lindseyy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:nancy drew ransom of the seven ships

[Post New]by lindseyy on Jul 19, 09 10:10 AM
Yay! Except... I work all day tomorrow and I'll be anxious to play it all day. Hmm... maybe I'll start the download in the morning before work and then play it as soon as I get home.
ND games usually take about an hour to download on my computer.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jul 19, 09 10:31 AM
Already bought it direct but in future wont LOL I should have waited the few days - just too eager - if the game was great I would not mind but this was the worst Nancy game I ever played and I am a HUGE fan.

I guess the games not all suited to everyone and this one was not suited to me for sure.

Buying from BF not much to lose though for the price so ....

picman050967
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,226 Posts

nancy drew ransom of the seven ships

[Post New]by picman050967 on Jul 19, 09 10:35 AM
picman050967 wrote:
ranjen wrote:Any ideas when BFG will get this game?

Monday it is the TGT release. The strategy guide is out but the game cannot be downloaded until it is officially released.

Picman

The Strategy guide was not supposed to be released until the game is on Monday, but someone jumped the gun. Mudrock will get a good fin-slapping for this .

Sorry for the confusion.

Picman

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

nancy drew ransom of the seven ships

[Post New]by Rose427 on Jul 19, 09 10:42 AM
picman050967 wrote:
ranjen wrote:Any ideas when BFG will get this game?

Monday it is the TGT release. The strategy guide is out but the game cannot be downloaded until it is officially released.

Picman

Yippee! So like around 3 a.m. EST I should be able to install!

I am not sure if I will actually be awake at that time, but hey it's tomorrow!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jul 19, 09 10:43 AM
Nooo- don't slap mudrock for that-
slap him for not telling us all the good games coming up - but not for the strategy guide mistake!

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jul 19, 09 11:07 AM
For those who like wall-to-wall puzzles (some of them timed), little character interaction, and a lot of top-down perspective with a lot of to'ing and fro'ing, I believe that you will truly enjoy this game. For me, the game was too difficult and I found myself looking at the walkthrough frequently. I'm not sorry I played the game and perhaps if/when I develop a better brain than the one I currently possess, I will feel more kindly disposed towards Ransom of the Seven Ships.

Picman, make sure those are gentle fin slaps---we like Mudrock.

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Jul 19, 09 11:15 AM
So I know what I will be playing tomorrow morning, or afternoon, and maybe some on Tuesday...

Wait........... tomorrow Monday not next week Monday right????

Don't be too harsh on Mudrock

Mudrock

cazzabee
Salmon
Salmon
2,575 Posts

[Post New]by cazzabee on Jul 19, 09 11:52 AM
Howatch wrote:The same person has done Nancy's voice for all of the games. The voice actress has done a lot of voice work for other computer games, too. Go to Wikipedia and type in Lani Minella and you will see a list of games she has done voiceovers for---it's a very long list.

Not a fan of Nancy Drew but after looking at her Wikipedia i'm glad to see there is another Professor Layton due out this year for the DS!!

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Jul 19, 09 3:18 PM
Never heard of Professor Layton, will go check soon

T-Minus 9 hours... I think

lindseyy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by lindseyy on Jul 19, 09 4:06 PM
Yes! Until then I am playing the trial versions of a couple of games...seeing if anything sparks my interest.

nita797
Herring
Herring
371 Posts

[Post New]by nita797 on Jul 19, 09 4:14 PM
Just to let everyone know from experience with bfg. Nancy drew usually does not end up on bfg until about a week after it release give or take. So its been about five days so hopefully it will be here shortly. These games have been out for years and they have a large following besides us fishies.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jul 19, 09 4:32 PM
nita797 wrote:Just to let everyone know from experience with bfg. Nancy drew usually does not end up on bfg until about a week after it release give or take. So its been about five days so hopefully it will be here shortly. These games have been out for years and they have a large following besides us fishies.

Picman has stated that Ransom will be the TGT for Monday, which means we should see it on Big Fish at midnight tonight Pacific Standard Time.

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Jul 19, 09 4:35 PM
I hope Picman is right, and hopefully Barb isn't a Nancy Drew fan

azjmarie
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by azjmarie on Jul 19, 09 5:03 PM
oh no! I'm so disappointed to hear all the negative reviews.

My favs are Phantom of Venice and Castle Malloy. But I admit I need help from walkthroughs more often than not.

I'm playing the Scarlet Hand, but not enjoying it as much as others. Now I need to decide - to download or not?

lindseyy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by lindseyy on Jul 19, 09 5:26 PM
I admit, I usually need help from walkthroughs too. I get stuck and frustrated with these games... but I still find them fun. I think most people are just saying that Ransom is more difficult then the other games but not necissarily bad.

monkeyface881
Manatee
Manatee
4,138 Posts

[Post New]by monkeyface881 on Jul 20, 09 2:15 AM
Thanks for all your info guys I am currently downloading it now! ooh so exciting! 5% so far! haha! good thing i'm going out now so by the time i get back it should be fully loaded!
Its a shame to hear some of you didnt enjoy it, I am a huge fan of the nancy drew games, I just hope this one lives up to my expectations! admittedly I also use a walkthrough from time to time, not so much now as since playing most the games i have developed an understanding of how some puzzles work!
good luck to all of you who are going to play nancy drew ransom of the seven ships! and to those who didnt enjoy it, i hope something good comes along to you soon!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jul 20, 09 2:44 AM
lindseyy wrote: I think most people are just saying that Ransom is more difficult then the other games but not necissarily bad.

Yes that sums it up pretty much.
I guess when you are a huge Nancy fan and have all the games and played them all over and over you have expectactions. Having to constantly look at a walkthrough takes away my enjoyment of the game I guess. I would also not like it if it was too easy! All the other Nancys have seemed just right to me but this one was unexpectedly severe at times I thought.

I think it is great they make ND games for all levels of play. This game to me is the hardest one I ever come across and doubt I could ever play the game without a walkthrough for some of the timed puzzles. Even after playing it through once and knowing how to do those timed puzzles I would never be quick enough I do not think. I have seen folks post it was the easiest game to them so perhaps my skills at games do not suit this Nancy Drew.

I hope everyone enjoys it and look forward to reading what everyone thinks about the game once they have played the entire game through once and how they compare it to the past games.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jul 20, 09 3:01 AM
Timed Puzzles = No Sale. At least with HOGs you know up front if there's a timer.

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Jul 20, 09 6:17 AM
It's downloading now!!!

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on Jul 20, 09 7:08 AM
I am a ND fan, but I simply have to have a walkthrough (my crutch or 'walker'). It doesn't dim the 'adventure' for me. I love walking around Italy, Paris, Hawaii, Scotland, or wherever Nancy takes me. I'm stuck in the lab getting blown up in Castle Malloy and I'm stuck playing Scopa in Italy. And I never finished the car chase in Secret of the Old Clock. Oh, and I still can't get through the fox and the geese in White wolf. (I'm pretty pathetic aren't I?) I just don't want to run 'into a wall' in this game. That's why I'm dragging my heels about buying. But I Looooove Nancy Drew!

Go to: