Re:Build-a-Lot 4: Power Source comments and reviews

[Post New]by ffloreanscott on Jun 28, 11 1:02 AM
The game still crashes and will not advance to next levels as of 06/27/11. I'am waiting for replay from big fish staff. i will update this as soon as they update me.

[Post New]by waynewal on Jan 24, 12 5:57 AM
re:The game still crashes and will not advance to next levels as of 06/27/11. I'am waiting for replay from big fish staff. i will update this as soon as they update me.

It is 1/20/12 and I am still waiting for an answer to the same problem.

[Post New]by kcmbiz on Aug 23, 12 3:16 PM
amy331 wrote:Awesome game but, this game keeps crashing which is very annoying... Does anyone know of an update????
Bump.

I'm having the same problem; access error violations, user names not saving, being put back to a certain level (previously the last level of the challenge campaign, now to level 1 every time I restart the game.) These games cost too much money to malfunction so badly, frankly if I knew I wasn't buying a reliable game anyway I'd just go to some open source site and take my chances.

I'm really enjoying the challenge and expert levels, but I'm really NOT enjoying 2-3 HOURS of play time just to get back to where I left off.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Aug 23, 12 4:12 PM
Hi kcmbiz,

I'm sorry this game is giving you this much trouble. One thing that we've found can help fix a game not saving is to run the game manager in administrator mode. If you click here, it goes over what can cause this and some steps that can clear that up. We also have a help article here that goes over access violations as well.

However, if you try this and the game is still giving you trobule I would definitely get in contact with our Customer Support department and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look into this for you.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jan 18, 13 3:41 AM
Having played all of the other Build-a-lot games, and thoroughly enjoyed them all, I left this one until last. I simply wasn't certain that I'd enjoy a game all about 'green, clean energy'.

Whilst this game is based on the same gaming engine as the others, it does play somewhat differently and I'm finding this much more of a challenge than the others. On some levels there is a lot of quick thinking and tweaking to do just to pass the level.

As well as workers, you also need technicians to make your houses more energy saving friendly. You will need a workshop to train the former as well as a tech centre for the latter. In addition, you will need wind turbines, solar systems and other clean energy sources to collect enough energy to keep your town going. If you don't, it's 'Goodnight Vienna'. The whole town loses power, during which time you don't collect rent, neither can you sell houses.

Not only do the usual buildings weigh heavily against your overall 'Appeal', but so do the wind turbines and other solar energy devices. This makes reaching a certain 'Appeal' target a real challenge (two turbines, a recycling centre and the tech centre cost me -90 Appeal).

Once I got my head around how to play this complex Build-a-lot, I started to enjoy it a lot. If you want a builder that's got loads going on and is very challenging, this is it!

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

Re: Tech Issues

[Post New]by JB4510 on Apr 1, 14 3:23 AM
I've owned this game since its initial release as the BaL series is my absolute favorite. I haven't played this one in several years and recently began playing the series again. When I first encountered the access error violation, I uninstalled and re-installed (via download from Game Fish) and I am now running Win 7/64.

I was able to play several levels before the error occurred again. I did follow the official advice as to running in Admin mode. I am now trying compatibility mode and will report back as to the results; however it is apparent this game desperately needs an update to operate correctly on newer computers.

Thanks.

kcmbiz wrote:
amy331 wrote:Awesome game but, this game keeps crashing which is very annoying... Does anyone know of an update????
Bump.

I'm having the same problem; access error violations, user names not saving, being put back to a certain level (previously the last level of the challenge campaign, now to level 1 every time I restart the game.) These games cost too much money to malfunction so badly, frankly if I knew I wasn't buying a reliable game anyway I'd just go to some open source site and take my chances.

I'm really enjoying the challenge and expert levels, but I'm really NOT enjoying 2-3 HOURS of play time just to get back to where I left off.

Go to: