Why Is It.......?

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

Re:Why Is It.......?

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Feb 28, 15 1:37 PM
OIC..........nonono........not RE-moved, just moved.........I have a bad right arm and cant extend it and I am sure that is most of my problem, but that can just under the wish list arrow is too close for comfort.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 28, 15 1:52 PM
sbaker2318 wrote:OIC..........nonono........not RE-moved, just moved.........I have a bad right arm and cant extend it and I am sure that is most of my problem, but that can just under the wish list arrow is too close for comfort.

You can click anywhere on the card to turn it (except, obviously, on the garbage can).

If you're using a mouse, you might want to consider replacing it with a track ball. I have one, and it fits the curve of my hand. The curser is controlled with my thumb.

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Feb 28, 15 2:25 PM
......this is my embarrassed face........I didn't know you could click anywhere to turn the wish list..........I was trying for the arrow (and missing)......read your comment and had to go check it out. Sure 'nuf........you are right!!

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on Feb 28, 15 4:17 PM
I LOVE the new Social Page... especially when you need to change your wish list. Everything is sooo bigger and easier to read! Plus... less scrolling... Great work DEVS! The only problem I had at first... Finding that darn Map! Wound up feeding my pets about 5 times before I finally just sat back and really looked. LOL. Now... making the rounds for Pet Food.... Taught me to take anything for grant. And the new scenes and graphic are just beautiful. Thanks DEVS for a job well done!

Apollo / Shadow in the castle

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Feb 28, 15 5:52 PM
I just love the ease of how we can now change our wish list. Just type in one relevant word and there it is, no more scrolling, miss clicking and starting over only to click the wrong item and start the long scroll again.
Also enjoy the new gifting page, just have to remember not to collect the cards till I have noted who I am gifting.
I have also a pet instead of hitting the map, but only once, and we will never now wake a sleeping pet using up precious diamonds.
We also will never miss out who is gifting us because we collected all the gifts at once.
It is still there but we no longer have to see our deleted list, out of sight out of mind. Unless of course we miss click one of our good friends, it is easy enough to find them on the delete list.
This update may be small in game content, but is huge for us,It entails quite a few of the little changes players have been asking for and the Developers have come through wonderfully.
Now before anyone says but, but, but, you have to remember every new major change has always come with a few glitches. In fact most of us long time players have come to expect them. We just let the Developers know what is not working and they will usually fix them within the next couple bug fixes. In meantime we continue to Enjoy our Journey through the Castle and it's environs glitches and all.
As always Happy Gaming to All.

vicki0516
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by vicki0516 on Feb 28, 15 7:03 PM
I am not here to complain, I like these games and they are free so it is even better. What I need to know is can someone tell me IF I do want to purchase gems is there anyway of doing it with to cards instead of one. I have a bunch of giftcards that have small amounts on them and I need 2 to complete a transaction and would like to know is it possible? I am just going to lose these small amounts so I would like to use them for something fun. Thank you in advance for any help someone can give me
Take Care and God Bless
Vicki
vick0516

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Feb 28, 15 7:22 PM
Vicki
I think it's unlikely you can use multiple cards for one purchase, since it's all automated. It would try posting the full amount to the first card and would be rejected since it's not enough. Sounds like you'll need to find something else fun to spend on (not too hard for me to do!).

Bethany68
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by Bethany68 on Feb 28, 15 10:36 PM
Fishpole wrote:Remember.....This game is being offered for FREE!........If you choose to spend a lot of money on it because you don't have the patience or time to play it through...then that's on you.

When this game was first released, it was set up so that player almost had to spend money to progress. There was no making rounds of HOS after HOS cause you couldn't afford to open them up unless you spent real cash on crystals and/or coins.
After all, they do want to make some money from it and that's understandable.
But that's when the "complaining/criticism started and people were getting frustrated.

So we were basically forced to spend money if we wanted to make any progress or become completely bored with the game the way it was.
The game is now much more enjoyable because the playing field is more even than it was.

I stopped playing this game for quite awhile because of this and started back up when the Christmas version came out which got me hooked.

And bottom line.........no game is really free.
We all pay a membership.

~ Bethany ~

Fishpole
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Fishpole on Feb 28, 15 11:41 PM
Sorry Bethany68......but I'm going to have to take exception to your post.

To begin with.....You don't have to be a Game Club Member in order to play this game. It IS offered for FREE!

I have been playing this game since it was first released....and I don't remember feeling any pressure to purchase coins or gems in order to progress in the game. In fact somehow I made it to the 'Bow Figurine' days and through them without purchasing any.

It was only after the Level 18 Lock-out that I came to appreciate all that goes into a game of this magnitude.....and since then have made it a practice to purchase a 'small' diamond pack with each 'new' update just to show my appreciation for the Development Team.

After all.....'They' have to eat too!

My comment was directed more to those who say that they have to....like they are being 'forced' to spend money to progress.....when really ALL you have to do is put in the time.

Some players seem to forget that this is a HO GAME.......and 'Repetition' is the name of it! And yes.....it IS going to get boring...... !
The trick is to find a way to mix things up or else just leave it alone for a bit.

I'm glad to see that you're enjoying the game again.....and wish you continued....
Happy Gaming

PS.....Edited to Add......I am SO happy to see all the 'positive' comments that this post has brought out......Thank you Everyone!

Edited on 02/28/2015 at 11:45:35 PM PST

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 1, 15 8:00 AM
I agree with you TeeCee. If I remember way back then!, the costs were considerably less on the first 20 levels or so. You had fewer HOS to get coins from, but the crafting and cost to open areas were correspondingly lower. I did purchase some diamonds but never relied on them to make progress, only as a bonus if I wanted to finish something before bed or gift something I couldn't get. I think I never felt any real pressure to buy because I was still able to play HOS to collect resources. It isn't like some games where you are limited by time or resource constraints so you can't actually play the game at all without waiting for more energy or paying to open areas early. At least this game you can play, you just can't make progress on quests until you've earned what you need from the HOS. That's OK with me, I'm starting to realize I don't have to do the quests as soon as I have everything available!

KYLEE219
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by KYLEE219 on Mar 1, 15 2:32 PM
I love the new friends update, to me it's a lot easier!!

Bethany68
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by Bethany68 on Mar 1, 15 4:48 PM
You have to remember......the game is different for everyone.

There are parts of the game that I have sailed through while friends of mine have had difficulty progressing in.
Some people get tons of certain items while for others it's like pulling teeth just to get a couple.

Take the Immortal Treasure for an example.
I know that this is a rather elusive item in most people's games.
But in mine, it's been almost absent.
I have well over 100 and something of the items you get along with the IT.
But I usually have about 5 to zero of the IT at any given time.
And they are one of the most used items and go with some of the most requested quests.
So while others might be able to just get by with the amount of IT they have in their inventory, I had to rely on friends.....which doesn't happen much......or give in and buy crystals to purchase the IT to progress.
Sure I didn't have to do it.
But I was far enough along in the game and already had invested so much of my time, that I didn't want to just give up.

And I don't always have to make progress in the game.....but I want to make some sometimes. Otherwise what would be the point.
But I play very casually and slowly, building up coins and inventory.
So your preaching to the choir about having repetition in the game.
I have over 700,000 coins and several hundred crystals due to patience and repetition.
And I only just hit level 36 and have been playing from the beginning except for that break before Christmas.

And thank you for the heads up about nonmembers being able to download and play this game without a membership.
I did not know that.
Makes me rethink my membership.

~ Bethany ~

Edited on 03/01/2015 at 4:53:32 PM PST

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 1, 15 7:49 PM
Bethany,
The benefits to membership for this game are pretty much just the 30% discount on in-game purchases. Otherwise, there's nothing. I've not been a member for several years and have played this game from almost the beginning without issues. So, it just depends on what else you may get out of your membership.

Bethany68
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by Bethany68 on Mar 2, 15 6:45 PM
rosiebvt wrote:Bethany,
The benefits to membership for this game are pretty much just the 30% discount on in-game purchases. Otherwise, there's nothing. I've not been a member for several years and have played this game from almost the beginning without issues. So, it just depends on what else you may get out of your membership.

Thanks Rosie!

Go to: