Karel_LGC
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Zulu's Zoo coments and reviews

[Post New]by Karel_LGC on Jul 15, 09 9:44 AM
bribling wrote:Karel, thank you for coming to the Forum! This is a wonderful first for you! It is innovative and beautiful. I have been on the fence about it because I find it very difficult to find the animals. Now I find that I wish I could play some more. So, yes, I think I will buy it with a credit. I am not sure how far I will be able to get but it is a game that I want to own. The animations are clever and fun. I love the humor. Nicely done!

Great, we are very happy to hear that!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jul 15, 09 10:06 AM
Thanks for the support, Karel, but I can't find that monkey. Does it come and go? I'm still madly clicking over the tip area, but manybe there's a bug. I'm getting nowhere.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Jul 15, 09 10:10 AM
First off, Karel, I want to thank you for coming to the forums.

I want to say that I really enjoy this game. It is well put together and has cleverly, challenging hidden items. I don't think I've done a scene yet where I haven't had to use a hint. I'm playing with the kids though and they aren't as patient for one.....for two, when it's a demo I like to get a bit into it to see if it maintains my interest.

I want to add a thanks for a great game that doesn't have to do with murders and paranormal things. I don't mind some of those and I know they are great sellers. Just refreshing to have a change and something my children can enjoy with me.

Finished the demo and have purchased.

Karel_LGC
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Karel_LGC on Jul 15, 09 10:38 AM
vicalana wrote:Thanks for the support, Karel, but I can't find that monkey. Does it come and go? I'm still madly clicking over the tip area, but manybe there's a bug. I'm getting nowhere.

[URL removed by moderator]

there is a screenshot with all monkeys, let me know if it helps.

Edited on 07/15/2009 at 11:45:34 AM PST

Karel_LGC
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Karel_LGC on Jul 15, 09 10:43 AM
AnnBy wrote:First off, Karel, I want to thank you for coming to the forums.

I want to say that I really enjoy this game. It is well put together and has cleverly, challenging hidden items. I don't think I've done a scene yet where I haven't had to use a hint. I'm playing with the kids though and they aren't as patient for one.....for two, when it's a demo I like to get a bit into it to see if it maintains my interest.

I want to add a thanks for a great game that doesn't have to do with murders and paranormal things. I don't mind some of those and I know they are great sellers. Just refreshing to have a change and something my children can enjoy with me.

Finished the demo and have purchased.

Thank you very much, its very encouraging for our work!

Legendia
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Legendia on Jul 15, 09 10:54 AM
Sorry, but this game is not my cup of tea. Yes, the graphics are beautiful, & I love wildlife, but this game seems to be very childish in nature. Not only that, but many of the diets of animals are inaccurate. That compounded with the fact that the clues are endless makes it a bit dull. I imagine that this would be a great game for a parent to play with their child, but a child playing alone would have a rough go of it.

BTW: What gives with throwing a full paper back with recycling in it into a garbage can? What were the developers thinking?

ubydudy
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by ubydudy on Jul 15, 09 11:39 AM
Generally enjoyed the hour demo, but have a problem with clicking on hints
that don't give hints. Found all of the monkeys after a while, but used six hints
to find last scrap of paper; it always clicked on the same place and I clicked
every inch of that circle to no avail. And I clicked four times in the middle of
the star in the gator's mouth and it wouldn't give it up. I know that is just a
conversation piece cause I had no trouble with any of the other stars, but it
sure was irritating.

bfgEuphrates
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,152 Posts

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Jul 15, 09 11:46 AM
Hi Karel_LGC,

Just a heads up that I had to remove the URL from your post to go along with our Forum FAQ. Please be sure to only post URLs for one of our Big Fish Games sites in our forums. Thank you!

Happy gaming!

bfgEuphrates

pdebusk
Clownfish
Clownfish
745 Posts

[Post New]by pdebusk on Jul 15, 09 11:48 AM
This is indeed a lovely, challenging game - one which I will most likely purchase. I felt so stupid till I figured out the hint system, though. I was pulling my hair out because I could NOT for the life of me locate the final piece of trash. Then, I realized that the hint area is not the exact spot where the start lands, but within the circle of stars. Sheesh!

I like being able to learn a few things as I play!

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Jul 15, 09 12:35 PM
Here is silly's take:

Graphics: Sharp and clear. Not quite as breathtaking as other games, but still lovely to look at.
Sound: Okay. Some areas seemed to have no sounds, while in other areas the constant thump of the drums was driving me crazy.
Storyline: Cute.
Hidden Object areas: Untimed. Clever and difficult enough. I could have swore some things were disappearing/reappearing which made it more difficult. I had to use hints more than I am used to. didn't have any trouble with the match the food to the animal scene, but I concluded that the "chocolate looking" thing was meat. Descriptions of the food would have been helpful.
Hint: Very generous. Hints carry over from scene to scene so you can amass quite a few by finding all the stars in a scene. Gave a general area to look in by use of a circle, rather than pointing the object out directly, which I like. The only thing I wish it would do is count down the amount of hints you have left to find in a scene so I wouldn't go crazy looking for a star that wasn't even there.
Mini-game: Only ran across one (but I still have half hour left on the demo and will update this part later). The game I found was the match the pairs, which can actually be played any time for more hint stars. Seemed like the standard matching game, nothing new there.
Replayability: *shrug* don't know. I imagine the tasks would stay the same the second time around since it's not actually a list of objects to find, but tasks to do in each scene. So I don't think it has much replayability.
Overall Impression: Cute. Probably worth $6 but seems to be more "childish". ON the other hand, the hidden object scenes are a bit advanced for kids (especially the food one) and the objects are, at times, a little too well hidden for little ones. I think it's cute and well done, I just don't think it's my cup of tea. But if you are looking for a game to while away the time this might be worth a look.

Edited on 07/15/2009 at 12:36:38 PM PST

lvd04
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by lvd04 on Jul 15, 09 1:19 PM
The stars had me confused at first. When you click the hint, the star goes to the middle of the screen, but that's not the hint. The hint is a moving circle of small stars. And even if you find the circle, it's still hard to find what you're supposed to click on. I have a few suggestions for the developers. In the animal feeding scene, it would be great to know how many animals you're supposed to find.
For me, the last monkey was one almost hidden on the right side of the screen. The star goes to the monkey in the boat, so it looks like that's what you're looking for, and I just kept clicking on it, thinking I wasn't clicking on the right part of it. I think it's very confusing and distracting to have that star go to a place on the screen.
I've only gotten to the screen with the fish and the croc, but I think that's as far as I'll go. This is way too frustrating for me.

[Post New]by freekidz on Jul 15, 09 1:57 PM
I really like this game very much. It is shiny and colourfull, loads of animals and plants. I enjoy the challenge. One of the best HOGames I have ever played.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jul 15, 09 2:11 PM
Legendia wrote:BTW: What gives with throwing a full paper back with recycling in it into a garbage can? What were the developers thinking?

Heh, possibly the same thing as throwing away a dollar bill which I also had to do!

Monkeys did it for me

[Post New]by mamacat2many on Jul 15, 09 2:15 PM
I love hidden games and games that challange me but I can't get past the monkeys to play the game the two in the back by the giant stone you can click until the cows come home and they won't budge, I even deleted and reinstall the game still after almost an hour all I could find was five monkeys and the picture that show where there all is not correct. Won't be buying this game
Penny

higgins717
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by higgins717 on Jul 15, 09 2:20 PM
i need help, i have one monkey to go i see him but he is gray, have clicked and clicked and he just stays there any hints here. really like the game and would like to get further into the game. please help

higgins717
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by higgins717 on Jul 15, 09 2:25 PM
last monkey, i used hint and it is showing that where i did see the monkey is the spot, but he is grayed out and i click and click and nothing how frustrating

higgins717
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by higgins717 on Jul 15, 09 2:27 PM
Karel_LGC wrote:
vicalana wrote:Thanks for the support, Karel, but I can't find that monkey. Does it come and go? I'm still madly clicking over the tip area, but manybe there's a bug. I'm getting nowhere.

[URL removed by moderator]

there is a screenshot with all monkeys, let me know if it helps.
i am having the same problem karel, would you please pm me the screen shot. monkey is grayed out and yet hint says that is where he is, clicking and clicking to no avail. thank you

cheffie45
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by cheffie45 on Jul 15, 09 2:34 PM
I thought this was a fun game, challenging enough, i like how interactive it is and i agree nothing like rangy game or that holly game...this does have a challenge to it... im going to buy

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on Jul 15, 09 2:37 PM
If the monkey (or ape) in plain view on the boat doesn't count, why does the hint keep showing that it is him...at least that's where it appears to be showing me?

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jul 15, 09 3:09 PM
TeresaRollen wrote:If the monkey (or ape) in plain view on the boat doesn't count, why does the hint keep showing that it is him...at least that's where it appears to be showing me?

Teresa, look behind the tire!

Go to: