loudlife
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

Re:My Kingdom for the Princess comments and reviews

[Post New]by loudlife on Jul 31, 09 1:30 PM
I have played all the way through and am now going back to get gold on every level. Love the game, it's often quite challenging!

Right now I'm struggling with getting the gold for level 2.3 - is there a specific strategy for this level??? I have played it numerous times and can't get the gold to save my life!

joloee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by joloee on Jul 31, 09 11:36 PM
I was able to get all gold till the last level, then had to come here to look how to do it. I especially enjoy the levels with the warehouses..makes collecting resources, so much easier. Overall, I give this game 4.5 stars out of 5 because after you pass the game with all gold, then I don't see a point in playing it again.

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Aug 1, 09 2:58 AM

Very, very nice game.! . .

. Nice challenge.

Toffifee
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,383 Posts

[Post New]by Toffifee on Aug 2, 09 8:58 AM
I really liked to play it and the rainbow is very nice ... but no wedding, no music, nothing special ?!?! I'm disappointed

[Post New]by 7layers on Aug 3, 09 4:57 PM
It's so hard to find a great time management game but this is definitely one of them. In fact, I loved the demo so much that this was the game that convinced me to sign up for the Big Fish Game Club. In a week I've finished it once (all expert) and am halfway through finishing it again.

I enjoy games like Civilization but much prefer the building over the combat, so this game filled a very specific void for me. I highly recommend this game, or at the very least the demo, to anyone with similar preferences.

[Post New]by rabbit_22 on Aug 6, 09 9:45 PM
Elkestra wrote:Well, I played it all the way through to the end. Still got 11 levels I need to get a Gold win on - some of them are tough, especially on the first few play-throughs.

The graphics and music are cute, as is the story. Some of the story writing made me grin, which was a nice change from cursing as I missed a gold target.

I only failed a level once (and the dragon flew across, which was a nice touch), though I had a fair swathe of silvers on the map when I finally completed the game. I'm working my way back through them to try and get all golds.

ETA: The inter-island 'puzzle' is a jigsaw (which gives you something helpful, in the form of one of the resources getting a permanent +1 - magic food, mgic woodpile, etc). The other 'game' as such is a bit of fun trying to collect all the gold on a maze of paths. There isn't much challenge, but its a nice break, and it can be fun to see if you can get all 4 workers constantly rushing round like ants.

Great fun, loved the graphics and thought it refreshing and entertained me for hours. Have gone through once, now working on getting gold through-out game. Have accomplished this except for the last three games of fourth level, but am determined to get gold through-out, love the castle enlargement with gold. looking for other simular games?

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on Aug 7, 09 10:42 PM
On the last level, even though I didn't finish before nightfall, it showed me the ending of the story. Can't figure that out. All the other levels had either silver or gold, but the last one just showed a pennant. I did go back and finish that level, but the ending didn't play again. Weird!

I might go back and play all the silver levels again, so I can finish my castle. I don't usually like TM games; BuildaLot 1, 2 and 3 were the only ones I liked until this one. It really kept me interested, and though I am slower than some in my clicking, I managed to finish the game. Good one!

[Post New]by AnnaBellaBluEyes on Aug 15, 09 7:15 AM
I am really enjoying playing this game. Although, sometimes it has been frustrating! lol I've even recommended it to a friend and she is having a good time with it as well. It's addictive and challenging to get to see the castle totally built and the rainbow at the end. I'm sure I'll be playing this one for awhile.

Edited on 08/15/2009 at 7:16:29 AM PST

Grnmeadow
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Grnmeadow on Aug 21, 09 10:35 AM
I love this game!!! I have never played a time management game before this. I must be really slow compared to most as I have been playing this game for days now. I cannot seem to get through the level with lighting the torches. I get to the very last few obstacles and the dragon comes. Is there a secret as to how to get through this? I have given myself headaches over this level!!

BlueSkunk12
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by BlueSkunk12 on Aug 23, 09 2:47 PM
Don't like this game very much.

The story doesn't make sense. I have to rebuild the land so the Princess can get home. I'd think that if I'm going to rebuild the land, I should get my own Kingdom or something. But so far, all I've heard is some vague promise that my friendship with the Princess might be something more.

I don't understand that. Shouldn't the Princess be focused on getting home to her Father, who has been struck by lightning? I think she'd be too preoccupied by that to think much about me clearing paths and restoring bridges.

The game doesn't require much thought or skill. Just point and click, then sit back and watch things happen. Not much fun. Not much interaction.

Maybe Time Management isn't my cup of tea. But I don't see much else on Big Fish besides Puzzles (ugh), and Hidden Object (double ugh).

nardia
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by nardia on Aug 24, 09 12:47 AM
BlueSkunk12 wrote:Don't like this game very much.

The story doesn't make sense. I have to rebuild the land so the Princess can get home. I'd think that if I'm going to rebuild the land, I should get my own Kingdom or something. But so far, all I've heard is some vague promise that my friendship with the Princess might be something more.

I don't understand that. Shouldn't the Princess be focused on getting home to her Father, who has been struck by lightning? I think she'd be too preoccupied by that to think much about me clearing paths and restoring bridges.

The game doesn't require much thought or skill. Just point and click, then sit back and watch things happen. Not much fun. Not much interaction.

Maybe Time Management isn't my cup of tea. But I don't see much else on Big Fish besides Puzzles (ugh), and Hidden Object (double ugh).

Goodness, I think we might be playing a different game.

The game requires much thought and skill, particularly logical thought, to get through each level with gold to complete the castle. If you're not much for logic games, you won't like it.

As far as the story - who cares? It's about the game play. I wouldn't know what the story was about nor do I really care, as long as the game can get me to think and use my brain, that's what counts. If I want a story, I'll read a book.

Additionally, I wouldn't say this is really a time management game...yes, time comes into it, but it's more about using your brain, which probably doesn't suit some people.

BlueSkunk12
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by BlueSkunk12 on Aug 24, 09 1:25 PM
Brain and brain! What is brain?!

kelvy0303
Stingray
Stingray
4,533 Posts

[Post New]by kelvy0303 on Aug 26, 09 6:47 AM
Even though I don't normally play tm games(I find them too difficult), I love this one. It's very challenging and a lot of fun.The graphics are cute, the storyline is very good and love that you can replay a level. In some games I've played, you have to re-start the game. Being able to better my score by replaying the level is a big plus for me.

[Post New]by MishiJ on Aug 27, 09 6:38 AM
This game is great!! I had only played about 15 minutes of the demo, when I bought the game. It's challenging, cute, and one of the better TM games I have played. I'm only at level 2.11 because I keep replaying so I'm within the time frame, I'm such a perfectionist ! I agree that you must upgrade as much as you can, or you will not meet some requirements. Great job to the maker/designer of this game!!

Kool2Kiss
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Kool2Kiss on Sep 1, 09 5:37 PM
I LOVED this game! I played forever and really felt I got my money's worth. Please bring in more games like this one. It kept me busy for hours, but it could of had more levels, I didn't want it to end!

~Kool~

[Post New]by flutterby_dee on Sep 2, 09 1:10 AM
This is definitely my favourite game from Big Fish so far - I could definitely have kept playing, and will be keeping an eye out in hope of there being a sequel. I felt the puzzles are pitched at a level so as to be challenging, but not to the point where I would be overwhelmed with frustration.

[Post New]by haileesmother on Sep 9, 09 2:41 AM
this game is awesome i have gone thru it 3 times already with all gold, im on "round4" which is what i do when i play a game all the way and do it again...and again i just count how many times i beat a game....i can see myself in the future starting "round 20-something" lol any chance of another one coming out????

boptab
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by boptab on Sep 27, 09 8:00 AM
Such a cute game. Fun and not to stressful, yet.

[Post New]by marlowe22 on Oct 16, 09 10:29 PM
level 2.9 sucks, once I collected 20 woods and 20 golds, I was stuck, the number wouldn't go up to 40 even if i keep on collecting golds and woods, paging the creators of this game, if you guys design it this way to make it difficult you, you sure are spoiling the fun cheaters

[Post New]by Dcymbr on Nov 30, 09 1:47 AM
I'm stuck on level 10:1 I think it is. There's a screen with earth and swamp but no roads, nothing else - just four faces. It says to collect gold -- a lot of it. If I click all over the place I have found about 3 pieces of gold - tops. Is there something wrong with my game? Surely this isn't right! Thanks for any help with this that any of you can give me.

Go to: