dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Aug 9, 15 11:05 AM
I am very disappointed in the lag time between scenes and objectives. Elephant has always been very good with smooth actions, but this one is terrible. There is nothing more boring than to sit and wait for the screen to come back up so you can continue your play. I haven't complained about this to the techs, because if I do, all they do is send me a game credit. I don't want a credit, I want the game to work correctly!

jmidge0217
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by jmidge0217 on Aug 9, 15 12:46 PM
I had purchased from Game Manager & had the same problem with the jumpy cursor. Uninstalled & installed from purchase history-seems to be working better

[Post New]by pflugglz on Aug 9, 15 2:05 PM
gmuehlberg wrote:I can start the game. When I act, the computer restarts.

computer keeps freezing and i have to restart. When it is working, cursor fades in and out. Windows 10. I will try turning off special effects but not happy about it.

poz1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by poz1 on Aug 9, 15 2:06 PM
In the bonus game, Elf is supposed to pick up a certain object (a button that fits in a jack knife), but he doesn't and then you can't go any farther in the game. Is anyone else running into this problem?

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by AutumnTaylor on Aug 9, 15 2:30 PM
dancemom1 wrote:I am very disappointed in the lag time between scenes and objectives.

Unless you have a high-end graphics card you will experience problems with lags between scenes, accessing the map, and moving the mouse. I just finished the main game, that was extremely short, which is typical for this developer. I've seen graphics just as good, if not better, which don't require a high-end graphics card. It's really not necessary. It really comes down to poor coding and programming. Just wish they would note the correct minimum specs.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by healy6904 on Aug 9, 15 3:11 PM
poz1 wrote:In the bonus game, Elf is supposed to pick up a certain object (a button that fits in a jack knife), but he doesn't and then you can't go any farther in the game. Is anyone else running into this problem?

anderkat
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by anderkat on Aug 9, 15 4:44 PM
anderkat wrote:Windows 7; game very slow to load, and between scene changes. I played the beta and did not experience those problems. Only change to my computer during the interim is an update to Java 8/51.

Have tried some of the fixes suggested in Support and now the game won't start at all. Have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Aug 9, 15 4:45 PM
poz1 wrote:In the bonus game, Elf is supposed to pick up a certain object (a button that fits in a jack knife), but he doesn't and then you can't go any farther in the game. Is anyone else running into this problem?

YES!!! Cannot reopen that window so cannot complete the bonus game. Only option is to start all over again with a new profile. Think I'll ask for a credit instead.

devolyn
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by devolyn on Aug 9, 15 4:48 PM
Nirvanah wrote:It' constantly freezes on the loading screen. I've yet to see the game. Windows 7.

This happens to me as well. I have deleted and reloaded the gam with the same results. I am using Windows Vista.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 9, 15 11:15 PM
I didn't disable the special effects, I shut the game down, and went back. And now I'm not having any problems at all. No screen freezing, no lag, nothing.

I'm using Windows 7.

JennyPerry
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Windows 10

[Post New]by JennyPerry on Aug 10, 15 1:08 AM
Oh help !
I love the Mystery Tracker games - on Windows 10 the game is jerky & unresponsive..
Anything I can do to improve it ? I twiddled with the game options & nothing helps

[Post New]by gmuehlberg on Aug 10, 15 6:50 AM
Win 10, without special effects: i can play without problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Aug 10, 15 10:04 AM
I have a video card that I would describe as mid range (definitely far from top of the line), and I have no problems with lags between scenes or with anything else.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by Khan_Palace on Aug 10, 15 1:14 PM

Yes I did, unfortunately. I guess I have to start over or wait for an update.

Got the update today! It works. I was able to get the button for the knife. Thanks!

Edited on 08/14/2015 at 3:41:37 PM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by alicekramden on Aug 10, 15 7:20 PM
Khan_Palace wrote:

I have the same problem. Can't finish the bonus game, which is the ONLY reason I buy a CE instead of the SE. Very disappointed......

[Post New]by neomatrix00 on Aug 11, 15 7:56 AM
Hallo.I'm playing this game on windows 8.1.No problem except for one thing: I have no sound at all!!!!Is it possible????

Skrdykat
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Skrdykat on Aug 11, 15 1:38 PM
On Windows 10, slooow, sloooow scene transitions. Also, curser appears to freeze but eventually starts moving again. I LOVE this game, but its very glitchy and annoying.

[Post New]by kerrybeth88 on Aug 11, 15 5:08 PM

Also having this problem. Very annoying!

Edited on 08/11/2015 at 5:09:49 PM PST

[Post New]by Butterflyshrimp on Aug 11, 15 5:15 PM
This game was 'very' S.L.O.W. to pick up inventory items. It almost froze numerous times (especially in the Bonus Game) and paused for a second when picking inventory items up. This did not happen in the demo. I got through the game but it was VERY Frustrating! I have all the other Mystery Tracker games and never had a problem with any of them.

Windows 7-64 bit.

[Post New]by hderoche on Aug 12, 15 7:33 AM
I had the same jumpy cursor problem. I turned off the "custom cursor" in the options section, and I'm running fine. (Turned off the "special effects", too, but turned them back on, as they didn't seem to bother the drag/jump).

Go to: