Re:WPE - Mystic Diary: Lost Brother

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Jun 13, 09 12:14 PM
Sometimes graphics can be pixelly (is that a word?) until you change your screen resolution in the Control Panel window. You might want to try that - go to the left on the resolution bar for fewer pixels...HTH!

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Jun 13, 09 12:18 PM
I liked it but found it really easy.

I was on Page 19 of the book when my demo quit. I think that's quite far in the game.

Anyway, I'm looking for more of a challenge right now. Something to work my mushy brain these days.

Still, a nice game and one I enjoyed playing.

lilorange
Flounder
Flounder
2,206 Posts

[Post New]by lilorange on Jun 13, 09 12:27 PM
Yep, I had the same problem. Instead of going back into inventory when used in the wrong area, the bucket just disappeared and never came back. I ended up going back and starting over, this time extinguishing before using the bucket to cool the key and it worked. Maybe just a glitch on this screen.

Anyway, I do like the game!

MissJack08 wrote:Need help! I tried to put out the balloon with the bucket of water, used the extinguisher and now my bucket is gone so I can't cool the key!
Any suggestions?????

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Jun 13, 09 12:32 PM
I have been waiting for a nice HOG to come out. I like it and will purchase it. Thank you BFG

[Post New]by rusty2522 on Jun 13, 09 12:36 PM
Everything looks great except I can't even enter my name to get started. Seems I have no control over this game. Never have had any problems with Big Fish before, any suggestions???

HELP !!!

[Post New]by easterbabe on Jun 13, 09 12:44 PM
Hi,
I am having a problem with the items to find I don't have a list to find the items, is there something wrong with the software that I downloaded.

petal62
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by petal62 on Jun 13, 09 1:20 PM
i played the demo and bought it right away very good game really enjoyed it would say this game is wellworth it well done bf enjoy

Edited on 06/13/2009 at 1:22:59 PM PST

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

[Post New]by HighlandMax on Jun 13, 09 1:56 PM
Easterbabe........there are some items to find that will not be in a list. You just have to move the cursor all around the screen till it turns into a magnify glass and click. If you notice, there are also twinkling lights.....just one....to tell you where an item is. Be sure to read the captions at the top of your screen too.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jun 13, 09 2:01 PM
MissJack08 wrote:Need help! I tried to put out the balloon with the bucket of water, used the extinguisher and now my bucket is gone so I can't cool the key!
Any suggestions?????

Choose Menu, and there is an option "retry level" - It won't be hard for you, isn't it?

GreyMyst
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by GreyMyst on Jun 13, 09 2:03 PM
Love this game, I tried it out on the demo and I bought it today and it took me 2hrs and 47 mins to complete it,,shame, bit quick for me, but a VERY GOOD puzzle game and I love these..I recommend this to anyone who loves hidden object and the music I did find a bit boring after awhile and I listened to my hubby playing his "Gears of War 2" online on the Xbox360..as you gather, gamer family here !!!! Enjoy..

SKYEBLUETOO
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

Problem finding shovel handle

[Post New]by SKYEBLUETOO on Jun 13, 09 2:04 PM
Hi Everyone,

So glad to have a new **** game too !!

Can anyone help me with finding the other end of the shovel. I clicked all over the place (and, luckily, there are no penalties for doing so) and simply can't find or see it. If I hit "hint" it just shows me the chained and locked cave front.

A hint please. Thanks - enjoy yourselves

barbM
Marlin
Marlin
9,026 Posts

[Post New]by barbM on Jun 13, 09 2:06 PM
Bought this game and so far I've figured everything out, but is there a walkthrough in case??

pnk96722
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by pnk96722 on Jun 13, 09 2:25 PM
govegril wrote:I agree with everyone above. This game is pretty good. I played the hour and time was up before I knew it. The puzzles so far have been easy but they do seem to be getting a bit more difficult as you go along. I did skip the sequence sound puzzle as I just could not be bothered with it - but it is good you can skip puzzles you dislike

I thnk the finding the magic areas at the end of scenes a bit pointless but it is not a major thing.

I will buy this game

Edit: to add to Poodles comment about the picky cursor- yes I had a problem in first scene- I clicked on the pen about 12 times - at least no penalty for doing so- just a bit of frustration.

Wakame
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

Problem finding shovel handle

[Post New]by Wakame on Jun 13, 09 2:30 PM
SKYEBLUETOO wrote:
Can anyone help me with finding the other end of the shovel. I clicked all over the place (and, luckily, there are no penalties for doing so) and simply can't find or see it. If I hit "hint" it just shows me the chained and locked cave front.
A hint please. Thanks - enjoy yourselves

The handle is just on top of the chained and locked cave door to the left (?) side.
If I remember correctly!?

pnk96722
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by pnk96722 on Jun 13, 09 2:33 PM
Same problem with the pen. Had to use a Hint to get it. I'm a little further along now, on the beach and trying to get that dog gone box open to get the last item! It has to be in the box cause every time I try a Hint for it, that's where it indicates the item is.

Does this mean I need to find a key to open it? I click on the key in the scene but it does nothing. Any ideas?

[Post New]by georgiapeach on Jun 13, 09 3:09 PM
I'm having a problem in the hospital room can't find out how to pick up the spilled liquid HELP

queets
Manatee
Manatee
3,701 Posts

[Post New]by queets on Jun 13, 09 3:11 PM
This game looks really good i had the same problem with the pen but I thought it was just me not the game this is a definite one for the buy list.

sam1950
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,486 Posts

[Post New]by sam1950 on Jun 13, 09 3:33 PM
in the hospital room use the yellow sponge on the liquid

[Post New]by Karrotz on Jun 13, 09 3:44 PM
Having a major problem with the game. I get to the last part of the first scene - I have made the key, solved the game in the safe and find all the objects listed when I get the message:

"access violation at address 004B48E9 in module Mystic Diary: Lost Brother.exe. Read of address 67172A94."

Then I get the black screen and the game sits. I have had this happen five or six times now at the same spot. I've tried reloading. Any suggestions? I'd really love to play, but won't buy it if I can't even test it out on the trial.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jun 13, 09 4:03 PM
Hi Everyone

Just an FYI for those that need help with the game. We have a complete walkthrough for Mystic Diaries on the BFG Blog.

You can copy and paste the link below to access the walkthrough...

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/mystic-diary-lost-brother-walkthrough

Good Luck!
Margie B

Go to: