Re:Welcome to G.H.O.S.T Chronicles: Phantom of the Renaissance Faire forum

[Post New]by tappy49 on Jul 15, 09 7:32 PM
Euskalduna wrote:Extremely difficult download. Stops for minutes, have to pause and then resume, and I think download started again at some point, because the last time I looked, it was 42% downloaded and now its at 11%. Anybody with this problem?

Usually the download problem with these big games boils down to your video card or ram.

[Post New]by tappy49 on Jul 15, 09 7:35 PM
goldens wrote:I loved the game, but, like others, was very surprised when it ended so quickly. It was probably the shortest high caliber game I've seen. Oh well, I still give it
If it was longer it would have rated a 5.

I'm sorry but 2 1/2 hours is all the time I want to dedicate to a game. Each time you play it gets a little harder and you can play the game in a more difficult mode. I think it is well worth the money. Nice graphics.

[Post New]by tappy49 on Jul 15, 09 7:36 PM
cgibson856 wrote:Thinking of buying game. How long is it? Got burned before bying games that didn't last much longer then the demo hour.

This game took me 2 1/2 hours to get through. I don't consider that a short game. Nice graphics and good story line.

[Post New]by sheepish666 on Sep 27, 09 9:50 AM
Can someone please tell me where the pyramid is in the Tapestry House - Its driving me mad!
Thanks

jovipookie
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Review of G.H.O.S.T Chronicles: Phantom of the Renaissance Faire forum

[Post New]by jovipookie on Oct 7, 09 10:46 PM
I played the demo for the full hour and really enjoyed it. I checked out the blog walkthru and saw it had a lot of chapters and I got excited that it would be a game I would play for a few hours. Oops - wrong conclusion. I played about an hour longer and finished it and I'm a slow player. Plus the ending was uneventful. BigFish - you really need to employ some rules to the games you accept to offer as to the length of play and quality of graphics. In a lot of the various game forums I see players disgruntled about this, myself included.

[Post New]by patnece46 on Oct 18, 09 10:12 AM
I brough the game back in July of this year finally downloaded to my computer and it does not work onh my computer I have never played so I either want my 6.99 back or a free game

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 18, 09 11:41 AM
patnece46 wrote:I brough the game back in July of this year finally downloaded to my computer and it does not work onh my computer I have never played so I either want my 6.99 back or a free game

Hi patnece46- welcome to the forums!

Sorry you have not been able to get the game to work. You should contact tech support via the green envelope on the lower right.

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Dec 5, 09 8:02 AM
AndyGeary wrote:
I wasn't asking you to believe me, I was just telling my story. I finished the game in 1 hour. You believing that or not is unimportant. It's a short game, not worth the money. No where near worth the money. I was simply trying to warn others that this is an unacceptably short game, because it is. It's your $7 bucks, do as you wish. A quick clicker with a good eye can indeed finish this game in trial mode, or at the very least, slightly longer than 1 hour. This game is no value whatsoever. It's freebie value, at best.

I have to agree that an hour is approximately enough time to finish. I had beta tested this game so I knew the beginning of it well. When I got to the hour demo after it launched I near completed it in the demo hour. I did check the walkthrough, and I was a few mere steps away from completely when my time ran out. I suspect that had I not had the walkthrough for assistance and had I not beta tested it, then it might have added about 30 minutes to my game time so approx 90 total. So it's still a short game for me as I have played so many before.

It was good graphics for certain, and I did like the progression, but it was short.

wrath6
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wrath6 on Jan 17, 10 5:40 PM
hi,

after reading most of the reviews many stated game was too short and one person stated it only take them an hour to finish it, so i was undecided on purchasing game. but i played the demo twice and only reached chapter 28, according to walk-thru there are 43 chapters so it will be a good length for me. some fishes who have completed the game state that the ending changes, so i feel there is replay value with this game..look forward to adding mine collection. i enjoyed the graphics, storyline and the puzzles were challenging but not too hard.

stupidanacrox
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by stupidanacrox on Feb 4, 10 2:11 PM
just finish this game and i love it. it's a good game for spend some hours of fun

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Feb 10, 10 3:09 PM
This is a beautifully-done game! I've been playing it on and off "for free" (with ads) from another game site. Have decided to buy it and enjoy it from the start, in one long stretch, without interruptions.

This is really a great game, with many different elements. And the artwork is simply beautiful; the dialogue enjoyable.

[Post New]by autumn62 on Feb 18, 10 4:38 PM
I played all the way through the game once and I really enjoyed it. At the end before the credits roll, it says "play again for different hidden objects". If I start again (using the same player name)it is still showing me to look for the same objects as in thew first game I played. If I change to a new user name, it still has me looking for the same stuff, just like I had never played the game before.

How can I play the game a second time and be given new objects to find?

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 25, 10 1:50 PM
Just finished the demo and thought I might have an idea about the length of the game by reading your comments. For some of you it's childishly short and OK for others. So the big question remains : to buy or not to buy ???? I just bought a game where objects are so tiny that you keep using the hint button (which I usualy don't do) which spoils the pleasure of the game, I don't want to end up this time with a ridiculously short game. Will wait another day to decide. If anybody could help me, considering I'm a slow player. Suppose I can't expect the length of Dire Grove, or Sweeny Todd. HELP !!!!!

Welcome to G.H.O.S.T Chronicles: Phantom of the Renaissance Faire forum

[Post New]by Lobster66 on May 27, 10 8:00 AM
I tried the demo, and it was OK. The puzzles were simple and the objects were generally easy to find. I might buy it eventually, but it's not at the top of my list.

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Jun 19, 10 4:15 PM
The kids (14 and 11) and I thoroughly enjoyed playing this game and give it 6 thumbs up - two from each of us.

Pros:
- the storyline was interesting and made sense
- loved the way the puzzles in the different stores worked together like pieces of one big puzzle
- hint system could be refilled
- beautiful, realistic-type graphics
- HOG scenes weren't junkpiles, but they did use a lot of velcro
- no penalties of any kind during the HOG scenes for too many non-productive clicks in a row

Cons:
- ending felt too abrupt, almost like more had been planned and then had to be aborted real quickly
- from what I've read, there are at least three different endings; it would be nice if the alternate endings had the option of being accessed without having to replay the entire game
- HOG items were often small and very difficult to find; the only reason we didn't use more hints than we did was because we had three sets of eyes examining the screen
- hint system was limited - the number of hints was very generous, but if you had a lot of trouble finding the items, you could find yourself stuck with no way of getting help

Overall Impression: This was a fun, semi-challenging iHOG/adventure blend. I wish they had built-up to the ending a bit more, but what was there was a truly fun experience.

Ejune3
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Ejune3 on Feb 15, 11 5:00 PM
LogieBaby wrote:to get the nails, find a pile of dirt ( not the pile in the broken cart ) and shovel it after you find the shovel. return to the man with the cart and he'll let you have the nails.

as to the eggs, once you pick them up bring them to the fountain and drop them in and then pick up the rotten egg and put it in the face of the jester who's in the sto
cks.

Thank you, I was stuck. I do remember hearing somewhere the comment that rotten eggs float, just didn't think to put that with the fountain!

[Post New]by dranmak on Feb 17, 11 1:11 PM
I just checked out this game. I bought it for $2.99 (for the next 4days). I checked out the walk through and the game has like 43 chapters. It is much longer than the demo. You just have to find out where to go after you finish the demo. You really shouldn't knock something until you do the research. I find BFG very honest and not a rip off. Anytime I have had a problem I just go on "live chat" and the problem is resolved. Like I suggested "do the research before you slam a game."

Novella2
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by Novella2 on Feb 19, 11 1:21 AM
Am in shop with dragon. Using the eye, can see two hidden items, but can't figure out (duh) how to get them. Thanks for any help.

[Post New]by chimeric on Feb 22, 11 7:32 PM
I don't like this game i found phantomast and even the edgar allen poe game easier this is crazy boring.I don't even care that I spent my money I am not finishing it \.

RiaBonus
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by RiaBonus on Jul 29, 11 10:22 AM
Sorry Guys but I just tried this game I can't agree with the most of you I had to get all the Hints from the fairy in the Bakery, now going back into Merlin’s I found out where the secret place was I had to use the magnifier all the time

Most frustrating

Really Ria

PS and also I must have tried it before because I used it for 10mins

Go to: