slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Re:Future Suggestion to Game Developers re: Tarot Cards

[Post New]by slepless777 on Aug 11, 09 4:33 AM
I don't even understand what people are complaining about in this thread. To me, it's very simple: if your faith is threatened by [insert whatever applies here] then AVOID that at all costs and move on to something else. What is the point of trying to make game developers abide by the rules of your particular religion? Your rules simply do not apply to everyone. Deal with it.

I seek out occult themed games on purpose. I WANT games filled with (real, not the weird ones in this game) tarot cards, pentagrams, witches, sorcerers, magic potions, ghosts etc... Please stop trying to ruin my fun!

As an aside, if your faith is really threatened by silly things such as pictures and symbols on a piece of cardboard, then it's not very strong to begin with. Just something to think about.

lynnie11
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lynnie11 on Aug 11, 09 11:13 AM
To OnWi, what you've done for me today is to make me stop and think. You expressed your opinion and made a "suggestion" to game developers to also stop and think. I personally do not find these symbols objectionable, but I can certainly understand that others might. And yes, I have also noticed an influx of these things lately. I found some of the responses in this thread to be rather harsh. If it makes you uncomfortable to play games with these symbols, you have the right to express your opinion and make a suggestion to the developers to bear this in mind. You did NOT ask them to stop using any kind of symbols in their games, only to remember that they may be offending some people.

As I said, I have not been offended and just played the games without giving any though to these things. But you and some of the other posters made me see things through your eyes. It did not change my mind, my thoughts or my beliefs. It did open my eyes, though, and that is ALWAYS a good thing.

What does bother me in HOGs is the use of cigarettes (yes, I am a smoker but don't want anyone else to be!) and syringes. To me, these are offensive symbols.

This is just my opinion and I'm entitled to it. Thanks for listening.
Lynnie

Edited on 08/11/2009 at 4:56:15 PM PST

[Post New]by nicoler0001 on Aug 11, 09 6:04 PM
slepless777 wrote:I don't even understand what people are complaining about in this thread. To me, it's very simple: if your faith is threatened by [insert whatever applies here] then AVOID that at all costs and move on to something else. What is the point of trying to make game developers abide by the rules of your particular religion? Your rules simply do not apply to everyone. Deal with it.

I seek out occult themed games on purpose. I WANT games filled with (real, not the weird ones in this game) tarot cards, pentagrams, witches, sorcerers, magic potions, ghosts etc... Please stop trying to ruin my fun!

As an aside, if your faith is really threatened by silly things such as pictures and symbols on a piece of cardboard, then it's not very strong to begin with. Just something to think about.

Pythonette
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Pythonette on Aug 13, 09 7:50 AM
The cards depicted aren't even tarot cards, but a jumble of different iconographies. What I wonder is, if you really have your faith, how can a game or any other kind of amusement endanger it? You give it far too much power. Ignore it if you choose, Personally, I really enjoy games with a supernatural element and can't get enough of them.
::::: SPOILER:::::
The human sacrifice bit is what creeped me out about this one.

Edited on 08/13/2009 at 7:50:40 AM PST

Go to: