lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,869 Posts

Re:Ideas for Virtual Families 2!

[Post New]by lorie56 on Aug 12, 09 8:36 AM
kirashilo wrote:I love every one of your ideas lol what great fun they would all be.I have been told that there is a game out called The Sims ? I think and it is like this but you develop an entire neighborhood , with all kinds of divers people and things in it . I am looking forward to purchasing it at some point. as the cost is over $100 and the budget wont carry it yet lol but soon I hope . If your like me and love this game ,and it seems like you do , this might be something you would like too . Just thought I would pass that along . take care ...Kira

The Sims have been around for years! My son has the first one and you could probably pick that up at a used game shop for a pretty cheap price.

kirashilo
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by kirashilo on Aug 13, 09 1:28 PM
Really see you are a font of knowledge Lorie lol thanks I will look for it I have only heard of it in the last month from one of my kids so thank s ever so much

Edited on 08/13/2009 at 1:30:04 PM PST

miskey2
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by miskey2 on Aug 13, 09 3:43 PM
It would be great if they could pick out different furniture, wall colors, wallpaper, different breeds of dogs and cats.
If they could interact with their nosy neighbors, have kids from neighborhood come over to play with the kids, change into
swinsuits for the pool, have a large wardrobe that they can buy an keep as they buy it. different races also would be great.
Interact with neighbors on each side of them that you could also control and change as generations move on. the planting
of gardens and flowers bed and so much more great ideasthat have already been mentioned. I think all us fishes that like
this game could handle it if it got a little more complicated, we love to be challenged.

Public Aid & Food Stamps

[Post New]by ChicagoChef_1121 on Aug 14, 09 5:27 PM
LOL

Let them get a little older and other skin tones.

[Post New]by ChicagoChef_1121 on Aug 14, 09 5:30 PM

[Post New]by friendlyviewer on Aug 15, 09 9:33 PM
lorie56 wrote:

It would be great if the peeps could order food to be delivered - like pizzas or Chinese food.

Change in seasons. It would be fun to have snow or falling leaves. The peeps could shovel snow or rake leaves. The kids could build snowmen. And while we're at it - who is mowing the grass? As often as the landscaping company comes the grass should be higher than the peeps!

Everyone has fantastic ideas! I love the idea for changing seasons. Things could really be hidden in a lawn full of leaves that the kids need to go rake.

They also could celebrate holidays such as birthdays, Easter, Christmas - and your own personal family calendar could be personalized to your OWN beliefs and celebrated holidays. Birthdays, birth weights... even little birth certificates could be printed with their tiny footprints to have in the archives.

I like the dog parks and interacting with other players. We could also schedule play dates to send our kids to each other's homes to give us a break. LOL

Thanks for all the great tips here - I'm still searching the forum for all the help I can get. I'm totally addicted to this game and play all 5 available families. We should let them choose to divorce also since it's a fact of life in our real world today.

The list keeps growing with great ideas... but I would love seeing a Christmas tree and my families opening gifts together. How cool would that be?!!

marvin90
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by marvin90 on Aug 17, 09 8:19 AM
I know that everyone is making suggestions, for Virtual Families 2, but the bottom line, will there be number 2.

Can anyone find out

bobjean2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by bobjean2 on Aug 18, 09 8:46 PM
think they need other peoples to come and have fun play in pool and haveing bbq party ,and have brithday, for the kids

F3rris00
Herring
Herring
305 Posts

[Post New]by F3rris00 on Aug 24, 09 2:35 AM
marvin90 wrote:I know that everyone is making suggestions, for Virtual Families 2, but the bottom line, will there be number 2.

Can anyone find out

I have no idea. They probably will if it's popular enough. I've got some great ideas for it!

1. They should have normal names.
2. The babies shouldn't be carried around they should just be there as two year olds.
3. You should be able to move and decorate properly.
4. You should be able to choose their jobs.
5. They should respond to your voice!

mindless23
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by mindless23 on Aug 25, 09 3:52 PM
F3rris00 wrote:

I have no idea. They probably will if it's popular enough. I've got some great ideas for it!

2. The babies shouldn't be carried around they should just be there as two year olds.

1. You can rename them whatever you want to now...I've renamed my whole family.
2. Or get a crib so that mom can put the baby down and do things.
3. -
4. That would be neat...whenever you get a new character, you can pick from 3-5 jobs for him.
5. Don't think they're going to come up with voice response just yet, but imagine if "Hey, don't do that" had the red glove effect! LOL!

Mindless23

hi_i_rock
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

More ideas!

[Post New]by hi_i_rock on Aug 25, 09 4:14 PM
I wish there were easier ways to make money, and there were an actual town to go in! That would be so cool! Oh, and don't forget... An adoption agency where you can adopt kids but they cost like 500 dollars or something. I really hope for a sequel too, guys.

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,869 Posts

More ideas!

[Post New]by lorie56 on Aug 25, 09 7:57 PM
hi_i_rock wrote:I wish there were easier ways to make money, and there were an actual town to go in! That would be so cool! Oh, and don't forget... An adoption agency where you can adopt kids but they cost like 500 dollars or something. I really hope for a sequel too, guys.

What's so hard about making money? I don't think it's hard. My peeps are having a hard time spending it!

More ideas!

[Post New]by Game_Fearie666 on Aug 26, 09 9:38 AM
hi_i_rock wrote:I wish there were easier ways to make money, and there were an actual town to go in! That would be so cool! Oh, and don't forget... An adoption agency where you can adopt kids but they cost like 500 dollars or something. I really hope for a sequel too, guys.

I like that adoption idea, but then people would adopt 6 kids and that trophy for getting 6 kids will be mighty easy. :p

But it's not hard to make money. Most of my families, ever since I first started playing, usually can buy all room upgrades and most if not all house upgrades, in that first generation. Maybe you need to get your peeps to work more or something. lol

As for suggestions:
-Definitely more house/room upgrades and fixes. Once you buy them all and fix up the house, that's it. You just have money piling up. That part gets boring after a bit.
-Marriage proposals. They need to be different. Maybe two or more at a time. It's sad when you can't find one you want to match your peep with and you keep getting the email about being lonely and the proposals stop coming so much, they taper off until there is like 1 in an entire 24 hour period.
-Those pets need to do more. I don't think they'll ever do too much because the games VV and VF are kind of simple type games, but if they could interact with the family a bit more, that would be nice.
-Different food displayed when they make food. No one wants to the eat the exact same thing every time they eat. lol
-Keeping clothing. It always irks me that I can't reuse an outfit and it takes forever to see some outfits show up in the shop again. There are two outfits I've only seen twice ever since I started playing. The black outfit that's kind of punk rockish for the females and a male outfit that is a sweat shirt and pants. I want to use those, but I never see them.
-As mentioned before, different skintones. I don't even mind if the kids don't always match the parents or whatever. It'd be nice to just have some variety in there. And gay couples. Why are those not available? And with this, adoption should either come up more often or there should be a place to adopt like the shop. That way, single peeps can also have kids.

Edited on 08/26/2009 at 9:49:23 AM PST

Taltam1
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

More ideas!

[Post New]by Taltam1 on Aug 26, 09 11:57 AM
Game_Fearie666 wrote:
-As mentioned before, different skintones. I don't even mind if the kids don't always match the parents or whatever. It'd be nice to just have some variety in there. And gay couples. Why are those not available? And with this, adoption should either come up more often or there should be a place to adopt like the shop. That way, single peeps can also have kids.

Great ideas all around.

Just wanted to add that singles can adopt. I've had generations where an adoption popped up and the person wasn't married.

F3rris00
Herring
Herring
305 Posts

[Post New]by F3rris00 on Aug 26, 09 12:20 PM
mindless23 wrote:
F3rris00 wrote:

1. You can rename them whatever you want to now...I've renamed my whole family.
2. Or get a crib so that mom can put the baby down and do things.
3. -
4. That would be neat...whenever you get a new character, you can pick from 3-5 jobs for him.
5. Don't think they're going to come up with voice response just yet, but imagine if "Hey, don't do that" had the red glove effect! LOL!

Mindless23

That would be cool

More ideas!

[Post New]by Game_Fearie666 on Aug 27, 09 1:32 AM
Taltam1 wrote:
Great ideas all around.

Just wanted to add that singles can adopt. I've had generations where an adoption popped up and the person wasn't married.

Thank you.
They do, but usually I only get an adoption when the single peeps really old and then only one child. Maybe this only happens with me, but I'd like it if we could just kind of have a little area, like the shop, where we could adopt kids as long as the peeps have the money.

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,869 Posts

More ideas!

[Post New]by lorie56 on Aug 27, 09 9:06 AM
Game_Fearie666 wrote:
Taltam1 wrote:
Great ideas all around.

Thank you.
They do, but usually I only get an adoption when the single peeps really old and then only one child. Maybe this only happens with me, but I'd like it if we could just kind of have a little area, like the shop, where we could adopt kids as long as the peeps have the money.

I had an adoption offer for one of my peeps right after she inherited the house. I was going for the Perfect Match at the time using ctrl+alt+del, so I didn't bother with it.

hi_i_rock
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

More ideas!

[Post New]by hi_i_rock on Aug 27, 09 10:21 AM
lorie56 wrote:

What's so hard about making money? I don't think it's hard. My peeps are having a hard time spending it!
Really? I REALLY want to get a pool, but I don't have enough money.

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,869 Posts

More ideas!

[Post New]by lorie56 on Aug 27, 09 10:56 AM
hi_i_rock wrote:
lorie56 wrote:

Have you read the HOW TO MAKE A LOT OF MONEY thread? If you're training your peeps to work at their careers, you should be saving the money for the career room upgrades before buying the home improvement items. After you have the upgrades, which will help your peeps to be promoted faster and they are making a lot of money, then you can start buying the other things.

hi_i_rock
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

More ideas!

[Post New]by hi_i_rock on Aug 27, 09 1:04 PM
lorie56 wrote:
hi_i_rock wrote:
lorie56 wrote:

Have you read the HOW TO MAKE A LOT OF MONEY thread? If you're training your peeps to work at their careers, you should be saving the money for the career room upgrades before buying the home improvement items. After you have the upgrades, which will help your peeps to be promoted faster and they are making a lot of money, then you can start buying the other things.
oh... sorry. I'm new to this game, so I haven't gotten the hang of it yet.

Go to: