Re:Welcome to Mr Jones' Graveyard Shift forum

[Post New]by lwerten on Aug 17, 09 6:02 PM
Nascpam wrote:

How do you know that the hundreds of thousands who downloaded it are not having problems? Maybe they just decided to move on to something else and not bother to report it.

I agree! I've had this problem and dealt with it for days without saying anything! There always seemed to be something else to do around the house so I would just say to heck with it. Today I'm mad. I have the time to play but it has crashed 3 times when engraving the same gravestone! Fix the bug BFG and quit with this it's not our fault crap!

mrsj
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by mrsj on Aug 18, 09 4:58 AM
i have also been having the same problem for days with the error message and the game shutting itself down, just been too busy to write in the forum or do anything else about it,

[Post New]by sarahdoom on Aug 19, 09 9:14 AM
I bought the game and am really enjoying it. I played it on my laptop with no problems but when playing on my home computer i had problems. When I try to engrave on a $1k tombstone the game shuts off. I've uninstalled on reinstalled and will try again. Anyone have any advice??

[Post New]by Necrolatria on Aug 20, 09 5:14 AM
Hello, my problem is that I can't load saved profiles. When I run game, I have "Start", then I see saved profiles, but when I click "Ok" nothing happen. I can click on "New" and create new profile. What is wrong?

[Post New]by wynkoopa on Aug 20, 09 6:04 PM
I am having problems on my laptop where it shuts down unexpectedly like everyone else was saying, it won't play at all on my desktops, colors are all messed up, curser won't move... Love this game and wish the glitches could be cured.

[Post New]by Murillio on Aug 20, 09 7:29 PM
I'm having just one certain problem in where anytime I try to engrave the 3k Scroll Tombstone the game locks up or a error message appears and shuts the game down to desktop. Any Suggestions to fix this?

Edited on 08/20/2009 at 7:29:57 PM PST

[Post New]by hereismiranda on Aug 21, 09 5:07 AM
I've worked out that to load agame you mustn't click on start, just anywhere else on the screen and it will let you select a profile and "ok". HOWEVER, once I do that it starts loading and then crashes because "Access violation at 0x0B65ECBF (tried to read from 0x00000030)". Any ideas? It's a cool game!

Edited on 08/21/2009 at 5:10:53 AM PST

[Post New]by hereismiranda on Aug 21, 09 5:18 AM
bfgErie wrote:"It's important to understand that this game has been downloaded by hundreds of thousands of people who have not experienced any problems at all with the game.

Please also note that each game is rigorously tested by the developer and by Big Fish Games. However, there several thousands of different computer configurations out in the world and it's impossible to test for each possible computer set up. .

Oh well that's ok then. So now we just buy the games and hope they work because there are too many computer configs? BFG: the other games work fine, there's clearly something wrong here at your end.

[Post New]by Necrolatria on Aug 23, 09 11:38 AM
hereismiranda wrote:I've worked out that to load agame you mustn't click on start, just anywhere else on the screen and it will let you select a profile and "ok". HOWEVER, once I do that it starts loading and then crashes because "Access violation at 0x0B65ECBF (tried to read from 0x00000030)". Any ideas? It's a cool game!

Thank you for help, but it won't work Profile still not load

hereismiranda wrote:the other games work fine, there's clearly something wrong here

I agree!

[Post New]by kookiewillow on Aug 31, 09 7:09 AM
Love the game... runs fine...but I lose my celebrity graves after a while the pyramid collapsed and said she was not buried there same with the general....any reason why.

Tried again ..started over same thing...pyramid collapes ..the hand turns black and the crypt collapes and they all say the person was not buried there but I know they were...any thoughts

Edited on 08/31/2009 at 2:18:54 PM PST

[Post New]by suzanimated on Sep 4, 09 6:36 AM
Will BFG get Mr. Jones Graveyard Shift for the Mac? I'd much rather buy it here for $8 than anywhere else for $15+

[Post New]by michellew on Sep 6, 09 1:30 PM
I was having problems too so I uninstalled the game and then when I downlaoded it, I saved it to my computer, instead of just selecting Run. I have not had a problem since I reinstalled it. Maybe give this a try!

ctippy1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by ctippy1 on Sep 12, 09 11:42 AM
I do NOT have crashing problems, but I can NOT buy more land and the game wants me to keep going?! helppp!!!

PotterNut
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by PotterNut on Sep 15, 09 4:48 PM
I am also having the celebrity cripts fall apart. The sign next to them says that the celebrity was never buried there.

What is happening? I love this game, but this part has me completely puzzled.

Also I think his girlfriend is a gold-digger & I hope he leaves her

[Post New]by rodeohounddogg on Sep 19, 09 3:38 PM
Has anyone figured out why the celebrity graves keep collapsing?

[Post New]by rodeohounddogg on Sep 19, 09 8:56 PM
rodeohounddogg wrote:Has anyone figured out why the celebrity graves keep collapsing?

JUST TRIED THE GAME AGAIN AND DOWN CAME THE PYRAMID AGAIN. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!

mszoomy
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by mszoomy on Sep 30, 09 6:21 PM
I spoke to the developer about the problem of the graves collapsing. They are aware of it and are trying to fix it. Apparently it's been giving them a very hard time and they were not aware of the problem when it was released. Hopefully they will send BFG a fix when it gets fixed

[Post New]by Medbie on Oct 1, 09 4:07 PM
Question for those of you that have played rather far. . .

I accepted the general's tomb, but can't find the right place to click to get my crystals placed to repair the tomb.l What am I missing? I feel so stupid! I'm down to 7 days and I really don't want to miss out on that one!!

On a side note, I've been playing it for days now, without the major crash problems mentioned, thank goodness.

mszoomy
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by mszoomy on Oct 3, 09 3:47 PM
Medbie - Sorry, but I don't remember which one was the general's tomb. I'm pretty sure that was the second one. But, no matter which one it is, the box you need to click on looks the same. Which, unfortuantely, looks like just another piece of rubble.
What you need to do is just move your cursor around on the square pieces of rubble and eventually you will find a piece that makes your cursor's halo glow orange/gold instead of white, read or grean. Then just click on it.

But if you get a message that you says "so and so was never buried here" then you already paid your crystals and forgot, in which case, at some point your Tomb turned back to rubble, which is a glitch in the game and not much can be done about it

hope this helps

Qismet
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

HELP!!

[Post New]by Qismet on Nov 30, 09 12:49 PM
i wonder if i just can't figure it out or if there's an issue. i can't seem to get mr. jones up to the area where molly's (i think that's her name - the professor anyway) pyramid site is. he just won't go there. . .no white steps at all and right-clicking doesn't help either.

HELP!!

Go to: