LP8385
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Youda Sushi Chef comments and reviews

[Post New]by LP8385 on Feb 3, 10 8:18 PM
The game installs fine, but when I run it, it doesn't let me type to enter a name, so it wont let me go past the first screen. My keyboard works fine, and works on other games. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks!

[Post New]by sam1241 on Apr 29, 10 2:55 AM
I have always loved Time Management game, and this one is really the great one. I am enjoying playing it.

[Post New]by crazy_jack on Jul 15, 10 12:36 AM
Youda Sushi Chef is a nice game with good graphic. Enjoying to play it.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Aug 1, 10 8:44 AM
Finally got around to trying this game. It is a nice & unique concept and is quite involved (as often is the case for Youda games - which is a good thing!)

The game is certainly fun but very taxing. Maybe the fact I've never had sushi in my life is part of the problem, maybe I've not had enough coffee this morning, maybe I have too much of a short term memory but I found real difficulty in remembering the recipes. I kept having to refer over and over and over again to the recipe book. Even when I would have the customers fed & happy enough, I would fail the level (this is only on LEVEL THREE!). LOL I am an experienced (and pretty good, I might add!) TM player but this was just too much for me to cope with. The fact that you are constantly running out of ingredients and having to phone them in and wait for them makes the game all that much difficult.

I think this is a quality game but this is definitely a taxing one on the brain. I would say this one is for sushi lovers, TM'ers who want a serious challenge, or those who don't mind having to replay a level over and over until you have enough money for the upgrades (some of which, such as the digital phone which lets you order 3 ingredients at a time instead of 1) are well worth it and make the game much easier.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Aug 13, 10 8:32 AM
I love this game! I forced myself not to buy it when it came out because I have so many of these food time management games. But now that it's a daily deal, I have to get it! I'm so glad I waited. It gets disheartening when all the daily deals and the weekly game I've already bought. I highly recommend this one, especially if you love sushi, which I do!

[Post New]by danakscully64 on Aug 21, 10 3:00 PM
This is one of my favorite TM games.

Pros:
-Faster in the later levels of the restaurants (I love fast games, I bore easily)
-Rolls change (creates more of a challenge)
-Love the music
-Makes me hungry (for sushi)
-It's cool that you can name the restaurants (although the character limit is short)

Cons:
-Starts slow
-Every time you open a new restaurant, you have to start over and buy the same stuff over again
-Sometimes when you click on a food item, it doesn't end up on the mat.
-When you get the combos, it slows down everything, especially the rolling mat (my #1 pet peeve).
-If someone sits down to the left of someone and orders the same thing, they will take the food (not really a con, creates a challenge and might irritate some)
-Once you beat the game, you can only replay the last level

Glitches:
-Sometimes someone will sit down and within a few seconds, they leave, having not eaten a thing.
-The 3+ dishes combo doesn't give you money, I'm not sure if this is a glitch, but it seems like it since the other 2 combo's do.

Tips: The faster you get rid of the plates, the more people you can serve. If you're trying to serve more people and get a higher score, don't take reservations or To go orders in the later levels (like the very last one). Also, when you do take reservations, try to seat them to the far left, that way people who sit down beside them can't take the food they order. The other people in the party will wait there, taking up space, even when they're done if they're waiting on someone else to eat.

It takes a while to get the rhythm down. I have a pretty good memory and had no problems memorizing the rolls. Same goes for the ordering, it takes time to get the hang of.

Even with the number of cons, they're not deal breakers for me. I give this game 8/10.

Edited on 08/21/2010 at 3:04:40 PM PST

majicbird
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by majicbird on Dec 4, 10 12:36 AM
I really like this game!! A lot of memory skills needed at first, but if you play the whole game several times, it becomes very easy! Love the graphics, and that you get to name your own restaurants. Please make more like this game!

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 23, 11 3:49 PM
Graphics – 2.5 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 2.75 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

[Post New]by MossyWoosy on Aug 21, 11 7:07 AM
It's very simple but it's totally fun to play!
And I love the fact that it constantly challenges my memory skills and my concentration with all the orders coming in XD

giving it a out of 5

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Feb 20, 12 1:08 AM
Wow everyone was talking about the memory thing.....heres my issue:
I had had brain surgery a few years back & since then, my shiort term memory has been impaired. (They call me 50 for a nickname. A. because my first name is all difficult to pronounce, and B. as in the movie 50 First Dates - cuz I have CRS lol)....so just to give you an idea.
BUT....since I've had this issue I have had nothing but time on my hands & hence have played a bazillion computer games. Usually time management and I really have had no problems somehow....UNTIL lol until I came across this one. (Oh, and like someone else said, I often do play with sticky notes up or whatever if I enjoy a game enough to care enough to do so. I'm talking about the virtual kind on the main screen of my computer....)
With this game oh man oh man I'm so disappointed! Because I had just demo'd one other Youda game but did not like it at all (Safari. It was awful) and I normally love these.
This game wasnt even bad at all, it was just HARD!!!! I hope I've not convinced anyone that I cant remember anything at all, because I do manage by using things such as my iphone or whatever in daily life but for Youda Sushi Chef there were so many recipes to remember omg I was overwhelmed.
And you'd think it'd be simple - Ah I just thought of one thing that threw me off. I thought that the word for rice was......something else. But in the game, I'd be reading off the ingredients to myself & for rice,they'd call it sushi. And that just added to my confusion each time.
The customers hated me lol. My restaurant went belly up faster than you can say rotten fish.

Go to: