missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

Re:Mystery Age: The Imperial Staff comments and reviews

[Post New]by missy12 on Aug 20, 09 1:24 PM
I am downloading the game now.from what i hear from others is a good game hope so.well talk to you later.happy gaming.

Prttyysadms
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Prttyysadms on Aug 20, 09 1:29 PM
Wonderful game.....I enjoyed it very much.....just wish it had been a little longer but everthing is great

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Aug 20, 09 3:41 PM
i bought the game after playing the trial and i really enjoyed playing it, excellent game

HACC43
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by HACC43 on Aug 20, 09 4:30 PM
LOOOOVE! This game!! The music is soothing,the graphics are great and the story line as well.
Hope there is another story line or game in the making in the near furture.

jmwillo
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by jmwillo on Aug 20, 09 4:44 PM
Love this game played the trail time and just had to buy. In the same mode as the Moritmer Beckett games. Recomended.

irishgreen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by irishgreen on Aug 20, 09 4:49 PM
Cptduzer wrote:Thanks all for the review, gonna give it a go later. Special thanks to lineck who understands not to give game solutions here. I appreciate it.

Love reading the reviews--HATE coming across spoilers and questions in the review thread.

Wish fishes would leave the spoilers out

Marg2
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Marg2 on Aug 20, 09 5:21 PM
LOVE this game with its beautiful graphics, bright colors, charming, magical, fair-tale like qualities. For me, this game means sit back, relax, have fun. Thoroughly enjoyable!

michelle_hdpc
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by michelle_hdpc on Aug 20, 09 6:05 PM
Just got home and downloading now, can't wait to try it, graphics look great!!! I am looking for a challenge and what I glanced at the mini games seem easy. Who am I kidding, I know I will buy already

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Aug 20, 09 6:08 PM
Ok, I finally finished work for the day between thunderstorms and got a chance to try it out. It is a DEFINITE buy as soon as I finish this post! <g>

Besides the graphics themselves, I think one of the things that made the biggest impression on me about the game in general is how very much it seemed that the developers had been really listening to our comments on the forums about what we liked to have or not have in hidden object games in particular and how MUCH of that seemed to be taken into consideration and carefully incorporated into this game. For instance many of us have commented that we like finding parts of objects that we can then use for a particular purpose. That is definitely there and very well done too! Many of us don't like timers...no timer. Some of us have said that we like the objects we are to find to fit into the scene and be in somewhat logical positions (not floating in the air but at least sitting on something) and yet be well hidden. This was also definitely present. I already had to use hints for bread and something else...can't remember what right now. We've said that we don't necessarily want the hints to give it away point blank, and these don't. We've said we don't like being punished for misclicks, and this game doesn't do that either. We've said that we want the ability to skip dialog when we need to for some reason. This game lets us not only skip the whole dialog, but there is also a "Next" button which is separate from the "skip" button which leads me to think it will let us play through the dialog as fast as we can read it...but I haven't tried that yet. And...on top of both of those...it will also let us REPLAY each section of dialog separately which I can see being helpful when you've had to stop between chapters and can't quite remember what's going on when you get back or when you get interrupted by a phone call or family member needing something and you miss it entirely.

It doesn't seem to be a particularly hard game...yet....but some of those hidden objects are extremely well hidden so I don't consider it all that easy either.

....cont....

snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Aug 20, 09 6:23 PM
I never touch a game without checking with you guys first. Downloading now!

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Aug 20, 09 6:27 PM
....cont.....

There was one point where the graphics were so realistic that I caught myself looking at the scene with my head turned slightly sideways and up positioned as if I were trying to see the underneath side of shelves that were on a wall meeting at the corner and just above the level of my head. What I was actually doing was trying to see the ceiling of the basement better back in the upper left corner of the screen above where the barrels were on the floor! LOL!

michelle_hdpc
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by michelle_hdpc on Aug 20, 09 7:25 PM
Love the graphics, beatiful color and details, bought it after 20 minutes of play. At first thought it was much too easy, but some of the objects are well hidden. The 1 mini game I did was very easy. I spikked the story shortly after I began, kind of corny. Has anybody completed? and how long is it??
Happy hogging!

snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Aug 20, 09 8:14 PM
I'm almost finished with the demo and love the game, however I'm reading it's not very long? The loading screen at each new scene is kinda strange and slow. Not sure what it is for as it's not there to show your progress. I'm gonna buy it anyway. Hope I'm not almost done with it.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Aug 20, 09 9:07 PM
I really enjoyed this game. I thought it had a rather abrupt ending though. Could that mean there will be a sequel??

sharieanne
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by sharieanne on Aug 20, 09 11:08 PM
I bought this game after playing the demo for half hour, its fun and the color graphics are nice to see. there are a few tricky mini games, but all in all i think its worth having.

[Post New]by eyesblue69 on Aug 20, 09 11:18 PM
jramme wrote:
paulmiss wrote:seems like a great game but needs more help info as what to do like with the moving hand when it,s in the cursor and how to gather the fireflies to put in the lamp as i assume that,s what to be done but no where does it tell me

Use the sack to catch the fireflies.
Where is the sack at ?

chick52
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by chick52 on Aug 20, 09 11:57 PM
I just had to buy it.It would have to be one of the best HOG out at the moment.
Can't believe the grafhics, it's like being in the story, you feel like you are right there.
I hope the designers are taking notes from this game, and putting out more like it.
It's a from me. and I give it out of 10.

jacksjen
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by jacksjen on Aug 21, 09 12:05 AM
I must say I like this game and will probably buy it, but I've only completed the first few chapters and I already killed a lizard, beaned an owl, destroyed a beehive and scared and quite possibly seriously hurt a bear. I need to be prepared, do I do anything else? Maim a puppy? Feed a kitten to a pack of wolves?

Edited on 08/21/2009 at 12:06:39 AM PST

chick52
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by chick52 on Aug 21, 09 12:08 AM
Remember fishie, It's only a game.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Aug 21, 09 6:52 AM
I really disliked this game! Aimed at young children me thinks. Those annoying speech bubbles, stupid hints non-stop telling you what each object was for, and the game was finished within 2 hours gameplay! Didn't feel it was value for money, and certainly didn't exercise the grey matter!
Was very disappointed with this game. Don't know why anyone would need a walkthrough? Just click on 'hint' and any object and your probs are solved!

Go to: