Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

Re:Kuros comments and reviews/Help

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Aug 4, 09 6:04 AM
jett8238 wrote:I,m at the metal glypstone, trying to figure it out. I put the right markings on but nothing happen, supposed to be transported

This thread is for comments and reviews only.

Chaorite
Clownfish
Clownfish
940 Posts

Re:Kuros comments and reviews

[Post New]by Chaorite on Aug 16, 09 2:18 AM
I loved this game! Beautiful graphics and music. Challenging puzzles (especially the glyphstones) but not too hard. No annoying list of objects to find that made no sense to the storyline. Best of all it occupied hours and hours of my time in a way that was relaxing and fun.

I have only two complaints - firstly the "back" arrows are a little too sensiitve so in searching for map fragments, I kept bouncing out of the scene and having to re-enter. It got a bit frustrating after a while.

Secondly, the voice talent was terrible. Sorry but those American accents need to be flattened out to be broader and more generic. This is especially true of the guy who tried to do a Scottish accent - and failed miserably.

Sometimes soft and general is best when you're appealing to a global audience.

But I give it a 4 1/2 out of 5

Lenelle
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Lenelle on Aug 24, 09 12:56 AM
Kuros is a brake after going through the 3 Dream Chronicles. It is just like judges, after a large case they mentally need to have a small case to relax. That is what Kuros is. I have enjoyed it, I only hope more people will have the time to challenge it too.

Whopper_Whale
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Whopper_Whale on Aug 24, 09 9:45 AM
One word: AWESOME!!! Reasons: 1.Not a lot of locations to get lost around. 2.Great Storyline. 3.Challenging. 4.Characters were amusing (some funny). And reason #5 is; NEVER BORING!! Worth more in my opinion.

kayruiz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by kayruiz on Aug 25, 09 10:23 AM
I LOVED IT!
Kuros is one of the best games I've played. I was really suprised at the son Vicktor, nice twist.
I found that the hints were few and far between but as I played through I realized that in other games, when you have a lot of hints you start using them as a crutch. This game makes you really think. then once you figure out a puzzle (and you will) you are so proud that you figured it out without hints.
Graphis were great and the different lands, each one better that the last.
Thanks Sandlot and BF for a very intriguing and fun game. Can't wait for the sequel.
By the way...TS Magic Canvass is a great game too but much shorter. I prefer Kuros.

[Post New]by gmashari on Sep 3, 09 2:30 AM
[b]Did the 1-hour 'sampler' then bought the game; I like it! One problem: in the wizard's tree, did the music and opened the window, got the maps but one. Had to look through the telescope to get the last one and can't! Telescope won't respond. So, I don't have the last map piece and can't go forward...help?

Dancing_Cat
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by Dancing_Cat on Sep 5, 09 4:50 AM
bribling wrote:
I am on the fence about purchasing this. I would love to finish the game. At the same time I am annoyed by some of the game play. Often your only option to find an item is just to click endlessly until you stumble upon it. Many times you never see the object until you click on it.

Hints are few and far between but they do exist. You get one Hint at a time and after you use it, you are unlikely to find another in the same scene.

It is an interesting game but is often frustrating/annoying for me which makes me hesitate to buy it. At the same time, I want to see it through to the end. What to do?

I feel the same way about the virtually invisible hidden objects and the scarcity of hints but I'm enjoying the story and the characters and I would like to see how it finishes. I'm even getting used to her accent It's on my To Buy list

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Sep 7, 09 9:41 PM
I hated the main character's voice so much that I stopped the demo and deleted the game after about five minutes. I was really looking forward to it, too, since so many were comparing Drawn and Dream Chronicles (etc.) to Kuros. But that grating voice -- nope.

gamer_girl_09
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by gamer_girl_09 on Sep 28, 09 5:40 PM
I'm downloading the trial now since everyone seems to have atleast something good to say about it.

The one pic in the screenshots reminds me of Syberi's graphics, hope it's as good a game.

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Oct 21, 09 6:17 AM
Nothing compare to Dreams chronicles or Pahelica, it's a very good game, and I found his solving puzzles quite difficult, though I have not looked up at the walkthrought once, surely it's worthy to get it!!! But I am just a seahorse, still, so I am limited, anyway happy game!!!

Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on Nov 30, 09 7:28 PM
I was about half way through this before I had made up my mind whether I liked it or not but I did like it very much.

The character's voice - or maybe lack of expression - was annoying though. She was just so cheerful about everything

I have tried the demos for all the Dream Chronicles and didn't like any of them. DD made it a little further than I did in the demo before becoming frustrated. They are beautiful but so slow that I was bored.

A hint or two wouldn't have been amiss in Kuros though. I remember finding myself standing in front of a rock and having no idea what to do (I'd missed one of whatever you collect - it's been awhile). I caught on though and only resorted to a walkthrough about 2x. I loved Pahelika: Secret Legends too.

[Post New]by ceeecee2 on Jan 13, 10 11:22 PM
cry5tal wrote:I really liked this game. Graphics were good and the storyline was nice. I just think that it was a little short but Sandlot did not disappoint with this game!

[Post New]by ceeecee2 on Jan 13, 10 11:24 PM
I HAVE PLAYED THE MUSIC IN THE TREE A DOZEN TIMES BUT THE DOORS WON'T OPEN.... WHAT AM I DOING WRONG????

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Feb 15, 10 11:16 AM
Played half an hour of the demo. Very nice graphics but I agree that the character's voice was grating and annoying. But more than that I just found the gameplay lame, somehow. I don't really know why, I was just bored, and uninterested.

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Feb 25, 10 5:15 PM
This is one of the MOST FRUSTRATING games we've ever encountered! Since we found only 3 HINTS for the entire game, we had to use the Walkthrough Blog 50% of the time. Why the design with no hints? I hope Sandlot games will make some needed changes. The graphics, story line, and music were acceptable, but when one has to depend on the Blog to get through a game, it takes extra time and creates frustration for the players. It was a poor decision to purchase the game.

sassybee
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by sassybee on Mar 28, 10 1:20 AM
Everyone has already mentioned what I wanted to say so I'll keep it short. Pretty good game. Loved graphics and immersion in the music, all just right. The storyline is really original and gets you interested. PS: the main character never did find out who she was nor her standing in the worlds at the end. Katya (we, the players) needs to know about herself. Hint, no more amnesia, please.

The only thing I would complain about is hiding items in the dark which made me click like crazy all over different scenes trying to find a particular item. Since you're unsure which location the missing item is in, you're reduced to way too many wayward clicks. That's just not right, developers! Very frustrating, not enjoyable at all.

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on May 27, 10 12:42 PM
Beautiful Game! Graphics are wonderful, the world is great, I will keep playing.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Aug 24, 10 8:03 PM
I bought Dept 42 mystery of the nines.... I think this one is right on par with it...I haven't played it in awhile now so maybe I will go back try it again and then think about whether this one is worth my $7. or not...I did like it but got stuck at the alter where you have to break the stones to find the pieces to open the door. Don't know how far this is in the game but I did this much in 56 min.s willl check out the walk thru too I guess. All in all a very enjoyable game. I do not rate this as a beginner game at all - I have been playing some kind of puzzle/ihog games everyday for years and found this game to be a bit of a challenge.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

Review for 2010

[Post New]by bratzgram on Oct 12, 10 2:06 PM
I see that it has been a year since anyone has reviewed Kuros. I just stumbled across it and bought it just from the reviews I had read. I really liked the game but you better not have anything against keeping the walk through handy. The only hints are one you earn by finding them and there are very few of those. It is very trying at times. The art work is fabulous and the puzzles challenging. It was worth the cost for me. The length was great and I had a good time even if I did keep flipping from game to walk through

bluecat434
Clownfish
Clownfish
858 Posts

[Post New]by bluecat434 on Dec 7, 10 7:02 PM
i don't know. maybe i'll see how i feel about this one on replay. i got it because a review at another casual game site seemed to classify it primarily as an adventure game with some HOG elements. i think i've spent 90% of my time with it searching for hidden objects, 10% on puzzles and mini-games.

i wouldn't mind this so much, but i'm finding that the objects i need to search for are often largely invisible---though should probably add that i'm playing on a laptop, thus my screen is relatively small. the hint system is minimal, which means endless scouring, returning to scenes repeatedly just to find the tenth flower or seed or crystal (and all of those map pieces, oy!)

i don't remind returning to previously visited scenes if i've missed something that might help me complete a puzzle. but this is looking for things just to be looking for them, it seems to me.

the graphics are interesting, though, and it's a good concept for a game---slightly like the DC series in theme. in terms of actual gameplay---it seems a different story. the DC puzzles made up for all that search for similar items, and there were generally fewer searches in-between puzzles/mini-games.

in this one---object search after object search---at least so far.

Edited on 12/07/2010 at 7:04:06 PM PST

Go to: