Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Dimensions: Homecoming Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by magadill on Mar 21, 15 2:47 AM
Like Brendahopey its camper van trouble for me. I have done the rest of the HOP with no problem, but I now have to open the Briefcase by putting the number in, 173. I have tried it on the top row and on the bottom row dozens of times and it does not open. You cant put it on the middle row as those numbers are static.This means I cant get the chalk so cant move on.. I am using XP ( no rude remarks please, LOL ) O S and very very seldom get a problem with any of the games.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Dimensions: Homecoming Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by brendahopey_71 on Mar 23, 15 2:35 PM
Thank the Lord someone has my same issue! I cant figure out the keyhole, break the jar for the scissor screw, get the magnet to do anything! started game over and still am stuck in same place! Poor little racoon is still stuck in the pile of tires. Everything seems to hinge on HOP in the camper! Cant go forward with game and am totally disgusted! Sorry I bought it.

[Post New]by brendahopey_71 on Mar 23, 15 2:37 PM
Sorry, using windows 8.1.

cjones357
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by cjones357 on Mar 23, 15 7:14 PM
I'm having the same issue with the people on the chess board. they are in the right position but the ice bucket doesn't appear. Can't progress. I have had to come to the forums for 'tech' issues for at least the last 4 gsmes I have purchased. that never used to happen but now it is just plain common. I;ve had to delete a game I couldn't finish because it had a bug that could''t be fixed. WHY are you pushing out the same dark haunted house ghost and fire games that just don;t play correctly? I think you are looking for money and don't care about the quality of your products. You should be ashamed of yourselves. If you don't smarten up soon I'm going to find a new hobby. I'm using an iMac OS X Yosemite. Please help me. I've spent a lot of money wastefully on your games in recent months!

Edited on 03/24/2015 at 5:25:42 PM PST

ZekesPeach
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by ZekesPeach on Mar 25, 15 3:45 PM
laurelbc wrote:Operating system: PC Windows 7

I've gotten to the game room, but I received an error message outside the game when I placed the Rocky figure on the chessboard. I closed the error box and went back to the game. It looks as if Rocky was placed correctly, but nothing happens and I can't move forward in the game. The guide says ice was supposed to appear.

I quit and restarted the game, and when that didn't work, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Still nothing.

Anyone else run into this???

Same OS (Windows 7) for my PC laptop, same exact problem. Exited scene and tried again and was told to place the pieces on the chessboard (all were in correct spots already)...quit game and went back in...instead of it returning me to where I'd been, all I got was a black screen and a failure message. This game had odd glitches and problems with being able to interact with objects, but nothing I couldn't play through. This final failure is too much and I am deleting it. Not happy.

Edited on 03/25/2015 at 3:46:48 PM PST

[Post New]by hpydzrhr on Apr 4, 15 10:06 AM
I have seen all the issues with picking up the button in the dog kennel. It is also my issue. I DO NOT want to call for technical support. So I guess that I will uninstall the game and be done with it. There have be a series of games that had issues so I'll be rethinking whether I want to continue getting games here..

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Apr 18, 15 3:49 PM
Game starts up ok. When I click on play I get a black screen with the games cursor??

win 7 home premium

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 19, 15 10:04 AM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to pop in here and say that if you haven't already, please contact our Customer Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. This will help keep track of and report the issues that players are experiencing.

Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by TrudyTaylor1 on May 3, 15 11:17 AM

the antenna will not dislodge the flower tile. I have windows 8 operating system on my pc..

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on May 4, 15 7:24 PM
Welcome to the pond, TrudyTaylor1!

This may be an actual glitch that you can't get past, but I remember having trouble with the antenna, too. The first thing is to make certain you've extended it ALL the way. You have to click it two or three times before you can use it on the flower tile.

It's been a while, but I think it also had to do with where you are pointing the antenna. I kept trying to click the point of the antenna on the flower tile, but it was the middle or other end that finally did it. Try clicking every part of the antenna on the tile.

The tile on the store Dark Dimension homecoming

[Post New]by downyonderlane on May 25, 15 7:54 PM
The tile on the store awning on main street. I am putting the antennae it the right spot but the tile will not fall. \help!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on May 27, 15 7:16 PM
Did you click it several times to be sure it's extended all the way? I know I kept trying to get the tile and couldn't, then realized I could keep clicking the antenna and extend it more.

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Jun 3, 15 7:10 PM
bwty1963 wrote: I placed the all the figures but error but nothing happens and I can't move forward in the game. The guide says ice was supposed to appear.

I quit and restarted the game that didn't work Still nothing.

BFG ITS THE 4TH GAME THAT I CANT FINISH

GETTING ANOYING WHAT HAPPEN TO YOU????

1-MYSTERY TALES:THE TWILIGHT WORLD CE: PROBLEM
2-LIVING LEGENDS"WRATHE OF THE BEAST CE: PROBLEM
3- VAMPIRE LEGENDS:THE UNTOLD STORY CE: PROBLEM
4-Dark Dimensions: Homecoming CE ROBLEM

THAT A LOT OF MONEY$$$$$$$$$$$ FOR WHAT??

FIX THEM PLEASE FAST

bwty1963, first off, although I can see that this post is a bit dated, I still want to welcome you to the pond!

I've been a BFG member since 2007 and there has been only once that I could not finish a game because of a glitch or game error of some kind.

If you are having all these problems with your games, I would encourage you to put less energy into screaming in the forums and more into discovering why my computer is not properly running these games in question.

I've said this before, but whenever people have a problem with completing their games or completing a task in a game they are far too quick to yell "GLITCH." In actuality, percentage-wise there are few true glitches in games.

Sure, some glitches are legit and the developer has to come up with a solution. However, when people are having trouble completing tasks or games, the true problem is almost always one of two issues, or perhaps both. They are:

1. User mistakes
2. Computer issues

Please know that I'm not at all fussing at you. I've been in your shoes (and probably will be there again) and know how frustrating it can be when everything doesn't go smoothly in a game. I am simply trying to encourage you to focus your energy where you can get the results you want.

I hope this helps and I'd like to say again, bwty1963, Welcome To The Pond!

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Jun 3, 15 7:22 PM
doorgirl wrote:Like TrixxieT and Laurelbc and posumhut, no action possible after placing figures correctly on chessboard. They also can't be moved. Appears to be hotspot mapping issue.

MacOS X 10.10.2 on late 2015 MacBook Pro retina 13"

Also coding wrong to mask menubar at top. The mask is there and the window appears with bar below it shoving the bottom of image off the screen.

Workaround is to go into options every time game opened. Unclick Full Window and reclick Full Window. That invokes what's supposed to be there according to chosen options.

Have been redownloading and playing MadHead games from one and two years ago and they all work without issues. So what is coded there is not coded here.

doorgirl, may I thank you for your contribution to this thread. I came here to see if anyone else was having a problem with the white menu bar remaining at the top of the game, making itself annoying to be in my game and also pushing all of the items at the bottom right off the page.

Not only did you come here to mention the problem, but you so kindly offered a work-around. I hope your solution works for me!

Again, thank you for assisting me with the issue I'm having.

Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Dimensions: Homecoming Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by 6200 on Jun 15, 15 10:25 AM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you're using.

Jujube2010
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Jujube2010 on Aug 2, 15 9:53 AM
Hello Everyone -

I have found a mistype in the GUIDE for this game.....not sure if anyone else found it or if this is the right place to post but here goes

On Page 38/58 of the guide titled Rear Grounds. The game in the floor is listed as having the following solution: U-T-R-T-U-T-R-Sx3-U

This is 100% BACKWARDS - if you switch all the letters to their opposite you get the right answer - which is.....

R-S-U-S-R-S-U-Tx3-R

Go to: