danny_kiddo
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Re:Strange Cases: The Tarot Card Mystery comments and reviews

[Post New]by danny_kiddo on Aug 14, 09 12:58 PM
It's a good game I liked it, the art is good but the light criteria is uneven, some scenes that are meant to be darker are too bright or clear (warehouse) and some others are too dark.

The storyline was good, 3 game modes was interesting also. Overall is a good game, I finished it and didn't think it was short, I think it's definitely worth trying at least.

eres_
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by eres_ on Aug 14, 09 1:38 PM
I loved it! It was very mysterious, yet very fun too. You had to think, but not too, too much. I thought it was GREAT!

[Post New]by lstephoney on Aug 14, 09 3:13 PM
kcojco wrote:Fun....to short

Had to cheat on the evidence room code, missed that clue under the jail bed

[Post New]by lstephoney on Aug 14, 09 3:16 PM
I'm stuck just past the jail trying to unlock the door can anyone please give me a better hint I saw the message under the jail room bed but have yet to enter the right code...

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

oweo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by oweo on Aug 15, 09 4:47 AM
This was the worst game ever!!! Any game you pay 6.99 for and you can finish it in a couple of hours is a waste of time and money. I am very disappointed in Big Fish they should have known better.

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Aug 15, 09 4:54 AM
i am still playing the game.course i play other games too.but this one i was way in 2 hours of playing still not finished.its a well put together game.have a good day all.

bombaa27
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,421 Posts

[Post New]by bombaa27 on Aug 15, 09 2:34 PM
lstephoney wrote:I'm stuck just past the jail trying to unlock the door can anyone please give me a better hint I saw the message under the jail room bed but have yet to enter the right code...

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi istephoney--
I got stuck there too . Under the bed there are letters.......use them as markers to figure out the code with the grid on top of the bed. The top two would be a set of coordinates then the next two etc. Hope this helps!

skrier82
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by skrier82 on Aug 15, 09 10:20 PM
Good Game. 3 hours play time, max. Great graphics, good story, not too hard for HOG, puzzles get progressively harder. Replay has a few new hidden object items. 3.5 stars out of 5. Worth 7 clams.

Designers could have made it harder - more areas to search/throw players off track. Note for next game.

Edited on 08/15/2009 at 10:21:27 PM PST

skrier82
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by skrier82 on Aug 15, 09 10:26 PM
danny_kiddo wrote:

The storyline was good, 3 game modes was interesting also. .

Please explain- I only had one game mode, to my knowledge. After I finished, I went back to replay to see if addl modes were available, but no.

[Post New]by eyemcrazy on Aug 16, 09 8:30 PM
I was really pleased with this game, but I haven't finished yet. I guess I need to brace myself for an abrupt and crappy ending. This is the best HOG I have found since Return to Ravenhearst. The puzzles were varied and fairly challenging, although not as perplexing as Return. (Oh, how I loved that game! I actually had to use cheats to get through it.) Some of the objects were a bit difficult to find and I've used hints a few times. But isn't that the point of hidden objects?

Good game, but I am still looking forward to the next Mystery Case Files.

[Post New]by reumor on Aug 18, 09 6:24 PM
I completed the backyard scene and I am ready to go to the house but I cannot get out of the backyard - help

beachado
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by beachado on Aug 18, 09 10:29 PM

Oh my goodness, what a super suspenseful (sp?) game. Granted, it is slow in the beginning, but the ending more than makes up for it. I kept having to remind myself near the end, that it was a game and my pokey playing was not going to harm the final outcome. More like it please.

xine48
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by xine48 on Aug 20, 09 11:10 AM
interesting but the puzzles were way to easy and I finished it in less than 2 hours. Not enough bang for the buck.

[Post New]by shyladyh on Aug 21, 09 8:36 PM
I also enjoy this game very much, which is why I bought the full version using one of my game credits. However, I finished it in less than two hours. It felt like a waste of a credit.

jovipookie
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jovipookie on Aug 25, 09 10:53 PM
It was a very fun game to play. Puzzles made sense. My only complaint is that it is a very short game. Should you buy it? Yes, for the fun of it. No, for how short it is.

[Post New]by juttawalker on Aug 28, 09 12:13 PM
was a great Game,little short

like2find
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by like2find on Sep 2, 09 8:07 PM
Debbie387 wrote:I agree with all the comments here, great graphics, different types of searching on the **** levels and the mini-games were the usual but not too hard - the only one I skipped was the lock picking one. It had all the things we've been asking for of late untimed, skippable mini-games, hints that refill quickly. Really fun game, thought it was a bit short, will probably play through again

like2find
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by like2find on Sep 2, 09 8:16 PM
kat52 wrote:I really liked this game,and bought it,what a waste of money,it was over just as I was really having fun,very clear images and there was some diffaculties trying to figure out what to do,but was able to do so,BUT it was waaaaay to short!!!!!

like2find
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by like2find on Sep 2, 09 8:23 PM
While I did like the game, I too wish it had a longer life. One short fall that I found was when the agent was talking, or giving some sort of clue...her thoughts did not always stay at the top of screen long enough and there was no way to go back. I'm unsure, until I re-play it, to say it was a good buy or not. I'll get back to you on that.

buckeyelibra
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by buckeyelibra on Sep 7, 09 12:54 PM
The game isn't as long as I would like it but very enjoyable. I'm glad I bought it. I've played it twice now and enjoyed it each time since there are different items to find each time. Didn't use hints since the story line basically said what to do, just had to read & follow it. I found the dream scene kind of long but it didn't distract from the game. I prefer to have the list of items written out instead of pictures but still they weren't that hard to find. I love HOG and mysteries & to have them both combined makes a good game great!!!!! coodos BFG.

Go to: