Re:Many Years Ago comments and reviews

[Post New]by Josiecat2 on Jul 27, 09 9:08 PM
Yeah...I was pretty unimpressed. I mean, it was fun, and some of the tasks were something new, but all in all it's a pretty short game and a bit too easy. Good intro to that sort of thing, though.

[Post New]by Femmfa on Jul 28, 09 11:41 AM
I was disappointed in the game. Had it completed in 2-3 hours. It isn't interesting enough to replay again now, maybe in a few months when I have an hour or so to kill I'll replay it. For the younger gendres it might be amusing for a bit. Graphics were ok even though on the cartoonish side.

[Post New]by incy_wincy on Jul 29, 09 9:24 PM
Tried 45 minutes of the demo. The game got boring pretty quick. After reading the reviews and comments, I will not be buying it.

cyam
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by cyam on Aug 6, 09 1:56 AM
I was very desapointed when i finish the ship and thats it, , maybe bigfish can give the chance to play for free 24 hours not just 1, thus you can realize if really worth the investment.

[Post New]by CheeZBall on Aug 7, 09 5:59 PM
I thought the game seemed like a tutorial through the whole game. and was hoping for another island. like people say it was to short beat it in 3 hours. if they made an expansion i'd probably get it

[Post New]by LaDDCaBC on Aug 17, 09 11:38 PM
Another dissapointment from Bigfish. Purchased for nephew and he finished in a few hours. Save Your money!!!

Plectrude
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Plectrude on Aug 18, 09 3:15 AM
Game is too short!
Nice graphic, that's all positive I can say.
I should buy something better for this money.

joelchrist
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by joelchrist on Aug 18, 09 3:36 AM
Fabulous game... But little shorter than i expect.

[Post New]by kitten66 on Aug 18, 09 4:17 AM
Too short of a game, I had it beat in no time after I purchased it. Should have let them move on, or had other things for them to build. I loved it till the end and was real disappointed they didn't move to knew island or what ever.

MichGal
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by MichGal on Aug 24, 09 8:47 PM
LaDDCaBC wrote:Another dissapointment from Bigfish. Purchased for nephew and he finished in a few hours. Save Your money!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that wants more than a few hours of gameplay.

aliah1
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by aliah1 on Aug 26, 09 9:45 PM
Just bought this game recently love it the graphics are stunning the little people move and breath more liike real people do. I own all the virtual villeger games and bought this one because it was in it's own way like them but with better graphics. Kudos to the artist, producer, and creator of this enjoyable game.

Waiting for the next one, and yes a little short but maybe the next one will be longer. I was hoping to go to the next island with them,"sigh". But the next one may take me there. Can't wait for it to be published.

Aliah

akitahbird
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by akitahbird on Sep 16, 09 1:56 PM
WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I LOVED THIS GAME SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH, RAN OUT OF TIME, AND I CAN'T FIND ANY OTHER WEB SITE TO PLAY IT ON!!!!!!!!!! (sob sob sob cry cry cry sniff sob cry)

over all, I give this game a out of five

out

shekon
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by shekon on Oct 4, 09 4:14 PM
Played the demo for awhile then uninstalled. A couple weeks later decided to try it again since I too am into the Virtual Villagers games. Did end up buying it and felt it gave a nice break from the HOG's/IHOGS.
Also felt it was to short, would have liked to have more of a variation of characters and the babies as well. Would also have preferred to match the "people" and decide when they should have a baby.
Liked the "verbal" interaction between the "people" and thought when they were "learning a new word", they would eventually start using real words.
It did seem a little slow in moving around the island and hoped the ending would have been a little more complete with all the villagers gathered at the boat....
Wouldn't mind seeing a followup of this game.
Am presently anxiously/patiently(finger-tapping) waiting for VV4 to come out and hope that BF will get it.

Gemcats
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Gemcats on Aug 22, 10 6:29 PM
Thank you all for the heads up on the game being so short!! I was just fixing to buy it when I thought maybe I should go check the forum on it just in case.....I really feel cheated when a game is only a few hours long.

Thanks again!

shasta24
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
472 Posts

[Post New]by shasta24 on Jan 10, 11 2:42 PM
Played 10 minutes. Didn't like it but thought I'd give it a chance. Then my mouse froze, then my whole system froze. Ctrl-Alt-Del didn't work. Hit the power off on the box. Waited a minute and tried again. Task Manager showed the game was still running. Sucessfully "ended task". Deleted the program. Definite "No Buy" for me.

pooch7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by pooch7 on May 31, 11 4:42 AM
Not played it yet bt sounds a bit rubbish so probably wont play

[Post New]by Elaine_Fish on Jan 12, 13 1:59 PM
I just loved it!!! I need part 2! Only point: parents should interact more with kids. Adorable kids. I want more. It is short but very nice.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Apr 27, 13 6:02 PM
My favourite games from ERS is always their non hidden object game and this is fun especially for me who loves strategy games but am useless at timed modes and this doesn't have any, which as a beginner I love.

I rated it 3/5 for hardness as a beginner, so it's not hard and even I found quite easy. If it didn't have the mini-games I'd have given it a more solid 3 stars - good but not stellar. This is a resource strategy game with a tutorial, you can see all the playable area in the demo although the left hand side is locked at the beginning.

You unlock mini-games as you progress which will earn you resources or you can just come back and replay at any time. There is a progression bar for each mini game and it shows you how many variants there are - there are a lot.

match 3

- with character moving along the board like hidden wonders of the depth. I don't usually like match 3 but ERS has made me love them because of how they are done.

timed pipe puzzle (variant)

- I love pipe puzzle and there are loads of different configurations. I usually don't like timed elements but this made it more interesting and harder as you went along.

match pairs

Like hidden wonders of the world if you've played that. Some are on top of others to make it harder.

There is a slider which is the same design.

There are two set mini-games (it doesn't change and once you've done it, it's over) - a simple jigsaw and a spot the difference.

If you don't like them you can skip them and you don't need to play them. If you don't like mini-games then there are better and longer strategy resource type games out there but if you do and don't mind an easy short main strategy game then it is fun and worthwhile, especially for a DD.

I wish there were more things to do and places to uncover in the main game and would have liked it to be longer but they won me over with the mini-games which I wasn't expecting.

edit - I forgot to mention the connect 5 mini-game which is really fun. It's like connect 4 but you don't stop - you keep making as many connections as you can against the computer.

Edited on 04/28/2013 at 12:39:28 PM PST

Go to: