LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:Pure Hidden comments and reviews

[Post New]by LizzieK on Aug 4, 09 8:10 PM
I love it. It is a very pleasant game that you can relax and enjoy and also be surprised by the variety of the different game styles and the different styles of the scenes. It also has games and puzzles, some find the differences, and well hidden items in the HOG scenes.

I think it would be a great game to play with your children. I find it a very entertaining way to spend a rainy day.

If you are looking for something different and not boring, I think this game fits the bill. I think it's cool.

Happy gaming!

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Aug 4, 09 8:19 PM
This game is not my cup of tea. I will take searching haunted houses and ships, any day of the week. A big thumbs down for me.

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Aug 4, 09 8:32 PM
Well, I held off all day thinking that a little time away from this game would decrease its subtle fascination. No such luck. I finally gave in and bought the blessed thing....and have no regrets at all. It just gets better and better with every new box I open. So add me to the love it list .

cheffie45
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by cheffie45 on Aug 4, 09 10:51 PM
i loved the game, i bought it, the length is great, theonly thing i didnt like , it wasnt replayable, the same things you search for when you click on new profile, but other than that a nice change

silkywings
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,043 Posts

[Post New]by silkywings on Aug 4, 09 10:54 PM
I wanted to try this but it says you have to have DirectX9. Didn't BF tell us to stay with DirectX8 because 9 wouldn't work with their games? Did I hear wrong?

Or perhaps it was DirectX9 didn't work on their website???

Edited on 08/04/2009 at 10:55:22 PM PST

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Aug 5, 09 3:54 AM
Beautiful game - loved growing the flowers! Lovely and gentle.

Yosemite1956c
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Yosemite1956c on Aug 5, 09 4:07 AM
This is one of the dopiest hidden object games yet. Boring and stupid. Nothing new here.

romany09
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by romany09 on Aug 5, 09 4:49 AM
Have to recommend to anyone who likes beautiful graphics and fun! I can't stop playing! Had a few annoying things happen when I first downloaded but I have a Vista laptop and that's annoying in itself. Haven't had to reinstall and bugs ironed out by themselves. More games that are not carbon copies of each other like this one, please!

[Post New]by Skiasma on Aug 5, 09 6:17 AM
I found Pure Hidden to be quirky and a refreshing change from the standard HOG. Whilst not wildly difficult, as long as you approached it as an almost zen experience, it's quite lovely.

Visually, it's very much in keeping with the current trend in illustration, instead of the game company look. As I'm in the illustration biz, I really appreciated the style! The sounds fit the puzzles as well, sometimes amazingly so. (I particularly liked the background sounds on the page with the Ape, Seal and Elephant having a tea party. That was surreal.) The mini-games are extra-zen, but thankfully skippable.

Over all, I liked it. It's not a game I think you could repeat, but as a one-off experience, it's excellent.

Legendia
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Legendia on Aug 5, 09 8:21 AM
Poodlebear: I agree with you totally. Being a lover of the more difficult HOG games, I really found myself liking this simple one. Scenes are unique & interesting also. This game for me is for when I just want to chill and relax. I too laughed at the sheep. I'm just enjoying the heck out of this one.

Journey_1
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by Journey_1 on Aug 5, 09 8:42 AM
I played this game for 5 hours total. And left many scenes when it said I could move on. Some mini games had me stumped. Well worth the money even if it sits on your desktop for a rainy day. Resigned in and replay value is fantastic. I wish all games had these wonderful atributs.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Aug 5, 09 8:56 AM
Totally agree. Awesome game. I couldn't stop playing. Absolutely beautiful. Very innovative and fun. I actually think it would make a great gift! Loved it, loved it, loved it.

[Post New]by xtranicedeb on Aug 5, 09 10:58 AM
This is one of the most beautiful ARTY hidden object games ever. I loved the challenge, although some objects were difficult to see - it made for a more interesting game. Just so visually appealing - that is definitely the "draw"!

Cynkee
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

I LOVE this game

[Post New]by Cynkee on Aug 5, 09 11:26 AM
I never write reviews, unless I'm testing a beta version, but I just had to comment on this game! I love the look of it, it is absolutely stunning! And as someone who usually whips thru HOGs so quickly that I feel cheated, I'm getting more than my money's worth with PH. It's quirky, it's fun and it's challenging. My favorites have always been MCF games, but this is right up there, albeit a totally different kind of HOG.

That said, if you want a story line, this isn't the game for you. Myself, I find many of the story lines in HOGs a bit cheesy, so I have no problem playing without them. The hidden object part is quite challenging, given you're searching in "art," so to speak, not scenes. The side games are painfully easy, but a do provide a momentary and sometimes entertaining diversion and allow your eyes a brief break.

Kudos to the designers of this game for stepping outside the box and giving us a challenging and beaufitul HOG. And thank you BF for picking it up!

Edited on 08/05/2009 at 11:29:13 AM PST

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Aug 5, 09 1:33 PM
I really liked this game. True it had no story or plot...but one gets tired of castles,haunted houses,dream scapes etc. I thought the graphics were superb.
Most of the puzzles were easy, some were challenging and a couple were downright tough. If the game has a really standout playing drawback, it would be the lack of "skip" options. The game developer is extremely generous with "hints" and that feature has unlimited refills which it does very quickly. All in all, I would recommend this game to anyone who would like to try something different and unique.

silkywings
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,043 Posts

[Post New]by silkywings on Aug 5, 09 1:45 PM
No comment or help on my question about DirectX9...guess I'll go elsewhere

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Aug 5, 09 1:49 PM
silkywings wrote:No comment or help on my question about DirectX9...guess I'll go elsewhere

I have DirectX9c I think. I've had no problems. I'm running XP, but don't know if that would make a difference.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Aug 5, 09 1:51 PM
silkywings wrote:I wanted to try this but it says you have to have DirectX9. Didn't BF tell us to stay with DirectX8 because 9 wouldn't work with their games? Did I hear wrong?

Or perhaps it was DirectX9 didn't work on their website???

It wasn't DirectX 9 that you heard this about as many of the games here now require it for them to work properly. This certainly isn't the only game with a DirectX 9 requirement. I have DirectX 9.0c at least and maybe 10 on my laptop which plays this game perfectly.

I THINK you might be thinking about Adobe Shockwave/Flash if the website is involved, but I have Adobe Shockwave/Flash 10 on both my desktop and laptop and have no problems at all on the website. So....maybe things have changed since you heard that information.

HTH!

Minnihopps
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Minnihopps on Aug 6, 09 1:24 PM
Very different from all my other games. Some items small and difficult to find, but you can add me to the "love-it" list.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Aug 6, 09 1:26 PM
Wow! I think this game is just so cool. It's totally creative. So imaginative.
I love the serenity you feel when playing the game.
Pure Hidden was a perfect title for this game. It's like trying to find a picture in a picture. I bought it.

Go to: