maryp315
Clownfish
Clownfish
600 Posts

Re:Magic Encyclopedia 2 is out...

[Post New]by maryp315 on Jul 4, 09 3:37 PM
I'm playing it right now and I really like it. Haven't had any problems yet. As soon as I get my game credit I will be buying it.

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Jul 4, 09 3:54 PM
I liked this but I'm wondering how long it is? How many chapters/levels or how long it took to get through?

I'm on the fence about this one. I like finding pieces of objects and I like that you have to figure out which object goes where - moving in and out of places to solve it.

But I thought the mini-games didn't really match the main game. Like they were an afterthought or something. They aren't new or innovative like the ones in RTR.

Anyway, before I move off the fence one way or another I'd appreciate it if someone could let me know how long the game is.

Thanks.

LoveMyBichons
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by LoveMyBichons on Jul 4, 09 3:57 PM
Poodlebear wrote: "Way I figure it is if they offfered a Detective Felix pewter keychain for $7 would I buy it? Yes. For more than that? No, probably not. Would I buy strictly junk for the promo? No. So I buy the games I would buy anyway and this week (and last) has had some wonderful ones.

My *only* expense for entertainment is this, collecting dolls (which has slowed considerably), a couple MMOs, and Netflix. My husband works a blue collar job and has had his hours cut back to 35 a week and I am on Social Security because I've been disabled all my life but managed to work 15+ years before it became too severe to work so we by no means are anything but standard middle class, on the low end at that, according to charts I've seen. BUT we are extremely careful with our money, carry no consumer debt *ever* (cards are never used beyond what can be paid comfortably each month) beyond our mortgage and my accesible van we had to purchase last Summer when I could no longer transfer to the car. Working hard for many years, careful planning, wise spending and saving and a quiet life have allowed me this indulgence. If I get a keychain too than coooooool"

Your life and attitudes as posted are almost a mirror reflection of mine! Like you: debt free, no mortage (lucky enough to have paid it off this year! ), smart savings and good money management allows me to spend $30 or so a month for games. I don't do $5 coffee at Starbucks or wear designer clothes. Being physically challenged, these games are a great source of entertainment that keeps me from dieing in front of the TV!

Edited on 07/04/2009 at 3:59:23 PM PST

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jul 4, 09 4:06 PM
SublimeOne wrote:I liked this but I'm wondering how long it is? How many chapters/levels or how long it took to get through?

I'm on the fence about this one. I like finding pieces of objects and I like that you have to figure out which object goes where - moving in and out of places to solve it.

But I thought the mini-games didn't really match the main game. Like they were an afterthought or something. They aren't new or innovative like the ones in RTR.

Anyway, before I move off the fence one way or another I'd appreciate it if someone could let me know how long the game is.

Thanks.

There are 10 chapters in the game, the length of the game will vary according to each player and their abilities. Play the demo and see how far you can get, that will give you an idea of how long it will take you to complete the game. Keep in mind that some chapters are longer than others.

Margie B

Hallber
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by Hallber on Jul 4, 09 4:07 PM
Is anyone having problems with the Mayan Observatory/Venice? I seem to have done everything but, for some reason, there is no scroll anywhere. Finishing the level coincided with a message saying that I had found all the gems and then...nothing. There is no scroll in Venice or in the Observatory. I am still carrying a portrait from one level (but it let me finish anyway?). When I went back to the level in question, the same portrait was already on the wall. Is this a bug?

Does anyone know what I should be doing in the Mayan Observatory/Venice? I have found all the items, done all the puzzles and I put the gem into the statues hand. There is a beam of light shining from the gem but I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what to do next!

Thanks

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

Probs Masonic Temple/Pearl Diver's hut

[Post New]by uwflossi on Jul 4, 09 4:36 PM
Hello all. First of all thank you for your hard work on 4th of July. I life in Germany but I know that day is (one of) your biggest days. and: nobody is hurted. Thanks God

Now my problem: I gave the monkey the cocosnut-milk in the bowl. But he won't let me in that hut. I finished every level, have a red ribbon and no diamonds over those ribbons. So I think I have all diamonds collected. My hints say: search an other place. And now I go in and out, from location to location. I Have only three hairs on my head. The rest I pulled out. . I this game. Thank you in advance Brigitte

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jul 4, 09 4:39 PM
Hallber wrote:Is anyone having problems with the Mayan Observatory/Venice? I seem to have done everything but, for some reason, there is no scroll anywhere. Finishing the level coincided with a message saying that I had found all the gems and then...nothing. There is no scroll in Venice or in the Observatory. I am still carrying a portrait from one level (but it let me finish anyway?). When I went back to the level in question, the same portrait was already on the wall. Is this a bug?

Does anyone know what I should be doing in the Mayan Observatory/Venice? I have found all the items, done all the puzzles and I put the gem into the statues hand. There is a beam of light shining from the gem but I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what to do next!

Thanks

That's the point that I just hit. Nothing else happens and clicking the hint button shows nothing. If I go back to the map and click on the location that doesn't have a flag, it just takes me back to the same area with nothing to do. I'm really upset about this!

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Jul 4, 09 4:53 PM
I just read over on the GZ forums that if you are missing gems in this area the game will not allow you to move on until you find the gems. You might want to make sure you have found all of the gems to complete the amulet. I also read that if you look over the flag on the map if there is a gem above the flag that indicates you are missing some.

ETA: Is this the last level in the game? Because I also read in another post that at the end of the game the player gets a "you have found all gems" message and then nothing else happens.

As for me, have only done two levels, so this is all second-hand information. Hope this helps.

Edited on 07/04/2009 at 4:55:30 PM PST

[Post New]by GottaBeMe2 on Jul 4, 09 5:05 PM
I just purchased Magic Encyc Moonlight. I got up to the Fire Worshippers Temple and it's telling me I haven't found all the jewels. I've started this game TWICE now and I KNOW I've found all the gems so far. Now I'm stuck and it won't let me play any farther. Any idea what I'm doing wrong???

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Jul 4, 09 5:07 PM
uwflossi wrote:Hello all. First of all thank you for your hard work on 4th of July. I life in Germany but I know that day is (one of) your biggest days. and: nobody is hurted. Thanks God

Now my problem: I gave the monkey the cocosnut-milk in the bowl. But he won't let me in that hut. I finished every level, have a red ribbon and no diamonds over those ribbons. So I think I have all diamonds collected. My hints say: search an other place. And now I go in and out, from location to location. I Have only three hairs on my head. The rest I pulled out. . I this game. Thank you in advance Brigitte

I forgot: I have a fly in my inventory.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jul 4, 09 5:08 PM
sillyfeet wrote:Is this the last level in the game? Because I also read in another post that at the end of the game the player gets a "you have found all gems" message and then nothing else happens.

I believe that was me, and the message must have been "you have NOT found all the gems." I went back to the map and found them, and there was one more short scene and that was the end. I feel really ripped off by this game. ME 1 was much better.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jul 4, 09 5:10 PM
GottaBeMe2 wrote:I just purchased Magic Encyc Moonlight. I got up to the Fire Worshippers Temple and it's telling me I haven't found all the jewels. I've started this game TWICE now and I KNOW I've found all the gems so far. Now I'm stuck and it won't let me play any farther. Any idea what I'm doing wrong???

Go back to the map by clicking on the globe/thingy in the upper right of the screen. There will be a blue gem in the areas where there are still gems to find. After that, there's one short scene and then the game is over.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jul 4, 09 5:11 PM
uwflossi wrote:
uwflossi wrote:Hello all. First of all thank you for your hard work on 4th of July. I life in Germany but I know that day is (one of) your biggest days. and: nobody is hurted. Thanks God

I forgot: I have a fly in my inventory.

The fly is for when you get inside the hut. Maybe you clicked on the wrong place to give the milk to the monkey? He should just disappear when you give it to him.

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Jul 4, 09 5:12 PM
I downloaded the game, now I better get to playing to see how it is, I hear good things, so I am hoping for a fun game!

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Jul 4, 09 5:25 PM
Thank you BinLa. So I will try this chapter again. Now I have to go to bed. It is 2:30 morning in Germany. but this game is so exciting. N8 Brigitte

vjones
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by vjones on Jul 4, 09 5:57 PM
I am having issues with the monkey too. I gave him the milk and he went away. I then went to one of the other locations to get pieces and when I try to go back the monkey is back blocking the door. The milk and coconut are gone, so I have no idea how to get back in. I am thinking of restarting the game.

Corie60
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

[Post New]by Corie60 on Jul 4, 09 6:25 PM
LoveMyBichons wrote:Poodlebear wrote: "Way I figure it is if they offfered a Detective Felix pewter keychain for $7 would I buy it? Yes. For more than that? No, probably not. Would I buy strictly junk for the promo? No. So I buy the games I would buy anyway and this week (and last) has had some wonderful ones.

My *only* expense for entertainment is this, collecting dolls (which has slowed considerably), a couple MMOs, and Netflix. My husband works a blue collar job and has had his hours cut back to 35 a week and I am on Social Security because I've been disabled all my life but managed to work 15+ years before it became too severe to work so we by no means are anything but standard middle class, on the low end at that, according to charts I've seen. BUT we are extremely careful with our money, carry no consumer debt *ever* (cards are never used beyond what can be paid comfortably each month) beyond our mortgage and my accesible van we had to purchase last Summer when I could no longer transfer to the car. Working hard for many years, careful planning, wise spending and saving and a quiet life have allowed me this indulgence. If I get a keychain too than coooooool"

Your life and attitudes as posted are almost a mirror reflection of mine! Like you: debt free, no mortage (lucky enough to have paid it off this year! ), smart savings and good money management allows me to spend $30 or so a month for games. I don't do $5 coffee at Starbucks or wear designer clothes. Being physically challenged, these games are a great source of entertainment that keeps me from dieing in front of the TV!

EDIT: Boy I messed up this post lol. Had to edit to put my thoughts in. Just wanted to chime in that I am in about the same position (still have mortgage), but disabled and would go nuts with the TV all day. And Poodlebear I worked as long as possible till the doc said "no more" and do everything possible to fight the boredom. Also have two BICHONS and Lovemybichons too!!

Corie

Edited on 07/04/2009 at 6:29:54 PM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jul 4, 09 6:35 PM
That's a Baaad Monkey! I don't know what the solution is but i hope someone figures it out. Maybe it has something to do with finding gems? It didn't happene to me fortunately but i am sure to have a stopper somewhere as I am prety certain I have no found all the gems.

In the first game I had to go back to some locations to get gems before I could finish. This game is so much like the original that it almost looks like it is just a redress of that one. I still like it! Am I nuts? Don't answer that!

[Post New]by selkirksam on Jul 4, 09 6:42 PM
We are also having trouble with the monkey at the Pearl Diver's Hut. We gave him the milk in the bowl but he is still in the doorway. He never disppeared. He does not make noise. We have the fly in inventory also. How do we get into the hut?

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jul 4, 09 6:47 PM
Are the people who are experiencing the problem with the monkey, have XP on their system? I had issues with the game when I played it with XP, restarting the game did not help. I was only able to get past it once I played the game with my Vista computer.

I would suggest that everyone that is having trouble with this issue that they report it to customer service on Monday once they open back up.

Thanks,

Margie B

Go to: