Re:Welcome to Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine forum

[Post New]by ka618388 on Jul 11, 09 6:14 AM
[i][b]
saila72 wrote:Now download!
can't fix the tripod. Any hints?

[Post New]by candleofhope on Jul 11, 09 6:15 AM
dummy me i'm stuck on how to fix the tripod...gees...don't have anything to fix it with...so does that mean I missed something in the other screens to fix it...

[Post New]by pattijean13 on Jul 11, 09 6:16 AM
Help - I cannot get the amulet on the bear totem.

ren62j
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by ren62j on Jul 11, 09 6:30 AM
in the wolfs den is the broken leg for the tripod. take that to the river and fix the tripod on the grass. put the pendant on it. collect the blood on the rocks in the empty beaker.

go back to the bar

barb567
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by barb567 on Jul 11, 09 6:41 AM
it must be fixed because i've downloaded it and i am having no problems playing it. because in the past if there was a problem with a game my computer always gave me problems

barb567
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by barb567 on Jul 11, 09 6:44 AM
candleofhope wrote:dummy me i'm stuck on how to fix the tripod...gees...don't have anything to fix it with...so does that mean I missed something in the other screens to fix it...
there should be 3 sticks. you should have found one because the other 2 were laying on the ground at the crime scene. then you just pick up the stick in your inventory and click it on them

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Jul 11, 09 6:56 AM
Can anyone post a personal review here who has played more than an hour of the game? (Ex: timer? Quality of game, puzzle types, interaction etc?) I know Poodlebear usually does..

Thanks,

Don

[Post New]by annieoldfield1 on Jul 11, 09 7:03 AM
I can't get past mixing the blood etc. - it has turned orange, I lit the bunsen burner but what next???

dorish2
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by dorish2 on Jul 11, 09 7:11 AM
pattijean13 wrote:Help - I cannot get the amulet on the bear totem.

Neither can i. When I click on hint, it keeps pointing to the bear, but the amulet will not go on.

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Jul 11, 09 7:14 AM
I have been waiting for this game for along time. now when I started 2 download it it stopped at 38 percent I went out of area and went back in and hit download and it downloaded the whole game and I can play it now the only problem I find is the mouse pointer is a tad flighty but will play game anyway

[Post New]by peachbird76 on Jul 11, 09 7:15 AM
I've just completed the game and it took about 3 to 4 hours. I found it fun and challenging in parts. Some of the mini puzzles were hard but you can skip them. I didn't have any problems such as those mentioned.

dorish2
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by dorish2 on Jul 11, 09 7:18 AM
Just realised the amulet is not the bear's necklace. You have to go back to the teepee to find the necklace.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Jul 11, 09 7:24 AM
Morning, everybody! This game sounds very good, but reading all the posts, I think I will wait until all glitches are fixed. Hope it is soon.

SKYEBLUETOO
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by SKYEBLUETOO on Jul 11, 09 7:59 AM
Game downloaded and is working just fine for me. Up to level 4.
Like it a lot, you can use hints if you are really stuck and a couple of mini games are hard, but overall - GREAT GAME.
If you are stuck try going back to other locations and look for the "sparkles" to get into another HOb. screen. Generally that gives you the item(s) you need to proceed.
GL - enjoy

20TN40
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by 20TN40 on Jul 11, 09 8:39 AM
DonnyDJ wrote:Can anyone post a personal review here who has played more than an hour of the game? (Ex: timer? Quality of game, puzzle types, interaction etc?) I know Poodlebear usually does..

Thanks,

Don

Donny, until Poodlebear shows up, how bout me? lol There are no timers thank goodness! The mini game puzzles have varied so far from fairly easy to "holy cow, what do I do!" however clicking on the help button usually explains the puzzle pretty well.........or you can skip them. The skip has to refill after you use it so you may have to work on the next puzzle a little before you can skip it.

I'm loving the game! Graphics are spectacular and the objects are hidden very well. I haven't had to use a magnifying glass to find them and I haven't had to try to click around in dark areas to find something. There is really no interaction with other characters such as having to talk to them to get clues. There is a short skipable story right before you start to find the next of the nine mysterious items.

I've played a little over two hours and have found 4 of the 9 but I've had to skip two of the mini games because on one of them after about 5 tries, I still had not beaten the guy to 36 (I'll skip the details!) and I worked about 20 minutes on trying to reassemble the phoenix looking necklace and I wasn't having any luck. But it appears that there is probably an option to just play the mini games (could be the "puzzles" option where you sign in to the game) and if so, I'll give those another shot later.

[Post New]by fresco_w on Jul 11, 09 9:06 AM
where is the rune scroll?

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jul 11, 09 9:09 AM
fresco_w wrote:where is the rune scroll?

Fresco

You will receive the rune scroll after you open the secret niche in the Wolf's Lair and you click on the symbols on the left side of the wall in the correct order.

Margie B

Edited on 07/11/2009 at 9:09:47 AM PST

Patty60
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by Patty60 on Jul 11, 09 9:23 AM
annieoldfield1 wrote:I can't get past mixing the blood etc. - it has turned orange, I lit the bunsen burner but what next???

I'm stuck in the same place. I have mixed three different colors, both of the distilling beakers are filled, I have kindled flames under both of them but nothing is happening. I have three different colors, the right one shows as "human essence", the one in the middle shows as "essences of werewolf" and the left one shows as 'beaker'.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jul 11, 09 9:44 AM
Patty60 wrote:
annieoldfield1 wrote:I can't get past mixing the blood etc. - it has turned orange, I lit the bunsen burner but what next???

I'm stuck in the same place. I have mixed three different colors, both of the distilling beakers are filled, I have kindled flames under both of them but nothing is happening. I have three different colors, the right one shows as "human essence", the one in the middle shows as "essences of werewolf" and the left one shows as 'beaker'.

Hi Patty 60

Make sure you reset the puzzle before you enter the combination..I believe the combination is:

FIRST CURE

Click Green 1 time

Click Red 4 Times

( If that doesn't work, add 1 blue to the combination above)

SPOILER... These are the rest of the combinations....

SECOND CURE....

3 GREEN
4 RED
1 BLUE

THIRD CURE...

4 GREEN
4 RED
1 BLUE

Margie B

tonic12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish