MatieBo3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Wanderland oh Wanderland!!

[Post New]by MatieBo3 on Jan 10, 16 3:58 AM
I started playing the game in Dec'15 and initially very enthusiastic. All the treasures, tournaments, HOS, etcetera, etcetera! However, as I progress with the game it become more strainiuos than relaxing. To progress through certain HOS you have to have the speed of a jetfighter, eyes like an eagle, four eyes (a pair to read and a pair to search), a bag full of real money, etcetera. Although friends are helpful, we basically need the same stuff, you cant gift if you don't have unless your bag of money is sustainable. Although there are numerous ways the developers/owners could assist to make the game more user-friendly, after reading some of the suggestions, it just look as if there is just no sympathy with any of these comments.

Although I will continue to play, even if I must wait hours/ days to collect sufficient gold/ ruby's to continue, my rating of the game, due the cost, would be a negative The game in itself scores in terms of the progress (story) in quests, HOS's, etcetera, a worthy 4.5 from 5.

Some suggestions (hopefully you will agree and the developers take cogni:
1) Should a player, after 5 successive attempts, tried to complete a HOS (no matter which level or curse) be given a 5% more time after each successive try.
2) The items in search (as required in the quest) be still available but the number of items decline after each attempt, as an example, should you complete the HOS on your first attempt within the sixty seconds, you receive a number of coins, say 200, energy 100, ruby's 3 and six items of which 1 is the required item; failing your first attempt, the coins reduce to 160, energy to 80, ruby's to 2 and the # of items to 5 (including the required item); failing your second attempt the coins reduce to 120, energy to 60, and the # of items 4 (including the required item); failing your third attempt, the coins reduce to 80, energy to 40, ruby to 1 and the items to 3 (including the required item); failing your fourth attempt, the coins reduce to 40, energy to 20, ruby remains at 1 and the items to 2 of which one is the required item; After you failed your fifth attempt, the coins remains at 20, energy at 10, ruby at 1 and your required item with the only difference your search time increase with 5 % as from your sixth attempt;
3) Should a game require another item or number of items, the same principle applies; and
4) As you progress through the game the difficulty and percentages to obtain higher levels or status remains the same.

zigzagbuddha
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Wanderland here!

[Post New]by zigzagbuddha on Jan 12, 16 7:56 PM
I LOVE THIS GAME! I have paid for a lot of games - many of them from bfg - but they all sit on my computer forlorn and forgotten while I spend all my game time in Wanderland! I think the creators and developers of this game are all talented artists, zen masters and marketing geniuses!

Granted, there have been times I was consumed by frustrated rage and was certain the developers were truly and absolutely the devil in disguise. Right now in the game I have been stuck in the 'doldrums' with no wind in sight, so to speak, for days now and have not been able to do much more than send out friend requests and slowly work through one novice treasure hunt after another while 'sacrificing' (I call it 'selling') items at the altar, to get the gold together to update my wizard well, but still I love this game.

I am on a fixed income and just don't have the money to constantly be paying into a game in order to continue playing it, but I love this game so much I was determined to keep playing it in spite of not being able to buy rubies and gold, and I have managed to make it to level 49 so far, so I know it's possible. In fact I think it's more rewarding that way because I have to get smarter and smarter in order to do it, hahahaha!

I can't say I'd mind a higher drop rate for necessary items though, and I thought a few reviewers had some great ideas for improving it!

48tex
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Wanderland here!

[Post New]by 48tex on Jan 16, 16 7:32 AM
Game has started freezing on completion of HOS, and now repeatedly says I am disconnected, lets me back in but yet gives the message again. It is YOU or me? My internet has not gone off at all. I have DSL.

[Post New]by perfectbutterfli on Jan 20, 16 10:16 AM
I am really disappointed in this game. It is fun to play but only lasts about 10-15 minutes of play time and then have to wait a while for it to reload energy. I bought rubies and money at first of game and it didn't last very long. I can't figure out how to use the objects that I have in reserve. Maybe that would help . Have multiple fire torches, ect but no instructions on how to use them from where they are kept.
This needs some improvement to keep it interesting. ways to earn extra energy, rubies, money

difi1
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by difi1 on Jan 20, 16 1:01 PM
perfectbutterfli wrote:I am really disappointed in this game. It is fun to play but only lasts about 10-15 minutes of play time and then have to wait a while for it to reload energy. I bought rubies and money at first of game and it didn't last very long. I can't figure out how to use the objects that I have in reserve. Maybe that would help . Have multiple fire torches, ect but no instructions on how to use them from where they are kept.
This needs some improvement to keep it interesting. ways to earn extra energy, rubies, money

KGDBLU
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by KGDBLU on Jan 22, 16 7:18 AM
This game is a money pit, plain and simple. Unless a player is willing to spend serious rt cash, it is very hard to advance.

Having to pay to upgrade the idol and the well is ridiculous.

The messages telling the player that certain collections are ready to be activated when they really aren't, is annoying. That message should ONLY show up when all the items AND the trigger items are collected.

When the player does a particular HO scene to get a required item as per directions for a quest, then that item should be dropped....every time. Instead, one has to waste energy playing an HO scene several times to get the needed item. Again, ridiculous!

Having to wait for weeks before a particular HO area has a specific curse just to get one quest item is more than frustrating.

Buying hints is stupidly expensive at 890 coins a pop. That makes accruing coins frustratingly difficult.

Having to pay large sums to open new areas...at the risk of repeating myself, ridiculous.

Quests that go into sleep mode....bad.

This game had a lot of potential to be fun. Instead, the greedy developers ruined it and turned it into a money pit.

I have played to level 21, and have spent a good deal of money just to get there. Well, I'm done. I will be deleting it today.

Edited on 01/23/2016 at 9:21:39 AM PST

JimDaddyO
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by JimDaddyO on Feb 5, 16 6:12 PM
yup, this game is trying to be a money sucker! I have just started to play and found it great at the start, but the drop rate is horrible. 3 quests now to activate things but it just will not drop what I need. Too bad because the story line is good. Also, the timed scenes are almost impossible. They went way too far with this one and ruined what could have been a good thing. The gold and energy extras want upgrading way too often also.

Uninstalling it now. Shame, so much potential.

Judibeth
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by Judibeth on Feb 9, 16 9:47 AM
Yes, there are a lot of problems with this game. However, to be fair to the developers, they have listened to many of our complaints and concerns, especially getting rid of the energy-gobbling horse. (He was cute and the galloping sounds were neat, but it was impossible to play for more than a few seconds when the horse used energy. Now the HOS are available to be played again right away instead of having to wait an hour or more. New players (I started a second game) can take advantage of many more options early in the game.

This game still has a lot of potential if the technical problems can be smoothed out. I would recommend that players try it for themselves (without spending any money) at least up to level 14 or 15 before spending any more money than the early special on rubies, perhaps the first update for idol and well, and definitely buy the ruby dragon.

Caution! This game is addictive! Plan to play slowly, just a short visit a couple of times a day to avoid frustration and to avoid the temptation to spend a lot of money too soon.

Oldboyracer
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by Oldboyracer on Mar 1, 16 3:15 AM
Having reread this thread & can understand every ones frustrations but as has already been said this is not a fast playing game in respect of moving up the levels. A lot of patience is required so not the sort of game to chill out to after a days work. It is one of a very few games that I return to on a very regular basis, saying that my thoughts may have been a little different had I experienced some of the problems that have been posted. The only problem I have encountered was my pink shells not showing at the mermaid, after posting in the forum they appeared a couple of days later - magic ??????? I personally think this is a great game but no good for those who want to move on quickly. There comes a time when you have to consolidate & do the circulation of HOS's to accumulate assets, digging for chests has made this a little less boring. At level 58 I am now on my 2nd circulation so I don't think that is too bad. The 1st circulation was a nightmare but I stuck with it to get 150,000 in gold coins & 150 rubies (before the chests). In doing so got a big stock of swords, mice, slings, rosary's, torches & sacks of grain. Now I use the gold coins to upgrade the magic well & the shelter keeping around 100,000 coins & 100 rubies as my minimum. I have just had to use around 100 rubies to clear 2 quests so now it's accumulation time. Soon to reach level 59 but will then be static for some time.
From the descriptions of play that I have read I think the game has a learning curve & adapts to the way in which it is played. Also if it was made easier the developers would have less time evolve the program.
A little war & peace so back on topic, I would rate this game highly, it's the only one I've played that keeps me coming back for more, frustration or success I don't care, I will keep on to the bitter end. Just be patient & determined do not let the game beat you.

Edited on 03/01/2016 at 3:18:50 AM PST

[Post New]by kellyvet99 on Mar 12, 16 7:54 PM
I love everything about this game EXCEPT , the time you have to wait to be able to send your friends items. They are your items you either buy them or earn them so we should be allowed to send them as often as we want to without having to wait an undisclosed amount of time to send another gift. If there is to be a time set on this then lighten it up so we can actually have a slim chance of completing the tasks that make us send friends gifts. Most people cant play for 24 hours straight ( besides energy doesn't allow that anyways ) so to complete the maps with this as a mission is unfair to the players who actually like doing the maps. Other than this I love the fact the items move around in the scene and there is so much to do it keeps you involved. I usually cant wait for more energy to play more.

hera1952
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by hera1952 on Mar 14, 16 3:32 PM
Game far to expensive to play. Rewards from HOS ludicrous. Would love to continue as the concept of the game is great but after playing for a fortnight I would need to spend a fortune to get any satisfaction from it. Back to Midnight Castle for me!

Difficult to Play If You Aren't Willing to Pay

[Post New]by GreerMain on Mar 15, 16 9:29 AM
Positives:

Storyline
Graphics
HOS

Negatives:

Not always enough info on how to play; example: no instruction on opening the shop door once you have the correct element

No way to invite friends who actually play

Drops are frequently not useful

Items needed for game play; for example, sending the ship, are not available in a timely manner

I would not recommend the game, it really isn't worth the time to play, moves really slowly especially if you don't pay.

deedee3818
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

new quests

[Post New]by deedee3818 on Mar 16, 16 10:24 AM

Edited on 04/02/2016 at 12:33:30 PM PST

piemomnj
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by piemomnj on Mar 18, 16 2:42 PM
Hard to play and stay interested when the drop rates are worse than ever. I have been playing a long time, but it is getting boring when you just can't get the items you need. Mice are rare these days, torches are slow in coming so forget getting the antlers which only come in night mode and then not always then either. It just seems to get harder and harder to stay interested.

Vernier2
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Vernier2 on Mar 18, 16 10:35 PM
This is a great game, lots and lots of levels plenty to do. It has it's problems but the developers work on them and the newer games are vastly improved. You don't have to spend large amounts of money but really given the hours of amusement the game provides I don't think $20 here and there is excessive, I gladly give up a few coffees for game rubies. Plus there are some truly wonderful friends out there that gift you items when the going gets tough.

MatieBo3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by MatieBo3 on Mar 21, 16 4:32 AM
Hi friends this is a great game with a lot of opportunities and challenges, but all at a pricetag which does not come cheap!! currently I am experience an update challenge with my friends. I have already about 38 friends on my list but according to my achievements, only 20!! updating items seem to be a problem, perhaps the system cannot add 1 to an existing number in a specified field!! What a challenge!!

bfgWaimea
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Mar 24, 16 2:35 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to post your reviews here. As a reminder, the designated review threads are reserved for reviews ONLY, as noted by the Forum Moderation Team at the beginning of each threads. From this point forward, we're asking everyone to be mindful of the Review Guidelines.

For your convenience, I've also included them below:

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Wanderland.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

Thanks again,

bfgWaimea

Edited on 03/24/2016 at 4:02:26 PM PST

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Mar 28, 16 9:12 AM
I finally took the plunge and deleted the game. I kept hoping for improved reviews as far as drop rates, etc, but in the end there are far more playable games out there than holding my breath on this one. Ta ta, Wanderland.

dmhg
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by dmhg on Apr 1, 16 8:59 PM
Enough! I'm deleting the game. It's a shame because I really enjoyed it at first but I can't afford to spend money every time I turn around. Also, I'm tired of having to play the same one or two scenes 50-60 (yes, I counted them) time to get enough tar torches, necklaces, grain bags or what ever to play the scene to get it to change to the mode I need. Then I have to play another 50-60 times on the same two scenes so I can earn the whatever to play the scene only to have to start over because I didn't get what I needed. The last straw was finally scraping together enough coins together to get the wishing well running again and using it twice before it demanded 11235 coins to work again. I can't spend jewels or coins for anything because I can't earn enough to keep things running as it is. I've played over 1000 rounds trying to get two items I need to activate one of the collections so I can move on, I can't send out the ship because I can't get the items I need because I haven't seen that particular curse more than twice in the six months I've been playing and never on that particular scene.
This game has so much potential but I'm not a cash cow and I won't be playing it again.

[Post New]by fromius on Apr 23, 16 1:57 PM
I don't have any cursed scenes in the game so I can't do some stage scenes in archivist, what shall I do? I'm in level 56

Go to: