Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

Re:Mini Golf Zone hints and courses available on Big Fish

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jun 29, 15 9:19 PM
Flybaby wrote:http://tinypic.com/a/4gbxl/4
Hopefully I did it right. I uploaded 9 pics of the mushroom piece. There could possibly be more variations. I also noticed that the dynamite, hearts and eggs have several variations. Very creative of the developers.
Wiki has a some golf pieces listed under Sports event 2014. The rest you can do a search for . A few can be found in secret bonus areas.

!!!!!

So, they made them reproduce new variations! How very 'spore" like and yes very creative. Being there are so many variations, I will rethink my idea to make a separate Wiki page! It would take too long to gather them all!

Thanks so much for uploading the pics. They are really interesting and I wonder what else we might be missing. hmmmm If anyone sees something 'strange" for us to look out for let us know. (other than a player placing 8 peppermints in a row that is!! heheh)

Edited on 07/07/2015 at 1:37:37 PM PST

Flybaby
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Flybaby on Jun 30, 15 9:35 AM
Discus3 wrote:

Hello Flybaby,

Thank you for an excellent mini golf course.

Did you receive the PM I sent re some of the new features you added?

Respectfully,

Discus3

I just found it and responded. Thanks for writing!

Re:Mini Golf Zone hints and courses available on Big

[Post New]by westerneric on Jul 1, 15 8:22 PM
Kittypurrrs wrote:Post #18 If you leave your course unplayable yet open, it can be VERY frustrating! if you know someone on this list please tell them. (Although the last person I told called me a stalker and kept on fishing instead of closing it. Whaaat? or, they just ignore me.)

if you have updates or ratings for any please, add them or message me.

Open courses that are broken/unfinished/unplayable

westernic cannot evaluate 9 hole course ... as holes 7 and 8 are broken (boat sideways, not attached) too bad as it is good looking and well laid out

cousoe Broken 3 hole but has it open (clown on hole 1)

Broken 1 hole but has it open

Hi Kittypurrs

Sry I didn't realise that you talking to me on Amicus isle you said hi nic when you where next to me so I though you were talking to someone else.

Thx for letting me know that my course was broken which I have now gone back in to fix.
P.S. my name I go by is westerneric not westernic were you to tired at the time that you wrote this

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

Re:Mini Golf Zone hints and courses available on Big

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 1, 15 8:59 PM
westerneric wrote:
P.S. my name I go by is westerneric not westernic were you to tired at the time that you wrote this

I am sorry westerneric. Corrected! I make a note when I click on the players name, but sometimes I AM tired and may get it wrong, as hard as I try! I am so glad you fixed your course because it looks as though you spent both time and gold on it to make it nice.

I had seen it the night before when I was trying some random courses, and then again the next day, so I was visiting 8 to 12 course a day, and only a few are ready to play and enjoyable, if that makes my error a little more excusable

Thanks for replying and I will go play it again soon =)

PS: did you play the course yourself?

EDIT: Replayed and rated. Great job!

Edited on 07/07/2015 at 7:04:16 PM PST

[Post New]by westerneric on Jul 1, 15 9:22 PM
It's ok Kittypurrs we all have our of days and yes I have played the course but not to crash hot at it .

I don't if it's just me but that boat piece seems to be fussy which way you put it each time I corrected it then exited out of the mini golf zone then come back in the boat was is the wrong spot again.

I did ending up working it out in end so it doesn't screw up when I exit out then back in.

Happy Golfing

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 1, 15 9:41 PM
Hi, yes the boat piece does seem to mess up for some courses, so it is not just you. The other day a course had the point side facing me for some reason!! It took forever to get it in such a narrow spot. (the square end is supposed to be facing the player on the course, so that we have 2 channels to try to enter)

Edited on 07/02/2015 at 10:42:16 AM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 2, 15 11:04 AM
I see a lot of players have simply placed the obstacles back to back willy nilly and that is certainly your prerogative. Trouble is, if you place them backwards or back to back to make us frustrated to the nth degree, you have irritated fellow players rather than made it fun.

You CAN make it more fun by warning other players as Teisfortiger has done, or playing and completing it yourself MORE THAN ONCE to assure that it can even be completed. Then you'll know it is a challenge, rather than an irritant. Or, consider having an easy hole, harder hole, easier hole pattern, so players eyes do not bleed after 18 holes of obstacle after obstacle. (pretty please?)

Grinchy courses might be remembered as such and I am sure most players do not want their name attached to that moniker. If that is your goal, ah well, such is life. EG: I placed the pot of gold so that it is player, hole of pot of gold, pot of gold, then end hole so players can get nearer the hole or even get it in the hole when it bounces out. I am a softie... so easy peasy. Placing the pot of gold with the hole not facing the player, that's challenging, Placing the pot of gold with the hole not facing the player, so the ball bounces back to the eggs right behind it, or worse to the dynamite or peppermint right behind, after taking 20 (or 40) strokes to get through the other 12 back to back obstacles, that's pure evil! (Okay not really, as I could just leave, but I prefer to at least try to rate everyone when I can) AND i the pot of gold piece is used as a hole, it mean the player didn't read my hints, or never use the forums, so this may be a wasted breath! Oh well!

PS: to the players who placed some obstacles back to back over several holes,, so that there was a fun display if you did it just right, or themed it to be evil on the "dark side" part of your course, and obviously MEANT to make it that way, this does not apply to you! I am referring to those who just lumped the pieces together, opened the course and never even played it to assure it was fun or even playable.

Edited on 07/23/2015 at 10:02:06 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 7, 15 11:09 AM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to pop in here and let players know that I've gone ahead and stickied this particular thread. It looks like it has been very helpful to players and this will make it easier to locate.

I hope this helps! Feel free to PM a moderator if you have any questions. Happy gaming everyone!

bfgBellerophon

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 9, 15 11:47 AM
bfgBellerophon wrote:Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to pop in here and let players know that I've gone ahead and stickied this particular thread. It looks like it has been very helpful to players and this will make it easier to locate.

I hope this helps! Feel free to PM a moderator if you have any questions. Happy gaming everyone!
bfgBellerophon

Thanks bfgBellerophon!

I will keep adding to this as long as people are adding their courses for me to try!

To all Big Fish Players: Your course doesn't have to be amazing, just complete and one you are sure is navigable and you played yourself. My course is a 5 hole work in progress, so I understand not every one can have a clown and 18 hole course and I do not have the big $$$ to make it as pretty as most either! As long as it is playable, I will rate it.

Be sure to do an "edit/find" search on each page to see if and how I rated you, as I update it regularly, usually several times daily. If you should find your name on here and you have added something, or want me to try your course again to re-rate it, let me know here, by PM or when you see me on Amicus Isle! I 'll be happy to do it

I visit about a dozen courses a day (and revisit some hoping they have closed unfinished courses until they are ready, sigh ) so visiting a finished and fun course always makes my day! I am looking forward to visiting YOURS!

PS: Anyone can add a rating by using the template on page 2, post # 25.

Edited on 07/23/2015 at 10:05:00 AM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

Re:Mini Golf Zone hints and player courses on Big Fish

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 10, 15 9:21 PM
My flag numbers got out of sync even though I made the holes sequential and they were correct last time I played. not sure what triggered the reset, but in case it was the update, be sure to check your course to see if the flags are numbered right.

Thanks to Flybaby, for finding the achievements. They are near the mounts feeding achievements. One is for completing Gilmore's quest and the other three are for completing 1, 5 and 50 unique and playable golf courses. Playable means you can fill out a scorecard to complete the course.

Edited on 07/26/2015 at 11:31:29 PM PST

Flybaby
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Flybaby on Jul 12, 15 6:40 AM
I also only found two mini golf achievements:

the tee time
"play all the holes on another players golf course"

Green fields
"completed the quests to construct your own mini golf course"

I can't find the other 2. I wish they would put all four together at the end of the list so we could find the most recent.

Edited on 07/12/2015 at 6:42:57 AM PST

Flybaby
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Flybaby on Jul 12, 15 8:18 PM
I just added the newest golf piece (from Cloud-land) to hole #6 on my golf course. Do check it out if you have a chance. I think you'll get a kick out of it.
Hint: "Oh brother, what a blustery day"

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 12, 15 9:08 PM
When I visited the top-rated courses tonight, there were 3 one hole, no obstacle courses in the top 10! They are likely from FB or players that have several accounts because no one should be rating a one Par hole 5-star.

While I give them credit for determination, they do not belong there. The reason why so many Big Fish players are on the top rated list is that they truly deserve to be in every way. Please, do your best to pop in and make sure that all players that deserve to, stay high.

They could also be shooting themselves in the foot as they may get so many people rating them 5 star, the players with clowns can be dropped off the list! (I match their erroneous 5-star with a 1-star which is all a one hole course deserves, but if they get enough 5 star ratings, my rating no longer makes a difference in the ratio.)

ADDENDUM: Some of the newest made courses that I gave a very DESERVED FIVE-STAR to have been dropped completely out of the top rated and never had a chance. That makes me sad because had other players played those courses, they might have had an opportunity to stay there awhile ... Pretty please, play different courses and make sure you try all the top rated for fun and not just the clown hole every day. There are also ones without clown holes that are amazing and fun, so let them stay awhile as well too, simply because they worked so hard to make a perfect course to play. Thank you!!

Edited on 07/23/2015 at 10:06:55 AM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 12, 15 11:27 PM
Flybaby wrote:I just added the newest golf piece (from Cloud-land) to hole #6 on my golf course. Do check it out if you have a chance. I think you'll get a kick out of it.
Hint: "Oh brother, what a blustery day"

I had a "blast " playing that hole. I played a few of the top rated over again and it reacts differently each time... blowing you back , forward or letting you through. I went back and forth several times on purpose to test it! heheh.

BTW I played your whole course again and got a FAR better score! Almost halved my last one. i am getting better at mini golf after playing about 300 courses! (Some 4 or 5 times)

Edited on 07/13/2015 at 11:04:04 AM PST

Flybaby
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Flybaby on Jul 13, 15 8:36 AM
Wow, 300 courses! Kitty, I'm going to dub you the mini-golf queen of Bushwhacker World. LOL
Thanks for playing my course again, and improved your score. (I like your pun about having a "blast" on hole 6)

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 13, 15 11:41 AM
Mini-golf queen? Heck no, I humbly play and my course is a measly 5 hole that is easy-peasy and not much imagination. I nominate all of those who make such amazing courses for me to play for the royal status!

Thanks to everyone who made their course so special and unique. (I won't add shout outs or special mentions as they are already singled out in this thread in individual ratings)

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 23, 15 2:35 PM
Hello fellow golfers. I haven't seen too many new golf courses to try so quit looking at every player I saw to check out if they had a mini golf. For some reason, today there were a lot. Sadly, most had simply clicked that their course was ready to play when there was nothing there. TWO players had a very long one hole course that had no end to it and another player had 2 ends, but no putter, sigh...

I am still enjoying golfing but nonetheless get awfully frustrated seeing so many empty courses that were opened. I also am no longer rating courses that are open and ready and yet have ZERO holes played. That means the player made the course with no consideration of its playability. I have no qualms about not leaving a rating in that case.

I did the work so that you do not have to. To use these results so you can visit 50 playable courses (they have to be playable to count for the achievements) click on the player's green golf symbol on AI, click Edit/find and add the players name on the search line to see if it is complete/playable and how many holes, then click on the confirmation that you do wish to visit their course. (Lots of one hole courses will help you get it in no time, but there are many featured and rated courses that are not only fun to play but fun to look at and see how talented some creative players are! Be sure to try those too!)

ADDENDUM: Again today there was a one-hole multi-obstacle course that had 2 obstacles BACKWARDS, at the very top of the top-rated courses. Even though I rated it the one-star it deserved, it remained at the top because it had so many 5 stars! It took me several messages to players to get it removed. (It is a ratio of ratings so my one 1 star had little effect) One hole courses simply do not ever deserve to be in the top rated being we have so many great courses to choose from that far overshadow the (non) effort to make a one hole. Please do not think I am the one manipulating the scoring... THEY are, by either asking friends to overrate them or by having several accounts to do so.

Edited on 07/26/2015 at 5:24:05 PM PST

Flybaby
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Flybaby on Jul 25, 15 1:53 PM
Hi all. For those of you who would like to try playing the golf piece from the 2015 Carnival event, I have placed it as hole #2 on my course to make it easier to find. The name of this piece is Butter not miss this putt" ... lol

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 26, 15 12:10 PM
Flybaby wrote:Hi all. For those of you who would like to try playing the golf piece from the 2015 Carnival event, I have placed it as hole #2 on my course to make it easier to find. The name of this piece is Butter not miss this putt" ... lol

Thanks for adding it so quickly Flybaby. I can't wait to add it to my "ate" hole, nom nom ... but I hope they let people use their popcorn machines, candy floss and baloons to decorate that hole! (I am using my saved up bushbucks to buy those so surely hope so)

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 26, 15 12:21 PM
Another note for players setting up courses... if you play the one-hole back to back course you made, and did the one hole in 30 strokes, as I saw one player had done yesterday, it is perhaps wise to either remove some of those obstacles and make more holes, or, make the par closer to the number of strokes needed to complete the hole. *FYI, it is not 3... which is the normal mini golf default.

Par is usually set by a professional playing the holes and they use that average after several rounds so, as we do not have a professional, play it 5 to10 times to see if it is enjoyable/playable and average your score to set the par. To set the par, click on the change button found at the putter entrance of each hole. Click your average score for that hole and then save the changes.

Remember that changing those settings can sometimes affect the whole course settings, so if you have other holes, check to make sure they are still sequential.

Edited on 09/20/2015 at 10:03:01 AM PST

Go to: