WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: The Final Suspect Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by WilJul on Jun 16, 15 12:47 PM
Playing on a MAC 10.8.5. I also experienced the inventory freezing after grabbing the keys from the plastic bag. I will alert tech support to this issue also. I haven't tried to access the inventory again after quitting the game, I'm hoping I will be able to continue with game play.

ETA: I was able to play the game with occasional freezing, but as others have mentioned, exiting to the menu screen then going back in resets it.

Edited on 06/23/2015 at 4:50:09 PM PST

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: The Final Suspect Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by didersham on Jun 18, 15 9:53 AM
Why won't they fix the problem with the sparkles showing up when you get to the apartment and after?

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Jun 26, 15 6:22 PM
biscuitsmama wrote:
9otters wrote:Windows Home Premium 64 bit

In the scene immediately after the demo ends, we go through a plastic bag of Howard's belongings. We receive the keys to Harold's apartment. They go to inventory and the inventory immediately becomes unresponsive...each time I must leave the game, go to the main menu and then select play and then continue. Once I am back in the game it will work. NOT GOOD.

Is there no quality control left at BFG. I have had an issue with almost every game in recent months...I am tired of having to post in the forum and then contact tech support. I then receive some lame answer that has nothing to do with my technical issue and a free coupon. Although getting a free coupon is nice, I would prefer that the games work properly right from the time they are released so that I don't have to jump through hoops and then hope that (if I am lucky) an update to the game that I want to play might be released in the future. So annoying.

This is an Elephant Games game, not a BFG game, so the quality control is with Elephant Games.

Also, I can understand why you are "tired of having to post in the forum and then contact tech support," but there is no reason you have to post issues in the forum. If you are having a problem, simply submit it to BFG. Since you clearly have been here (at BFG) a while, you know by now that the forum is not a place you go to receive answers to your issues.

I have had only very few times since joining BFG in 2007 where I required assistance that resulted in a coupon, but still, I agree with you completely about preferring to get a properly working game instead of a coupon. You are so right about that!

Finally, if you have had an issue with almost every game in recent months, then it would seem logical that the problem is more likely with your computer. Perhaps you might have it checked out and see if you can have better results.

Best wishes out in the pond, fellow fishie biscuitsmama!

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Jun 26, 15 6:43 PM
ferlachchristl wrote:Hi,
I also had the problems with the inventory - it was sometimes stuck - going to the main menu and going back to the game solved this problem - but this isn´t ok. The same with the sparkles - I chose NO sparkles in the custom mode - but they appeared after some time. Going back to the custom mode and confirming again solved this problem too - but just for a few scenes. Then the sparkles appeared again...!!!
But the most interesting question is - what is the reward for the secret room. As I read the posts - there are some fishies who would like to know...
PLEASE contact Elefant Games for answers - it´s not our turn to do this. We all would like to know about this reward - as we purchased the CE we have the right to get all the extras including promised rewards (whatever they are - we don´t know...)

I'm not sure who the "all" is in the "We would all like to know...," (bold is mine), but if you are unsure of the reason for a task or a feature in a game, contacting the developer will actually give you a good chance for an answer to questions like these. Some developers are better than others about responding to people who have purchased their games.

The moderators of this board do not contact developers.

Best wishes in your games here at BFG, and in case no one has already done so, then please allow me to tell you welcome to the pond! If you have any questions not answered by the TOS, I'd be happy anytime to try to help you if I can.

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Jun 30, 15 5:56 PM
Windows 7 Pro, DirectX 11, Intel Q35 Express Chipset Family (driver up to date per Microsoft), Adobe Flash just updated this week ( think it's 11-something, but as I say, it was just updates.

Many people are having the same problem, and many (probably of the same people) had the same problem in "Color of Fright." I have the problem in both standard editions, but people who have the collectors edition have had the same problem.

To be as brief as possible - ALL the scenes which have left-to-roght scrolling, and ONLY the scenes that have left to right scrolling, do not have visible backgrounds, but are all black except for active areas (and some of those only when zoomed. This does not prevent one from finishing the game (I finished both), at least in casual mode, but it makes it a lot less fun. In harder modes, it probably does preclude finishing the game, because without some sparkly help, you would have no idea where you are.

Oh, by the way, turning special effects off does not help. Neither does uninstalling and reinstalling, and neither do any other quick fixes.

I'm sure this is a problem with a particular platform and/or a particuar interface, possibly with Windows 7 Pro, but I'm pretty sure there are other O/Ss that also experienced it. It needs to be fixed, in both editions of both games. And it especialy needs to be fixed before any future games are issued with side-to-side scrolling. It is not doing the reputation of either Elephant or BFG any good, as you will see from the acrimonious tones and no-buys in the forums of both games in both versions.

Go to: