okgal1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Welcome to Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships forum

[Post New]by okgal1 on Jan 17, 10 6:56 PM
The person who suggested that after three tries or so, we "win" the game, get the object and move on had a good idea. This was done in a couple ND games. It's great for those who dislike the arcade 'gotta-be-quick!' games where it is a complete pain to work with a mouse. Especially a laptop mouse.

I think I'm going to be stuck for a very long time on the coconut game to get the compass. The other two I've managed to win but the coconut game is all but impossible. I'm just not quick enough and the scoring system is jacked up.

Help? I would like to finish this game. I love them all, but it's just no fun if you can't complete it.

EDIT: I did go back and play the coconut game. I noticed that each time, the coconuts were closer together, and my score got higher. Took about 6 tries, but I finally won. The compass was there.

Edited on 01/17/2010 at 8:27:09 PM PST

[Post New]by trucker65 on Apr 22, 10 8:34 PM
Where in the world is"Create NEW Discussion"?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 3, 10 5:05 AM
trucker65 wrote:Where in the world is"Create NEW Discussion"?
It's in the forum before you click on a specific thread. Big blue button icon with white letters.

[Post New]by compositekid on Oct 15, 10 5:10 PM
Does anyone know when the Trail of the Twister, Secret of Shadow Ranch, Ship of Shadows, or Secret at the Water's Edge Nancy Drew games are appearing on Big Fish Games?

[Post New]by fishy_shell01 on Apr 20, 11 6:16 PM
I got the urchin and the monkeys moved. There is a circle on the ground in front of a plateau but that's it! Am I suppose to be directed to another place or was there something? Nancy just says hm...And how do I get to dive at the Blue Hole? Thanks to big favors, I found the puzzel but there was a note from someone on the istland that said to get the treasure. What is suppose to happen now?

iamshiva
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by iamshiva on Jun 13, 13 3:53 PM
i really need an answer to these questions please.,this is about decoding el toro's book. i have finished the first message, spoiller, (in the black of night ect) i thiink it is right, now what to do? am i to translate the pages of the book which are so small & i use my own paper? the arrow on the bottom of the message page does nothing. are there other messages to decode?
rsvp fast please

lcmoody
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by lcmoody on Jun 21, 13 2:02 PM
jenak3769 wrote:I wish the writers in ND would get rid of or at least place a skip stupid cheesy arcade type dumb games of killing bugs, playing with stupid monkeys, these random chance stupid games are painful on laptop mouses and cursor games and are better designed for a joystick application, which cannot be activated on point and click games. These games are at best tedious and most of the time frustrating and simply ruin the adventure, supposed to be knowledge and skills game , time allowances are too short and one ends up saving the game numerous times at various points just to beat the stupid arcade games ,, how 3 tries and give me the stupid object so I can move on.. Getting the stupid compass was about 35 tries on a bumpy flight using a laptop mouse with the settings set at max and feathered touch to absolute lightest.. this part is no longer fun it is downright tedious and at best painful.. Sometimes I wonder why I buy Nancy drew because , I sure know there will be one or 2 or several stupid arcade games in these so called adventure and supposed to make the brain work games.. Gets real tedious finding sheep, killing bugs, etc, it is way more intriguing to find the trip objects and the clues and follow the story line..So my personal message to the writers is simply grow up get rid of the arcade games and concentrate on the original books by Mckeon or however she spelled her name.. Same with the hardy boys FW Dixon would not have dreamed of frank and Joe tossing plates at monkeys,, maybe a timed undo ropes or something or mazes timed but be fair and do not make it so tedious.. These are supposed to be entertainment not lessons in futility and frustration. I am sure many people just give up and never finish the games. sad they are very well done , most of them and some are quite difficult but take the stupid timed arcade games out!!!!!

[Post New]by Zanna_P on Aug 26, 13 6:37 AM
iamshiva wrote: i really need an answer to these questions please.,this is about decoding el toro's book. i have finished the first message, spoiller, (in the black of night ect) i thiink it is right, now what to do? am i to translate the pages of the book which are so small & i use my own paper? the arrow on the bottom of the message page does nothing. are there other messages to decode?
rsvp fast please

After you've decoded the first bit that you mentioned, you have to do other stuff before you can go on decoding! So no, you don't need your own pen and paper! You need to go diving at the shipwreck (instructions to find the shipwreck are in the book) before you can decode the rest of the book.

SPOILER
There, in an old underwater chest, you'll find a decoder, after which more pages will appear as you click on the book, and you decode the rest of the book as you did the first three pages.

[Post New]by housebrown on Sep 16, 13 11:29 AM
prpldva wrote:Oh boy. oh boy!

Go to: