Time Freeze - New Offer

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

Re:Time Freeze - New Offer

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Jun 27, 15 11:08 PM
Thanks Sherlock...Now I am scared....I hated this one first time around, but I thought it was just me. I barely made it out alive last time. I just assumed I was slow, or all my coffee "elimination" breaks I am set up to do the offer, but now I am not sure I want to put myself through the torture again, esp after reading Star's post. Oh, such a dilemma....

Glutton that I am, I probably will. Plus I need more practice doing the offer rooms. They are my comp nemesis as I am unfamiliar and tend to use a time stopper in offer rooms, just randomly clicking all willy nilly....Such dilemmas...

Great tip/reminder Lily about using a gold and xp talisman in offer rooms as they are higher reward levels!

deadme
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by deadme on Jun 27, 15 11:25 PM
Hi Fishes

Yikes that played a lot different for me this time around and didn't enjoy the room at all . Item drop was 5-6 with every item and used lots of cards to get through it. Played just 1 ghost and chased the rest away. Took 3 hours....

Good Luck Everyone.

Lilybells
Clownfish
Clownfish
530 Posts

[Post New]by Lilybells on Jun 27, 15 11:56 PM
Ladies,
I would do Cinema in Paris Grand Master/Limo/Ballroom/..a few others, but never this room... I'm all set with this ..checking my notes for the chest, as I write them down & Bookmark them.. aye will take the chest.it's ok..we don't need them; at our level..not to sound like a snob but really.. ok ..Blue Cheese is good..I'm doing 2 in one right now..Lynda is taking all of my time and Kat is taking advantage of me..bioch
It's a good VOM Chest I guess....Oh by the way I have been putting off on of those Valley Conundrums..whose in? I just need to start then I buy the what I can: I don't like to burden my friends.

Edited on 06/28/2015 at 12:02:28 AM PST

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Jun 28, 15 12:47 AM
Lily, I am in, just let me know if you go to the Valley so I can refresh to help....I have gobs of food!

Maybe since I had such a horrible experience first time, I will do great this time Ever the optimist....Not running my expedition for another day or two...Plenty of time.

aventeux
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by aventeux on Jun 28, 15 1:42 PM
I really enjoyed playing this room. The room is open for 3 hours and 50 minutes.

I finished assembling the 'Clocksmith's Kit' and the 'Important Trivia' (2nd & 3rd artifacts) after playing for 2 hours in only the required modes. I was still missing 2 pieces of the 'Time Remnants' (4th artifact) at that point and needed to play an additional 45 minutes (20 searches) to get those.

I used a Nautilus Pallium, a few bells and no talisman increasing the odds of getting an object.

Bellows Manor and Times of Knights:
- 3 items require a specific mode
- on average 2.2 searches per object

Creature at neighbours' places:
I needed to help 43 'Time Lords' to get the 5 pieces of the 'Precise Watches' (5th artifact).

Expedition room 'Clock Tower':
- 4 quests to chase away a specific ghost
- 6 items require a specific mode
- some items dropped only after 5-6 searches (2nd & 3rd artifact)
- on average 2.9 searches per item (calculated on the 2nd & 3rd artifact only)
- searched the room a total of 55 times to get all the pieces for the 'Time Remnants' (4th artifact)

hornhunter
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by hornhunter on Jun 28, 15 3:43 PM
Great info aventeux!

I will add the resources I used.

Gold tarot cards-162 - could never summon the right ghost at the right time.
Silver tarot cards-81 - I got lucky and had a good drop rate compared to others.
Objects to chase various ghosts-4
Played through ghosts-3
Energy soda-10
Energy jam-10
Also leveled up once (for more energy)

I thought the room was alright, once I got an idea of where things were hidden. Only had an hour and 10 minutes left when I got all the pieces for the stuff to assemble.

Thank you to my fabulous neighbors who gifted me charges and helped feed my dragon! Happy to report I didn't have to use any creature summoning scrolls

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Jun 28, 15 5:07 PM
I finally finished this quest in 1-1/2 hrs for the last 3 items. Thanks to my wonderful supportive neighbors who allowed me to feed the dragon and go back in for a 3rd time.

I don't ever want to ever buy into a quest 3 times to finish. It actually took me 1-1/2 hrs to get the last 3 items.

Some players have said they don't use a finding object with a quest because the drop rate is better. I never found that to be so true as it was with this particular quest. I ran out of all the talismans, including all the help I received from my generous neighbors. So after that poor showing I didn't want to keep buying the 20% one because it was obviously not working and it is good for 1-1/2hrs! That's when I got the last 3 items, when I had no "finding" talisman. I started the quest having every charger, and all of the items except the ones you needed to play in order to get. So what was that? 2 artifacts?

I don't have a comment for the first time out, so for me that tells me, nothing extraordinary occurred. So in my opinion the quest becomes stingy after the first go round. Which is just like BFG and the "developers" of this game.

One more note to add: I finished UFO and took the chest yesterday There was nothing more I needed, no reason to keep it "open". After I did, the drop rate on quest and valley food was miniscule. I cant believe the UFO crash site drove the drops this week as opposed to the Time Freeze.

aventeux, I wanted to let you know I look forward to your tracking. Good info, even if its after the fact, its helpful to see if I'm worse off or better off than and maybe the reason why. Very helpful in determining what decisions to make when playing.

deadme
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by deadme on Sep 1, 15 1:18 AM
Hi Fishes

Recycled offer.

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Sep 1, 15 4:29 AM
Good grief, this one again. UGH

mommerj
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by mommerj on Sep 1, 15 6:04 AM
This one again so soon? Good luck everyone!

Lilybells
Clownfish
Clownfish
530 Posts

[Post New]by Lilybells on Sep 1, 15 10:40 AM
clm5457 wrote:Good grief, this one again. UGH

ditto..lol
I'm gonna skip it this time, twice was enough for me.

PolarFox
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by PolarFox on Sep 3, 15 8:53 AM
What a nasty expedition!!! I went thru so many artifacts to keep me afloat ended up spending a lot of crystals so I wouldn't have to have a second expedition. Drop rate is brutal!!!! Won't ever do this one again. Time Freeze is permanently frozen in my books. (Nautilus Pallium, Wish Master, White Noise, Denial of Gravity, Neural Foil, Optical Reflector, etc. all gone to waste on this one).

msmithnc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
439 Posts

[Post New]by msmithnc on Sep 4, 15 2:54 PM
This is the second time this offer has come around since I've been playing (making me wonder why some of the offers y'all talk about that you like haven't been seen by me yet) and I didn't finish it the first time. I got to the room this time and played for four hours and still had two items left to drop (or so I thought). I already had the items for the last two artifacts from the last go-round; imagine my dismay when I found out that I have to collect at least some of them all over again! So in other words, instead of needing two more items to drop - and this offer is EXTREMELY stingy - I need seven (am I correct that I have already collected all the items for the last relic by helping the Time Lord at my neighbors?). By the time I have time to run another expedition and explore there will only be two days left to complete and I don't think I will waste resources on trying to finish because it seems it may be impossible. I wonder why some offers are so stingy about dropping items and others not so bad?

Edited on 09/04/2015 at 3:07:36 PM PST

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Sep 5, 15 3:22 PM
Like everyone else I also agree with the stinginess of this offer. It gets easier with every play. Items dropped after 3rd try always or dropped right away this go 'round.

So try it this time especially if you've played all of the other times. Somehow, and I don't know why but each "brutal quest" gets easiest on third time. I've recently noticed this on all previously hard to find, 'cheap drops' quests.

Good Luck all and please let us know if anyone else thinks this could be a "pattern" Thanks!

thurber
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
482 Posts

[Post New]by thurber on Sep 5, 15 6:16 PM
I still found the drop rate to be pretty stingy.

I think I might enjoy this room if it were not timed. For some reason, my old eyes go bonkers after an hour searching this room. After two hours, I can't find anything. It's a pretty room. Maybe all the brightness and swirls get to my poor peepers.

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Sep 5, 15 8:34 PM
Thurber, I too would enjoy this room had it not been timed. Or a more favorable drop rate at least.

But, don't despair or feel alone. This was my third time around, glutton for punishment I am, and the drop rate was still abysmal, even at master level. It's not your peepers, rest assured!

deadme
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by deadme on Dec 15, 15 1:22 AM
Hi Fishes

Time lord is back. At least we're getting exp and gold when visiting this time.

Don't use any talismans or pet dragons to find items as it makes the drop rate higher on this offer in the offer room.

Good Luck Everyone

broccoflower
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by broccoflower on Dec 19, 15 11:57 AM
I guess everyone's experience is different. In my case, I didn't use any talismans, but did go through a boatload of tarra cards and still taking 4 or 5 times to play in a particular mode to get the required item. I finished with barely 15 minutes left to go. Thankfully, I'd already collected plenty of parts for the Time Remnants and Precise Watches, so those were quick to assemble.

Not a bad room per se, I liked the image and nothing too difficult to find (unless you don't like shadow/outlined images; there are quite a few of those!). However, I doubt I'll play this offer again .. this was my second time anyway, and already had the trophy.

[Post New]by Trucker1979 on Jun 7, 16 12:53 AM
The Clock is Broken AGAIN, Help the Time Lord fix the Clock in Time.

sir_vival
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by sir_vival on Jun 7, 16 1:03 AM
Use your Browser
Search for Wiki main page:
Rooms of Memory, Time Freeze
Search for Wiki expedition page:
Rooms of Memory, The Clock Tower

Happy gaming