Re:Welcome to AGON - The London Scene forum

[Post New]by aussie_girl07 on Jun 19, 09 6:09 AM
What might be a great game is a rip off and a waste of money only getting the Lomdon scene. Most times buying the game gives you the whole game. This one little bit was a waste.

[Post New]by veronicaglo on Jun 22, 09 5:37 PM
I was very disappointed in this game. It took me about one hour to play through. Unfortunately I have already paid for it because there is no info in the game description to let a person know the game is so short. I purchased another large file game a month ago and have not been able to play it at all because after downloading the game crashes. That was Diamon Jones. I asked BFG to replace it but one of the techs I was dealing with wanted to know the exact error message I was getting and I had already installed and uninstalled it twice. Wasn't going to reinstall a third time just to get some x's and o's for a tech. BFG I'm really starting to get annoyed. First Diamon Jones then Aveyond 3 and now this AGON - The London Scene. I should have played Youda Legend. Might have taken me more than an hour to play through that one.

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on Jun 28, 09 2:26 PM
exact wrote:I went to gamespot to a walkthrough and couldn't find it. Where is it? I will definitely need it for this game. Thanks to any one who can help me find the walk through

The walkthrough is at Gameboomers.

[Post New]by bigdan on Jun 29, 09 12:32 PM
[u]I'm stuck at the map also, alfter reading your comments I will try by holding the mouse. Thx

Jammie37
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Jammie37 on Jun 29, 09 10:28 PM
This game was a ripoff! It was just a partial game of the first installment. It should have had three episodes of the first installment. There are supposed to eventually be a total of 14 episodes - several with each game. It just leaves you hanging without even a logical stopping point. I usually like all the games I've gotten, but this was short and senseless. (A similar game, Echo, was great!) AGON has good graphics and is easy to get around once you figure out how to move by clicking and holding the left mouse button. At least give us the option to get the next two episodes which are part of the first installment and are already out - because they are in the "gameboomers" walkthrough. No thanks, I thought better of you guys.

[Post New]by ponitayl on Jun 30, 09 4:41 PM
I cannot believe that BigFish is willing to use our credits or take money for what is apparantly a VERY SHORT trial game, whether it's a part of a series or not. I, personally am sorely dissapointed in the lack of information of just how short this "PAID" game download is. I look forward to my monthly credit and try to use it to optimize my puzzle-game experience, evidently, for the 1st time, I was mislead thinking I would have a game to enjoy for longer than an hour!

DON'T BUY THIS VERSION!

Izzafysh wrote:I agree.

I liked the game, as it was much more straight forward in comparison to others.

However, my biggest complaint is the "to be continued" part.
I don't see how 6.99 is a justifiable price, when compared to other large file/adventure games which offer much more play time.

I just don't see why this game really was offered, if it is so short. All you really need to experience the game, is to do the trial version.

After doing some searching.
There are a total of four episodes available. Three were released in a bundle together, the fourth by itself. I would think the first three would be available here perhaps somehow in the same fashion?

[Post New]by talonso on Jul 1, 09 5:33 AM
This is the worst value for money game I have ever played. And I love large file adventure games, big fan of them. I think BFG have tricked us with this one. I did not realise that the game ended in London. Very short game. Hoping not to have to purchase the continuation of this game. Would like an explanation from BFG on this one.

ruth0019
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by ruth0019 on Jul 20, 09 1:57 PM
baker3334 wrote:I downloaded the free 1 hour version and all I get is a map on the wall. What do I do with it and where do I go from there?

[Post New]by tupence4u on Jul 28, 09 7:48 AM
First I ran the download and finished within the hour. Then I thought right now I will buy the game from Bigfish, was I disappointed when I found that the download WAS the game. You had to buy at least three more episodes to complete the game. I complained to Bigfish and they did recompense me. The crunch of the story is that I bought the complete game from a internet site for £4.99p on disc NEW.

Edited on 07/28/2009 at 7:51:17 AM PST

[Post New]by Vorfrue on Sep 7, 09 4:40 AM
I feel cheated. I pay for a Large File Game and get a 12. part of one!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by pattycav on Sep 12, 09 7:56 PM
It took me less than an hour to finish this game. It was a waste of money! I'm very disappointed!!

[Post New]by sparkynugget84 on Sep 22, 09 12:35 AM
Completely disappointed in this game. I will be sure to check the forums first before purchasing another game. Had I known I had nearly completed the game by the end of the trial, I wouldn't have bought it.

Where is the rest of it? If it only takes an hour or so to beat it, why is it considered a large file?

Edit* Kudos to the people at BFG, after listening to my complaint, I was offered a replacement coupon, and had a nice conversation with a friendly person as well.

Edited on 09/22/2009 at 11:16:09 AM PST

[Post New]by Lindae on Dec 21, 09 11:22 AM
certainly won't buy this game, all I could do was go up and down the stairs and I hate those spinning type controls, which you actually have no control over !! haha
Glad I just tried the trial, don't like it!!

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on May 28, 10 3:38 PM
The following comments are based soley on the demo:

Loved the 360 scenes and the way the character moves about (once I'd figured out how to make him move, that is) It's a lot like Syberiaand Zork Nemesis in that respect and I loved those games. There's a level of reality that you just don't get in any other style of game. Unfortunately, I got stuck and couldn't figure out what to do. All of the doors were locked and the character refused to talk to the guard. Looks like this is one that won't be making its way into my cart after all.

[Post New]by kazkitty on Jun 22, 10 8:04 AM
You have to look around and search the desk, read letter and paper then go down stairs to speak to guard. you must listen to conversations though it is ok when u get into it. however i am stuck on decoding the ruins???

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Jun 22, 10 1:21 PM
kazkitty wrote:... however i am stuck on decoding the ruins???

Did you find the book on the shelf? Classes Linguarum (third shelf from the top on the right).
The runes were written in an ancient style of writing in which, rather than going from left to right or right to left, the lines are written in alternating directions.
Hope this helps

[Post New]by sheltie127new on Jan 13, 11 10:53 PM
baker3334 wrote:I downloaded the free 1 hour version and all I get is a map on the wall. What do I do with it and where do I go from there?

I'm glad I'm not the only 1 that experienced this. I spent 30 min of the 1hr trial trying to get something to happen. There wasn't even a help option. Oh, I take it back there was a page that describes what the diff cursor shapes mean. OF course the only shape I ever saw was a magnifying glass.. I'd love to hear even a description of what happens during gameplay.

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Jan 14, 11 4:07 AM
sheltie127new, this is a traditional adventure game, this type of games usually don't have help options. One of their main challenge is to figure out what you have to do.
The controls are described in the Files (F) menu.
You seem to be in a close-up in front of the map. To move out please go to the bottom of the screen until it becomes a down arrow and then click. Then you have to turn around and look at the desk (from the position you were your were at the start). To turn, please press the left mouse button and move the sreen in any direction you want. Make sure to turn slowly.

sdjo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by sdjo on Mar 24, 11 1:31 PM
Wow! This very detailed map does nothing. Won't buy it...the demo is not user-friendly.

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Mar 24, 11 2:34 PM
sdjo wrote:Wow! This very detailed map does nothing. .

Does nothing at the beginning. But read the post just above.

Go to: