suratsiber
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re: The Blackwell Convergence comments and reviews

[Post New]by suratsiber on Sep 4, 10 7:56 PM
This is pure adventure games. For those 'young' gamers (young in a sense of age and/or gaming experience), you have to use your brain to play this games. It's not like just random clicking the object (i always do that in hog/ihog ) you are so used to in hog/ihog. As for the graphics, i bet you never play text adventure games. That was the first adventure games I played and I played it in 2004! Though the graphic is heavily pixellated, especially on large lcd monitor, you can always mouse over the object and it will tell you what the object is. This games is great and I love the background music!

I can see into forever

davelgil
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by davelgil on Sep 5, 10 9:21 AM
Hi Fishies! Dave Gilbert here, the developer behind Convergence and the rest of the Blackwell series. I just got word that this game was a daily deal, so I thought I'd pop over and say "Hi" again. I'm glad that you are all enjoying it. For those of you who don't like the graphics... well, my only defense is that I am a tiny, self-funded studio. Maybe one day I'll be able to invest in better graphics but until then the low-res stuff is the best I can afford! A fourth Blackwell game is in the works right now and you should see it a little after Xmas.

Thanks again!

-Dave

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Sep 6, 10 6:28 PM
davelgil wrote:Hi Fishies! Dave Gilbert here, the developer behind Convergence and the rest of the Blackwell series. I just got word that this game was a daily deal, so I thought I'd pop over and say "Hi" again. I'm glad that you are all enjoying it. For those of you who don't like the graphics... well, my only defense is that I am a tiny, self-funded studio. Maybe one day I'll be able to invest in better graphics but until then the low-res stuff is the best I can afford! A fourth Blackwell game is in the works right now and you should see it a little after Xmas.

Thanks again!

-Dave

Thanks, Dave!

YAY!!!

dancebear
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by dancebear on Mar 4, 11 4:34 PM
So Cool!! I bought this some time back but have been playing BarrowHill (not a big fish game) and a few others of the same type. I always like to keep at least one of these around and usually only play over the weekend when I have lots of time. I just started this tonight. Already rescued the first guy but the opening credits rolled after that so I'm pretty sure there is lots of game play left. Hope it gets a little more challenging but the music is up to Blackwell standards and I'm syched about playing this.

bachlein
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by bachlein on Feb 24, 12 4:48 PM
I love, love, LOVE these "Blackwell" games!!!!! I remember, though, with the first one, I thought it was a little hokey...but now I love the way it's just fundamental...basic...really fine. It reminds me of Ghost in a Sheet which I loved, too. Don't get me wrong I love the MCF's of this world, too. But there's something about sweet Rosa and her ghost that is really special!! Keep 'em coming!!!!!! I see that on Sept . 5, Dave says that a 4th Blackwell game was coming out after Christmas. Did that ever happen????????

Edited on 02/26/2012 at 12:52:51 PM PST

Lainie221
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Lainie221 on May 27, 12 1:37 PM
This game is an old gem that plays like even older jewels. I was transported to the past when games featuring Lara Bow and Gabriel Knight reigned supreme (circa late 80s—90s). You get to play two different characters in this point and click game. The inventory for this game never got overwhelming—you kept only what was immediately necessary to use—and you could converse with your partner for small hints when you got stuck. (Actually, it was best to plan moves with your partner regularly because some conversations were cues for the next game action. I “ogled” a name before the game had set up the action and received the address online but did not get the address placed on my map until I conferenced with my ghost partner.)
The graphics were the top of line for the early 90s, and the voice acting was sublime. I enjoyed the jazzy score during gameplay, and the music seemed to fit the mood of each scene. Even the credits were great: The photos of the voice actors appeared side-by-side with the characters they played. Further, like any great movie that plans a sequel, the audience should sit through the credits for a little surprise update!
Had so much fun with this one that I bought up all the games in this series (purchased at the BFG Memorial Sale blowout) at once! So very glad that I found this very short, but sweet, game.

Go to: