Kittene
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Re:An appeal to reconsider the AW decision

[Post New]by Kittene on Jun 9, 15 3:36 PM
Twinmom007 wrote:This is just very sad, and angering too. These two games have gone a long time without major updates, and now this announcement. I feel left hung out to dry, and ripped off. It was likely known for a while that these two games would not be receiving updates nor endings!

I was considering membership and further purchases, I have already invested a lot, as I enjoy the games. But now I don't think I will. This is like the 4th game I liked that has been axed. It seems a trend and a bad one for customers. I likely will not be getting involved in anymore BFG FTP games, for fear that my fun will just be smashed suddenly when it is no longer a profit making whale.

Overall I have seen poor customer service, slow updates, lack of information, and broken games. They need to wake up and take a look at the numbers, this treatment of customers, IS what is dropping your sales through the floor and it will only get worse. It seems that the developers have some great ideas, but when it gets into the hands of BFG and it comes to agreements and distribution and service, between the two parties, the ball is completely dropped. I don't see a good future for BFG, nor many partnerships with game developers, if this is how the distribution and service of the games goes. I am well aware that these things are the decision of both BFG and the game developers, but there seems a definite trend to us customers out here. With BFG being the final ball dropper.

I just don't see the reason to invest into something for years, only to have it suddenly taken away from me, and my invested time and money with it.

Customers are not blind, nor do we like being burned repeatedly, these games have many like them and are usually published and distributed by more than one source.

Feel free to delete or lock my post but I will be off on my adventure to find a better service provider, and I will be encouraging my friends and family to do so as well.

TLDR: These game partnerships may be difficult at times, and many not have a high profit margin, but you will end up with no profit margin eventually, if this is how you run your business. Consider at least the good will, customer friendly concept of supplying a goodbye farewell, wrap-up game content patch, before you so rudely rip away something we have had fun with for years. Every good thing has to end some time, but it doesn't have to end like a car wreck. Today's customer expects a certain level of information service

Twinmom007
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Twinmom007 on Jun 10, 15 12:48 PM
Okay, to be fair, upon browsing Boom Zap's site and blogs. It would appear that the Awakening series has come to an end after 7 games and the FTP. It also looks like they are moving on to making other game types and moving away from HOPA games like Awakening and ART. So this is not purely BFG's doing.

I still stand on what I said though, and hope that it and these petitions are passed along to BZ. I still feel greatly wronged for the sudden discontinuation of this game and ART.

People have invested a lot of money and time into these two games, for them to have no ending.

I am also saddened to see the end of the Awakening series. It was one of the largest and best in my opinion. I hope that BZ and other developers see that there is still a huge fan base for HOPA games.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jun 11, 15 4:32 PM
I notice that the "petition" has been locked, so I will add my name here. I have been playing AK since Feb 2014, through all it's trials and tribulations. I see a real need for at least one final update for the following reasons:

1) It is impossible to get 150 Achievements, unless 5 more are added to the game.

2) Lack of collections for new mini-games. Getting game pieces one at a time is not worth the time or energy.

3) No reason to feed the chest as there is no use for the Stone or Slime. (Wish I could have all my stuff it "ate" back".)

4) Fix all reported glitches and bugs.

These are the things that stand out most to me, but please feel free to add if I've forgotten something. Yes, I would like to see the final area opened. Yes, I would like to see what's in the egg. Yes, I would like to see the game completely finished. I'm just talking about the things that really jump out at me during the course of play that make it clear that it's incomplete.

newmangame
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by newmangame on Jun 11, 15 4:39 PM
Add my name to having one more update and end the story. Also, complete whatever is not completed.

DannPat

Kittene
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by Kittene on Jun 11, 15 5:52 PM
As I said in one of my comments recently................The mods are just waiting for all of us to go away so that they can close this forum..........well now they are *closing* the forum for us and that is to keep our mouths shut so that we will go away.

I can't believe the business practice of this company, unbelievable dishonest and corrupt.

[Removed by Moderator]

Oh well you lost a good customer and many others customers along with me. Guess you don't need our money so we will take it elsewhere.

Edited on 06/13/2015 at 6:21:47 PM PST

njbluejay
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by njbluejay on Jun 11, 15 10:01 PM
Please add my name to the list of those who have been faithful to the game and strongly feel the decision to end this game without a conclusion should be reversed. Like many others I have paid for crystals in the past and would purchase a game that would continue this adventure.

you can add my name as well

[Post New]by stellapurdy on Jun 12, 15 6:50 AM
I think I'm only about half way through AK right now, I'm going to be bummed if I'm not able to finish it out. I agree with other posters, I would pay BFG for the right to play this game, it's too bad that wasn't a consideration before the decision to end it incomplete was made.

Cygnata
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Cygnata on Jun 12, 15 7:40 AM
Me, too! I'd pay to be able to finish the game!

Elirana
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Elirana on Jun 12, 15 8:39 AM
Add me too. Been with BF since March 2007 and bought over 1100 games.

This is VERY Shabby treatment BF. I play AK every day anywhere from 30mins to 2hrs. More when there are quests. I've bought crystals a good few times. I'm in the middle of a game that has not reached the middle, let alone the end. Perhaps you can explain why I should continue to trust you or maintain loyalty.

WE are your customers so you are responsible to us, not BoomZap or other developers, as we pay you. They are responsible to you as you pay them. Is this not so?

I have the feeling that it's not a matter of finance but that BZ are fed up bothering with AK. They have 'other fish to fry'.(sorry fishies ) Surely it could be taken over by another dev., as long as they maintain the quality.

I believe the membership hasn't gone up since I joined. Isn't it time it did? To maintain the status quo? Even improve things? I'm a great believer in, "you get what you pay for".

Have to get off this soapbox. Feet hurt.

Elirana

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jun 12, 15 2:31 PM
Here is what the Boomzap Forum has to say:

Hi there! I'll try to answer some of your questions, but these are not finalized nor approved. We had planned a series of quests to fight the basilisk, driving him higher into the Dark Tower, and finally defeating him at the top, where Shelsea the mermaid will be rescued. However, the cloaked figure's identity remains to be unknown. As for the egg: it's a new pet helper - a rare pocket dragon.

Like you mentioned, this game as well as all of our HOPAs are the intellectual properties of Big Fish Games. There are several factors beyond Boomzap's control, thus we are unable to accommodate your requests and answer your other questions, especially regarding unannounced titles. As much as we would like to help, game support is now being handled by the BFG Customer Service team and it would be best to direct your queries to them. My sincerest apologies.

To me, this sounds like BoomZap fully intended to continue updating and finish this game. I for one, would give my eye-teeth for that Pocket Dragon Helper! Come on BF and BZ...put aside your differences and come to an amenable agreement.

[Post New]by driggle66 on Jun 12, 15 2:59 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with everyone else. I would pay for this game and continuing to purchase bolgins and diamonds.

Like everyone else I absolutely love this game. So I will play it again from the beginning and hope that BFG change their minds.

MagentaRose
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by MagentaRose on Jun 12, 15 8:10 PM
virginiakay60 wrote:Please reconsider updating AK
thank you

Just adding virginiakay60 name to the appeal/petition as she sent this request personally to My Messages.

Kittene
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by Kittene on Jun 12, 15 8:18 PM
NoFishToday wrote:Here is what the Boomzap Forum has to say:

Hi there! I'll try to answer some of your questions, but these are not finalized nor approved. We had planned a series of quests to fight the basilisk, driving him higher into the Dark Tower, and finally defeating him at the top, where Shelsea the mermaid will be rescued. However, the cloaked figure's identity remains to be unknown. As for the egg: it's a new pet helper - a rare pocket dragon.

Like you mentioned, this game as well as all of our HOPAs are the intellectual properties of Big Fish Games. There are several factors beyond Boomzap's control, thus we are unable to accommodate your requests and answer your other questions, especially regarding unannounced titles. As much as we would like to help, game support is now being handled by the BFG Customer Service team and it would be best to direct your queries to them. My sincerest apologies.

To me, this sounds like BoomZap fully intended to continue updating and finish this game. I for one, would give my eye-teeth for that Pocket Dragon Helper! Come on BF and BZ...put aside your differences and come to an amenable agreement.

This just makes me see reddddddddddddddddd a dozen times over, this is totally ruthless of BF/CD to do this to their customer base that pays their salary, vacations, holiday bonuses, medical and all the other perks that they get, we pay them to stay in business and they have the nerve to treat us like trash/yesterday's garbage............There is still lots to do with this game and they just up and decide to throw it away ............grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr somewhere along the line this must be fraud on their part............you don't treat your customers like this........for without us, you have no money coming in...or a business......don't you believe in being a decent company that has respect for your customers.........no......well that I can believe, darn what kind of people run this company and the decisions they make are totally against everything most decent people are brought up with.

[Removed by Moderator] It's is still out there for all that are members of BF...you can't erase all of us into nevernever land............you should speak up and do something. And there is social media out there .................

Edited on 06/13/2015 at 6:19:54 PM PST

Kittene
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by Kittene on Jun 12, 15 8:19 PM
NoFishToday wrote:Here is what the Boomzap Forum has to say:

west644
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by west644 on Jun 13, 15 1:04 PM
Just adding my voice to those who are requesting (begging) to have at least one further update to tie up the loose ends: the egg, the hermit, the basilisk, the books, Shelsea... etc. Come on guys, get with it, listen to your customers and give them the service they deserve.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jun 13, 15 2:07 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to stop by this thread to make a clarification regarding the quote that NoFishToday posted. Regardless of what may have been "planned", the content that was mentioned was never provided. In addition, the decision to end updates for Awakening Kingdoms was definitely agreed upon by both BoomZap and Big Fish Games together and was not the sole decision of the latter.

I also wanted to let everyone know that the Forum Moderation Team is continuing to advocate for all the players here and that we are sharing this thread with the appropriate parties. Thank you to those of you have taken the time to share your feedback in a clear and constructive manner.

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by FlamSham on Jun 13, 15 3:43 PM
wow, I've been patiently waiting, playing every day building collections and just now check the forum and see this! How can you end in the middle? I agree with those who said give one last update to at least bring it to a close. Let us finish what we started and have been so patiently waiting for.

ellen941
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ellen941 on Jun 13, 15 4:46 PM
I would also love to see this game finished. I have been playing everyday and when I found out that there were to be no more up dates it took all the fun out of the game. But I started a new game just to see if I could get to the end with more of the achievements. It is a great game and I would gladly pay to get the final update. PLEASE BFG and BZ, give us the end of the game.

[Post New]by Mitch1967 on Jun 13, 15 5:14 PM
I have never posted on these forums, but this has got me angry enough to do so. Firstly I am disgusted with the treatment of dedicated players to AK and most of these dedicated players are also financially committed to the game and need closure.Having said that, as the developers have decided they no longer care enough to support their loyal players,if they did decide to back peddle and finish the game the ending would probably be short and blunt anyway.

Edited on 06/13/2015 at 5:15:28 PM PST

linda2997
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by linda2997 on Jun 14, 15 9:51 AM
Please reconsider about not completing Awakening Kingdoms, I have been playing this game since January 20, 2015, and this game is one of the best games Big Fish has developed. Please finish it so we can all see the egg hatch, do something about the Basilisk in front of the Dark Tower stairway, also open the new building in Gizmotek Industrials, and the Castle Barracks. I will be very happy to pay for this game so I can see what new places and items lay in store for all of us to explore.

Thank you,
Linda 2997

Go to: