lvthegames
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 2 here.

[Post New]by lvthegames on Jul 3, 15 12:35 PM
Having download problems same as others. I have the first cruise game and love it...this one just won't start. I have windows/vista and it is an old Dell but I have a huge amount of games that I enjoy playing. Can you help with this?

[Post New]by black150 on Jul 3, 15 3:01 PM
Vacation Cruise 2 downloaded fine.
When I attempted to play, it well not play.
PC Windows vista.
purchased with club credit.

[Post New]by hmorg06 on Jul 3, 15 4:46 PM
Just tried to play the game again and still won't play. Uninstalled and reinstalled game but, it seems like it down loaded but, won't open to play the game. Frustrating when you buy a game and can't play it. Waiting for Tech Support to answer my email with an answer. Now they have a deal to buy one game and get one free that is great if you can play the games you purchase. Heather

Edited on 07/03/2015 at 4:47:33 PM PST

Downu
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Downu on Jul 4, 15 12:37 AM
Same deal here. I brought the game & it wont start. A dos box pops up & then nothing.
I do hope you will refund my game credit. I have over 100 games from Big fish. I dont want to make this the last.

gertie23
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by gertie23 on Jul 4, 15 1:30 PM
BIG FISH YOU SU*K! WHY CAN'T YOU FIX THE OBVIOUSLY HUGE PROBLEM WITH THIS GAME??? THIS IS THE SECOND GAME TODAY THAT I CANNOT PLAY!

[Post New]by delynn319 on Jul 4, 15 4:28 PM
Cannot play this game. when I hit install it opens another window (which usually never happens) but then it closes closes quickly and I get the screen that says thanks for playing the game??? Already paid for this program and really was looking forward to playing something that didn't have such an evil, dark story...

[Post New]by birtmr on Jul 4, 15 6:08 PM
No answers since the 7/1, guess they got the holiday off! Same problem as everyone else, game won't start. Re-installed numerous times. Windows XP. This really sucks.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Jul 4, 15 7:51 PM
Have Windows XP updated. This version won't run, opens a black window (dos) and then closes and goes back to game manager.
Loaded and played the version 1 which also said a more recent version of Runtime libraries was present? Do the designers design for a past version of these runtime libraries and not have a check for up to date versions.
The first version played OK.
Cannot even get a start with number 2
Crash log appears in program files which says:
S3E runtime Crashlog
--------------------

System Information:

SDK Version : 7.8.0 [435436] (S3E ABI v4.40.0)
OS Version : Windows 5.1 (5.1)
Device ID : Windows Desktop (2)
Device Class : (3000)

Crash Information:

Memory exception (11) attempting to access: 00000000 [ip=0195421E]

So this game has serious bugs. It will run on Windows 7 laptop.

Edited on 07/04/2015 at 7:53:13 PM PST

[Post New]by Diddle_63 on Jul 4, 15 11:23 PM
88blyth wrote:same problem here, avast is blocking the game, no problem with the first game, downloads fine but will not play...HELP

i have even unintsalled and re installed game manager to see if that helps, but it did not
using windows 7

[Post New]by mebanta on Jul 5, 15 5:49 AM
paid for game been member for years game will not load and start i have vista pc pLEASE TELL ME HOW TO FIX THIS OR REFUND MY MONEY DISCUSSED WITH BIG FISH FOR THIS

Same problems as those who have written

[Post New]by libragirl44 on Jul 5, 15 12:27 PM
Game downloads, but cannot be opened or played. I have Vista, never
had any problems with BG games before. This has happened on two computers,
one desktop and one laptop, both with Vista. I will try one more time to uninstall and reinstall, then I'm giving up!

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Jul 5, 15 2:11 PM
Interesting that the game claims to be compatible with XP and Vista yet seems to have problems mainly with those systems.
One suggestion has been mentioned as being with Avast Virus protection, but I have AVG .
Will try and turn that off and disconnect from internet and see if that helps.
Just an enquiry, does Bigfish maintain computers with the different versions of Windows on it and test the games on those versions.
At this stage Bigfish should have about 6 different (or similar computers) with versions of Windows matching XP, Vista, Win7, Win 8.0, Win 8.1, and soon Win 10.
They should also be testing on all those computers.

raindear82
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by raindear82 on Jul 5, 15 2:48 PM
When I downloaded and tried to play, I got a bouncy screen. It looked like an old home movie pulled too tight. It was a nightmare to get out of the game to uninstall. Then I reinstalled. The same thing happened again, but when I got to the start screen I was able to change the options to a windowed screen. On a windowed screen it works properly. I would like it to work on full screen, so I am going to see if the techs can help me to make it work properly, but I think I will buy it anyway.

katelynn58
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Application cannot open - Memory Exception

[Post New]by katelynn58 on Jul 5, 15 6:42 PM
I also am running Windows Vista. Tried re-installing 3 times. Tried running as Administrator. Tried adding it to Anti-Virus Exceptions, both application file and the Launch file. Nothing worked.

Not able to launch from the Game Manager, I have also tried launching the program from both of those application files, Again, nothing worked.

Looking in the Programs Folder for Adventures: Cruise Director 2, each time I try to launch the program a new crash log text document is time-stamped with the following message:

S3E runtime Crashlog
--------------------

System Information:

SDK Version : 7.8.0 [435436] (S3E ABI v4.40.0)
OS Version : Windows 6.0 (6.0)
Device ID : Windows Desktop (2)
Device Class : (3000)

Crash Information:

Memory exception (11) attempting to access: 00000000 [ip=64DD421E]

So, it definitely seems to be a Memory Access Violation. Maybe this will help in solving the problem....Thank you.

[Post New]by chansen on Jul 6, 15 11:57 AM
Same thing as everyone else. Would like a fix please since already purchased with game credit. Help???

katelynn58
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by katelynn58 on Jul 7, 15 12:43 PM
Big Fish,

Can we at least hear from you in this forum as to what the plan is? Is there any progress towards a fix, or should we all request our refunds?

It would just be nice to know you are listening.

Thank you,

[Post New]by dllock on Jul 7, 15 7:01 PM
I have installed and reinstalled and I still can not play the game. I am using windows vista

[Post New]by dhaddaway on Jul 7, 15 7:58 PM
Game downloads but can't play it. Tried everything in BF help information. Installed, uninstalled, downloaded again etc. Please send update to correct issues ASAP!!

[Post New]by book7175 on Jul 8, 15 8:08 AM
Same issue as everyone else. Game installs but I get a black pop-up box, then a blank screen and then brings me back to Game manager. I'm running it on Vista.

[Post New]by angelmema1954 on Jul 8, 15 12:57 PM
julz4u wrote:Downloaded the game using Windows Vista and Google Chrome. It will not play. When I click "play," a small box flashes up for a second and then disappears but not game opens.

Meanwhile, my purchased games in my queue are deactivating one by one. What's up with this?

Go to: