Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for New York Mysteries: High Voltage Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by rubymooncat on Jun 20, 15 7:40 PM
NEVERMIND.... OPTION IS NOW WORKING!!! Thanks anyway.


Need help with Truck Key

I am having trouble finding the truck key in the prison sequence. When I open the truck door I grabbed the toy cars but there was no key on the driver's seat. I've restarted the game several times. I am on Windows 8 64-Bit.

Edited on 06/20/2015 at 7:42:11 PM PST


 

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for New York Mysteries: High Voltage Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by J_Baker on Jun 20, 15 8:44 PM
jaynebadpup wrote:I'm trying to complete the Workshop HOP in China Town and the program is not taking the correct number sequence for the safe. Obviously the televisions are providing the correct number sequence but every time I use the numbers I still get an "X." I have been enjoying this game's hidden morphing objects and collectibles, but this genre of modern prison break HO game is not my style. This combined with all the game problems has made me wonder if I want to try the New York Mysteries Mafia which I purchased with the promotion.


We are having the same issue, has anyone else experienced or figured out how to get around this problem.

We have checked for patches and reinstalled the game without resolving the problem.

 
WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for New York Mysteries: High Voltage Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by WilJul on Jun 21, 15 4:47 AM
rubymooncat wrote:NEVERMIND.... OPTION IS NOW WORKING!!! Thanks anyway.


Need help with Truck Key

I am having trouble finding the truck key in the prison sequence. When I open the truck door I grabbed the toy cars but there was no key on the driver's seat. I've restarted the game several times. I am on Windows 8 64-Bit.


SPOILER
Highlight to read: > Check the visor <

Edited on 06/21/2015 at 4:50:55 AM PST


 
WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for New York Mysteries: High Voltage Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by WilJul on Jun 21, 15 4:49 AM
J_Baker wrote:
jaynebadpup wrote:I'm trying to complete the Workshop HOP in China Town and the program is not taking the correct number sequence for the safe. Obviously the televisions are providing the correct number sequence but every time I use the numbers I still get an "X." I have been enjoying this game's hidden morphing objects and collectibles, but this genre of modern prison break HO game is not my style. This combined with all the game problems has made me wonder if I want to try the New York Mysteries Mafia which I purchased with the promotion.


We are having the same issue, has anyone else experienced or figured out how to get around this problem.

We have checked for patches and reinstalled the game without resolving the problem.
You might want to check out the thread "HELP! TV Workshop box combination". It's currently on the 2nd page of this forum. Or you can copy and paste the URL: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/411423.page

 

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for New York Mysteries: High Voltage Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by busterboo on Jun 21, 15 4:05 PM
bjdog17 wrote:I am having trouble in the chinatown flower shop HOS. I can only re-arrange one shelf of the flower arrangements. Once a re-arrange the other shelves lock.


I am having the same problem. The poster shows the sequence of flowers, but I am only allowed to move I flower, and all the others lock and won't move. Cannot progress in the game until able to move two flowers, not one.

 
WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for New York Mysteries: High Voltage Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by WilJul on Jun 23, 15 4:46 PM
busterboo wrote:
bjdog17 wrote:I am having trouble in the chinatown flower shop HOS. I can only re-arrange one shelf of the flower arrangements. Once a re-arrange the other shelves lock.


I am having the same problem. The poster shows the sequence of flowers, but I am only allowed to move I flower, and all the others lock and won't move. Cannot progress in the game until able to move two flowers, not one.

SPOILER
Highlight to read > You must tape the poster together first. <

As an aside, the last few posts have been game play issues, not tech issues. This is a dedicated tech thread.

 
mlorna
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for New York Mysteries: High Voltage Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by mlorna on Jun 23, 15 7:32 PM
I am so tired of buying some of these games that don't work. I have purchased a lot of games from Big Fish and I even test some. None of the ones that I have tested ever have problems that I encounter when the game actually comes out. Apparently the test game doesn't really get in to the game far enough, plus even if I don't buy the games and try them before hand, they only last for an hour.

I have no problem with some and then the next one out, can't get it to work. I previously purchased New York Mysteries - Secrets of the Mafia and had NO problems with it and I enjoyed the game. Decided to buy New York Mysteries and I can barely get through it without it freezing up. There has to be a reason for this. What the heck are the programmers doing. There should be testing for all platforms and levels, not just what may be the most recent and modern.

I always try the suggestions to try to get it to work and they never do anything to improve the game or get it to work. It feels like the suggestions are just there to pacify. I have Windows 7 and a new computer. So frustrating!

 

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for New York Mysteries: High Voltage Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by sharonperry on Jun 26, 15 9:25 PM
Am also stuck in Cellar HOS and have not been able to find the update.


 
dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for New York Mysteries: High Voltage Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jun 29, 15 6:52 PM
My Strategy Guide stopped working right before the end of the main game (it wouldn't open). It continues inaccessible in the Bonus game. I don't see that anyone has had this problem. I'm on Windows XP.

 

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for New York Mysteries: High Voltage Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by Liz_Plays on Jul 2, 15 3:16 PM
I have the same problem in the Kitchen HOP. Cannot get the croissant from the pan.

 

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for New York Mysteries: High Voltage Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by cookster13 on Jul 6, 15 10:55 AM
Stuck in the cellar and can't do anything else.. No updates showing when I look. mac 10.10

 

Need help Pump Room

[Post New]by Braves1lady on Jul 15, 15 9:59 AM
I cannot finish the diagram puzzle in the pump room, the game does not accept the code in the strategy guide. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, still does not work. Help, please

 

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for New York Mysteries: High Voltage Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by ALYNXANDRA on Jul 15, 15 4:45 PM
OSX Yosemite; MacBook Air - New.

There is a box on the wall with red arrows on it (up, down, left, right) Have tried all combinations of code and I can get the first five lights blue but the last light is always wrong, no matter which arrow I push it turns yellow and resets the game. Not Even the solution from the Strategy Guide worked.

Help -- anyone.

 

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for New York Mysteries: High Voltage Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Aug 15, 15 7:02 PM
Read very quickly through problems gamers were having, and I think my problem is there somewhere, though the reviews were so convoluted, I couldn't tell. All of a sudden more than three quarters of the game, my inventory cannot be accessed. The cursor will not go down that far. I just received the "rope" that is needed for the next scene and I can't get it. I have had a few problems with this game but was always able to correct or fix the problem. This one seems to be unfixable!! I QUIT!!!
Cannot recommend this game until the glitches are fixed.

feenix

 

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for New York Mysteries: High Voltage Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Aug 16, 15 5:14 PM
Sorry, I actually took the time to read ALL the reviews from the beginning and I see now that the inventory thing is a common tech issue. You would think after all the same problems are happening, BF would have fixed it by now.

feenix

 

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for New York Mysteries: High Voltage Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by Faceonthewind on Aug 23, 15 11:14 AM
Cannot pick up the picture off skeleton. Zooms in, only.

 
 
 
 
Go to: