No New updates

Abigail23
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Re:No New updates

[Post New]by Abigail23 on May 24, 15 3:16 PM
Well I have nothing to say about the game updating that hasn't been said before. I have gone through several stages have ended up needing to ask a question. First I would like to give a SHOUT OUT for this forum and it's people.

I don't know any of you well but several have been so wonderful with help and encouragement. I read this regularly and see how passionate the people in this forum are and generous with their help. I recently have started a view new games and certainly none come anywhere close to the help here. You know who you are, those that are there so quickly to answer any question. The many helps through lists posted here to help others enjoy the game did not just get there on there own. THANK YOU so much everyone who has had a small to large part to making this game fun. I said this before but again I will say, you bring this game to life, you are the heart of the game.

I started this game a second time not long ago, some might remember trying to help me. I had major computer problem, and had not registered the game and so lost my game. The thought of starting over was disheartening, in the end the thought of not playing the game was worse.

I am at level 43 now, have no white gloves and no update coming to fix the glitch. That said I will keep playing because I love this game. My question is, if I start again, my hands are shaking as I type that, but if I do it seems to me I will be able to watch for that glitch and then carry on in the game as far as it goes now, is that correct. I will do that in order to get the most out of the game.

Your thoughts and advise are welcome guys. Kate

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on May 24, 15 3:39 PM
First and foremost YOU GO KATE!!!
uhum now back to decorum.
I'll be blunt with out Margaret's house open you will NOT be able to complete the upcoming quests to get you to "Nirvana". there its said. NOW for the good news
I am also on level 43 in barely 8 days of actual game play, that's under 200 hours.
Yes you CAN avoid the dreaded glitches, especially if you know what to look for.
With Margaret (which is one of the most obvious although there are others) Its level 28 when you are asked for the gloves. You CANNOT go anywhere near the doll shop from level 27 to 32. You must HOLD that quest till level 32 when Altanta opens.
But people have also lost the oil for the cash register in the Candy shop as well.
there are plenty of threads on starting a new game. Start a new one after you know what to do...read and read the threads as it will make sense to you and give you the tools necessary to restart and have fun doing it.

Good luck and more importantly YOU GO KATE!

[Post New]by angelfire77 on May 24, 15 9:31 PM
Does this mean we won't have the Pirate Quests and the different holiday quests?

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on May 24, 15 9:35 PM
angelfire77 wrote:Does this mean we won't have the Pirate Quests and the different holiday quests?

No, BFG confirmed that we will have Pirates Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and I think Halloween.. but after Christmas the events will repeat themselves over and over and over and over again..

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on May 25, 15 8:59 PM
So true CH. Yes ART was a wonderful game. The friendships had here in forum and in game are invaluable. I also hope for someone to pick up the torch. We are a lucrative and honorable market.

Cheers

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on May 26, 15 3:04 AM
ChestnutHeights wrote:
angelfire77 wrote:Does this mean we won't have the Pirate Quests and the different holiday quests?

No, BFG confirmed that we will have Pirates Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and I think Halloween.. but after Christmas the events will repeat themselves over and over and over and over again..

Do any of these events offer the ability to complete the "Have X Pets and X Amount of Accessory Quests"?

I've been stuck at 4/5 pets for over a year now; however, I've been a come-and-go player, meaning I play as far as I can, then come back once there's been a new update.

I am sad about the decision to discontinue updates, but it will be somewhat mediated if I can still complete the last remaining achievements, the Pets and the Holidays being the only ones unattainable at this time.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 26, 15 6:40 AM
There's a pet you can buy for Christmas using gold. At one point it wasn't being counted in number of pets. I think that bug was fixed. We'll have to wait until Christmas to see. There's one accessory you can buy for the dogs at Christmas.

frosteen
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by frosteen on May 26, 15 12:09 PM
So, now that it is over, I have a question for those of at higher levels. The only quests I still have pending are for the buildings - get the resources to build, etc. It is worth the time to keep going??
Also, for those of who are going to quit (which I will after completing the final quests, if deemed worthy), let's have a sell-off in the auction house of everything we don't want and don't, obviously, need to keep. I would sell all my stuff for $1 and have a buy-out of $2. If you have something you want, PM me and (if I have it), I will put it up. [NOTE: I only play once a day around 6pm EST, so don't expect an immediate response.]

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on May 26, 15 12:24 PM
It is totally up to individuals whether they feel it is worth continuing. For myself, I still have lots of earlier targets to complete in the game (even though I am also now up to just finishing off those buildings....) and I am really looking forward to the promised events to see what they contain. That takes us up almost to the end of the year. And there are lots of people who started more recently who still have previous events yet to be done - so it is not all over yet.
An auction "sell-off" would be very kind to those who are still further back in the game, but could also run the risk of being a gift to the sharks who will buy everything up and then go back to the old tricks of charging a fortune for them......

On the other hand, I do have a rather interesting picture of the whole thing ending up next year with only the sharks bidding against each other in the auction house for virtual coins that they can't do anything with!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on May 26, 15 12:57 PM
Now that i would pay to see!!!!!

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on May 26, 15 7:48 PM
JB4510 wrote:
ChestnutHeights wrote:

Do any of these events offer the ability to complete the "Have X Pets and X Amount of Accessory Quests"?

I've been stuck at 4/5 pets for over a year now; however, I've been a come-and-go player, meaning I play as far as I can, then come back once there's been a new update.

I am sad about the decision to discontinue updates, but it will be somewhat mediated if I can still complete the last remaining achievements, the Pets and the Holidays being the only ones unattainable at this time.

JB-- No one knows what will come with Pirates Day. So, it's hard to say. It's a new event for everyone.

My suggestion would be, hold off on deleting the game, if possible, and see what comes in the Fall time frame.

By January of next year (2016) all the available content will be open. Then you can make a decision... just a thought.

jbmf_06
Clownfish
Clownfish
712 Posts

[Post New]by jbmf_06 on May 26, 15 8:12 PM
ChestnutHeights wrote:

Hello Chestnut the fact that things will repeat over and over is good, at least the game is not ending like I thought it was.

[Post New]by angelfire77 on May 30, 15 6:45 PM
ChestnutHeights wrote:No, BFG confirmed that we will have Pirates Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and I think Halloween.. but after Christmas the events will repeat themselves over and over and over and over again..

Thank you! I would like to have the opportunity to finish my Thanksgiving quests and do all the others. I still enjoy the game.

micbas
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by micbas on Jun 1, 15 1:04 AM
If they make the games not free to play but at contribution of $2,- per month or you wont be able to play the game. I cannot imagine that they wont have enough money then to make new updates.
I'm willing to do so for ART and AK. And maybe even for Dark Manor if it will be for sure that there will be new content to play.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jun 2, 15 8:37 AM
I wanted to get this out there, because there's been a lot of talk of the demise of PC games and the transition of everything to mobile..

On the AK forum, in response to a similar question.. here's the response

While it is true that some developers are making decisions to move on to mobile platforms, PC games are still in demand and being made by a wide rage of developers. Downloadable games for PC and Mac are very important to us here at Big Fish Games and we're going to continue to bring these games to our users.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jun 2, 15 10:18 AM
ChestnutHeights wrote:I wanted to get this out there, because there's been a lot of talk of the demise of PC games and the transition of everything to mobile..

While it is true that some developers are making decisions to move on to mobile platforms, PC games are still in demand and being made by a wide rage of developers. Downloadable games for PC and Mac are very important to us here at Big Fish Games and we're going to continue to bring these games to our users.

I don't recall anybody saying EVERTHING will transition to mobile, however, the fact remains that the number of PC games released by BF has been declining since 2011.

2011 - 509 games
2012 - 482 games
2013 - 468 games
2014 - 457 games

Unless there is a heck of a lot of soft releases in the second half of the year, there will be less PC games released in 2015 than there was in 2014.

And these figures include the PC free to play games, of which there have only been 2 new ones this year.

Things change. Ten years ago, there were no HOPAs.

Now it's difficult to find a decent word game. When was the last time one was released on BF?

When TV became available to the masses, some predicted that it would mean the end to the movie industry. Last time I looked, they are still making movies.

On the other hand, they're no longer releasing those movies on VHS tapes in the US. It's all DVD's now, and maybe someday it will be all Blue Ray.

As to whether games for PC will go the way of the VHS tape, it will depend on whether developers feel they can make enough money focusing on PC games. Because no matter how much we may want them, and BF wants to sell them to us, they can't sell and we can't buy if they're not being made.

GOBSTOPPERS
Minnow
Minnow
296 Posts

[Post New]by GOBSTOPPERS on Jun 3, 15 3:51 AM
ChestnutHeights wrote:I wanted to get this out there, because there's been a lot of talk of the demise of PC games and the transition of everything to mobile..

bfgMurrumbidgee wrote:G'day,

I noticed that TiramaSue had a question that may not have been addressed here or in other forums just yet.

While it has been a little while since a new free to play game has been released for PC only, or that allows play on PC as well as other platforms, we're constantly looking for new games to bring to all of our players, on all platforms.

Developing games for any platform can take some time and as soon as the moderation team learns of new free to play games coming to PC we'll be sure to check in and let folks know.

I hope this helps.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Edited on 06/03/2015 at 3:52:57 AM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jun 3, 15 7:45 AM
Gobstoppers:

And your point is?

I KNOW what the mods have said. But BF can't sell what is no longer being made. So no PC games from BoomZap any more. No PC games from Blue Tea any more. No PC games from the developers of the Margarve series.

Heck, BF's own game studio isn't making games for PC anymore. They've farmed out the Hidden Expedition series to Eipix and Mystery Case Files to Elephant Games while they spend their time making games for phones and watches.

As for the latest PC free-to-play game, it was developed for mobile devices and ported to PC. The PC version will get updated after the iOS and android versions.

It's a M3, so hardly a replacement for AK or ART. Well, the fact that it's unplayable for many PC players gives it something in common with the Jan 2015 update of ART.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Jun 3, 15 8:32 AM
TSue is right on the money.. One cannot pretend the sun isn't there by blocking it with a thumb. Whether we like it or not things change. Lets talk reality.
I listen to my 78's on an old beat up record player. Why??? Some of those old operas have never EVER been sent to 32's, 45, cassettes nor CD's as there IS NO market for them. Try to find a record player that will play 78's. Supply and demand at its finest.
I just tried to download Gummy Drop a game originally made for cell phones, not PC's.. Well IT WONT PLAY... They have to do a lot of fixing to it to modify the format for windows. that costs money and guess what its free, you think they will keep bothering with it? Just cause some old coot in Miami wants to play it for 5 minutes?
IF the market is BILLIONS on cell phones, watches you name it. Who is going to be making items for a dying market? Hello....ring, ring anyone home?
People now a days want their conveniences on their person and that's the market whether we like it not, approve of it, nor use it ITS irrelevant. As I stated my 40 year old daughter bought one of them watches.. What would we do with such a contraption. We could barely see it with out a magnifying glass. Im sure she has gummy drop on that thing as well. the grand kids all have some sort of pad or phone and they have their own games on it. Ask me, go ahead and ask me if I would use such a thing. Well maybe a pad as that's more like a laptop and I could see it. But it doesn't run on windows.
it is what it is folks....

GOBSTOPPERS
Minnow
Minnow
296 Posts

[Post New]by GOBSTOPPERS on Jun 3, 15 9:50 AM

THANK YOU chestnutheights for the information..

Edited on 06/03/2015 at 10:46:34 AM PST

Go to: