create mazes... Shame...

[Post New]by dsblackman on May 27, 09 10:09 AM
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I downloaded it, but cannot get anywhere to start the game. What do I do to start it????????????????
Lost in the tomb.

[Post New]by BLN045 on May 27, 09 12:59 PM
I bought this game. Have installed it 3 times now and it still doesnt play. I got the walkthrough and it says to pick up things which i am not able to do. So i will deleat it again and just forget it.

KChlumsky
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by KChlumsky on May 27, 09 1:08 PM
I am stuck in thecaves - ( with the green skull (collected 7) Can't figure out the skull puzzle in one of the rooms or the altar. HELP

li45co
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by li45co on May 28, 09 5:53 AM
The Omega Stone took about 10mins to download & first bit takes you into an introduction of real actor an animation,Just started playing it,the intro was longer then my download,Think it will be bit like Rames having to work out were you are going in the game first off did not know where to go till I found a crawl hole next to the casket think this is a game for very Patience & logical thinking folk,

[Post New]by lissyj on May 28, 09 4:08 PM
Not only did I buy the Omega Stone, I bought the strategy guide also. It took several hours to download. The jerky and slightly out of focus constant movement is nauseating. I've been playing for an hour and only completed the first set of tasks. The opening soliliquy is nerve racking and totally boring, this is a game, not high drama. The game has made me feel like a frustrated moron. Can you tell I'm not enjoying myself? Save your money, kids. I was robbed!

[Post New]by disgustedplayer on May 28, 09 6:18 PM
i have tried the code a number of times, the snake head one, in the first pyramid to get the first stone at the top of the mini pyramid and it never works what is the answer help

lunahielo
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by lunahielo on May 29, 09 12:13 PM
I just deleted this game.. I got tired of trying to find out what to do.
So I lost $$.

I wish everyone else better success than I had.

Like others, I wish there was a way to try it out large file games....before buying.

[Post New]by twolittlehorses on May 29, 09 4:26 PM
The Omega Stone is a waste of money. I do not want to listen to a lecture. I want my money back.

[Post New]by Kaysok on May 29, 09 4:38 PM
I an downloading it for the thrid time, no installing just goes bacck to offering a download.

[Post New]by Kaysok on May 29, 09 4:41 PM
good tired of games with the same old puzzles and trying repetitions as a way to expand. I am looking forward to a good game that lasts forever instead of done in one day. I hape can get this one to work tonight cus will be up all night

[Post New]by Banshee353 on May 29, 09 5:40 PM
Well I went ahead and downloaded it-5 hours later it only took me an hour to get fed up and frustrated with it so much that I just want to delete it-even if it was paid for!!!
There does not seem to be ANYTHING easy to it, just FRUSTRATING!!!

MOMMY54
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by MOMMY54 on May 30, 09 7:28 PM
I am very frustrated with this game. I bought it and can not get it to even go to my "in progress" tab on my game manager. It will not download or install, and trying to contact anyone all I get is "check for answers" and it goes no farther. Does anyone out there have a guess on what is happening? I am about fed up with BFG and all the issues that seem to be happening lately. I am seriously thinking about finding somewhere else to buy my games.

c_tea
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by c_tea on May 31, 09 7:45 PM
Sablesshadow, Thanks for the welcome, i am still on the fence about the game. do me a favor, what does CRS and CS stand for? thanks for the newbie fyi.

c tea, welcome to the forums; I think I'm going to like this game, but I'll definitely need a really good walkthrough to get to the end, I'm sure. This might be the game that takes me "To Infinity and Beyond!" LOL

[Post New]by Connie142 on Jun 1, 09 12:56 PM
I hate this game. no clear direction to go to. I would not recommend this game to anyone....There does not seem to be ANYTHING easy to it, just FRUSTRATING!!!

[Post New]by lilprincessred13 on Jun 1, 09 1:15 PM
Gameboomers has a very good walk-through for those of you having trouble and don't want to buy the guide. Yes the guide is worth it, but if you don't have the extra check out the walk-through. Also keep a notebook handy so you can jot down codes and maze directions. this save the frustration and anger.

Welcome to all the new fishies

[Post New]by Connie142 on Jun 2, 09 11:58 AM
Thank you for the Info. lilprincessred13 I will give it a try....

[Post New]by Lilypily1 on Jun 2, 09 8:36 PM
I really didn't like this game a all. I am a big big big fan of the Large File Adventure games, but this was terrible. The dialouges were too long and sooo boring, the mazes were annoying and sickly. Normally I like challenging games but this one was just too specific that it became so unenjoyable I just wanted it to end. I ended up using hints to get through most of the game so I didn't have to keep going back and forth through the time consuming and boring mazes. ..and I normally leave getting hints (at uhs) as a last resort. One hint involved 53 steps!!!!??? Sorry Riddle of the Sphinx but this game sucked. Overall boring, annoying and too detailed with endless information which was not exciting. ..Plus the graphics were blurry which made it near impossible to read most of the letters so just gave up basically.

Go to: