doorgirl
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Beyond: Light Advent Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by doorgirl on Aug 1, 15 6:23 PM
Mac OS 1010.4 Yosemite. Did not have the "sound issue" on first playing the game having bought and downloaded. When I quit to go do something then came back, I had no sound. I noticed when starting from the game manager, it showed the game as paused, not quit. The game manager is not fully quitting the game. I restarted my computer and the game now had sound.

I quit again and when I came back I again had no sound. Again the game seemed not to have fully quit. This time I tried quitting the game manager and restarting it, then trying the game. The game started with sound.

Next I quit again and started the game from the Applications folder. bypassing the game manager. Started clean and with sound.

It appears something has changed in Yosemite that the Game Manager hasn't addressed. Maybe a Big Fish issue more than a Mad Head one. They both need to troubleshoot together.

Edited on 08/01/2015 at 6:28:57 PM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Beyond: Light Advent Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by kemcgraw on Aug 2, 15 12:18 AM
I too have no sound and have trashed and reinstalled several times. When I open my game again it starts with a big pause sign "11" and takes me where I left off.
Playing on my Mac running 10.10.4

[Post New]by adrianne52 on Aug 2, 15 1:21 AM
Sound issues for my Mac OSX 10.9.5.
Played the demo and sound was fine, exited to purchase the game and when I restarted the game had no sound.
Tried playing with a new profile, no luck.
Tried the muted sound at start up idea but still no go.
So sad, it's a good game but not good enough to play without sound.

[Post New]by SLflyer on Aug 2, 15 5:59 AM
Tried demo - no sound
MAC Yosemite 10.10.4
Not starting correctly.
Launch Game Manager, select 'play' Beyond: Light Advent Collector's Edition, game immediately goes to dock with file name as ".Beyond - Light Advent CE". Have to click on icon to get game to start. Shows large 'pause' symbol. Click pause, then to Big Fish screen, then game intro screen, silent.
I would have loved to try the game, with a view to purchase, but no way like this.

[Post New]by Ousameqin on Aug 5, 15 5:03 PM
Mac 10.9.5 Downloaded demo. No sound. Went to forum to learn this was not just my issue. Kept demo with time remaining. Next day, no "pause" screen, full sound. Waited for days, like today, to purchase at discount. Fired it up, got the cursed pause symbol screen. No sound. Having waited for days to buy, I thought this issue would have been resolved. Guessing my best option is to wait for tomorrow again, when firing it up, the sound will, by some digital miracle, return. ??? Any fixes in the future BF or shall we just don our jammies and hope for the best in the morning?

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Aug 6, 15 9:12 AM
angelfish106 wrote:No tech issues with the demo, however after buying the game it won't install. Already downloaded it twice now and still no luck. I'm on a monthly d/l limit and will have wasted 2gb of my 15gb allowance if I try it a 3rd time. Not happy

The game installs, but won't activate. Tried 3 times and finally contacted BF. Had to go through the rigamarole of leaving a message and Dr. Felix. I have a bad tremor and this is arduous to say the least. Shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get a purchased game to run. I won't be in such a hurry to take advantage of a sale again.

[Post New]by Ousameqin on Aug 7, 15 2:03 PM
Bought the game. As advised, I attempted to post tech issues to "Dr. Felix". Was prompted to download something or other app with a promise of 2-3 minutes while the "Doc" checked my network interfaces. Proceeded as advised. After 5 mins staring at the progress bar decided to wash the kitchen floor and vacuum the rug. Came back finding no progress.

Would love to share with you a pic AFTER having PURCHASED this offering - Game Manager presented this game I'd purchased as my having "minus 1 minute" left.

Whaaas up Dr. Felix?

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 14, 15 11:02 AM
I can't get the wallpaper to work. I've never had problems with any other game. I realize this is a minor problem compared to the major problems I have seen here.

Edited on 08/14/2015 at 11:06:37 AM PST

ZekesPeach
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by ZekesPeach on Aug 14, 15 11:42 AM
Got through the demo just fine. Bought the game and got up to the end of Ch. 4 and into Ch. 5 and the game causes my PC to freeze. All is up-to-date and running Windows 7. This is the second or third game in as many months that I have had to stop playing because of freezing...can't remember if they were all Mad Head games. Very frustrating.

[Post New]by exitramp64 on Aug 15, 15 3:30 PM
I was really enjoying the game but recently it has crashing frbad.equently and is very

[Post New]by exitramp64 on Aug 15, 15 3:34 PM
I was really enjoying the game but recently it has crashing frbad.equently and is very

[Post New]by AFTERMIDNIGHT on Aug 24, 15 7:19 PM
updated to windows 10. beyond: light advent cd says i need to update my graphics driver. what is it and how do i do it. i believe there are other games with the same problem. they played before windows 10, now i can't play them
brandy22

[Post New]by Schocher2003 on Sep 19, 15 1:20 PM
Mac player here. I lost audio about 3/4 of the way through the game. Sometimes the mute trick worked, sometimes not. However, I've found that if I do NOT play the game full screen, I have no sound issues. That's what worked for me, anyway.

Good luck!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 20, 15 11:36 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing issues with this particular game. Thank you Schocher2003 for the tip for a workaround to not play the game in full screen to help with the sound issues. We do want to help troubleshoot this issue, and it is highly recommended to contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They have the tools to further troubleshoot. We definitely want to help look into this for you.

bfgBellerophon

Supernerd
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Supernerd on Oct 30, 15 1:48 AM
AFTERMIDNIGHT wrote:updated to windows 10. beyond: light advent cd says i need to update my graphics driver. what is it and how do i do it. i believe there are other games with the same problem. they played before windows 10, now i can't play them
brandy22

Same here. But I checked my Graphics drivers and they're 100% up to date.
I'm starting to think I'm wasting my time and money.

[Post New]by vlmatts on Dec 30, 15 8:42 AM
Supernerd wrote:
AFTERMIDNIGHT wrote:updated to windows 10. beyond: light advent cd says i need to update my graphics driver. what is it and how do i do it. i believe there are other games with the same problem. they played before windows 10, now i can't play them
brandy22

Same here. But I checked my Graphics drivers and they're 100% up to date.
I'm starting to think I'm wasting my time and money.

Have the same problem - also with a couple other BF games - one I could play before Windows 10.

Anyone have a fix?

Go to: