Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Lost Island: Eternal Storm here

[Post New]by MaChai on Sep 15, 15 8:28 PM
Thanks burf90, no luck so far but your ideas are good and I will try them again after giving my computer a break, Maybe it needs to reassemble its thoughts like I do after a long day! Thanks again.

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Lost Island: Eternal Storm here

[Post New]by gagoyle on Sep 16, 15 4:41 PM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

hi, I got lost island & paid for it........but it hasn't work. I'm on a brand new laptop with windows 10.

[Post New]by womanofsoul on Sep 16, 15 11:41 PM
I am running Windows 8.1 game opens then goes to play again screen, never get to play it.

Tarba
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Tarba on Sep 19, 15 11:09 AM
HI there: i am at level 15 and can't access Dark Wings or Vermin. All else seems to be working fine. I am using Windows 10 on my PC with no issues otherwise. Any secret to getting to work with those characters? It clicks but does not actually go anywhere and the two raven icons remain on left of screen.

[Post New]by butterfly3050 on Sep 29, 15 12:58 PM
Like most of the other reports, I have done the same thing and get the same thing. Cannot play this game. Windows 10 64 bit.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 30, 15 1:34 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing issues with this particular game.

If you are having trouble with the game not opening, please look at the following help article for hints:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you find that you are having trouble progressing with items not working, please look at the help article above to ensure that everything is up to date with your video graphics card.

With the access violation error message that was mentioned, the following article may help:

Access Violation

If you find that the issues are still present, please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They are always willing to help further troubleshoot. We want to help get things up and running as it should.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by PrayerSis on Oct 6, 15 4:27 PM
My question is: Are the Collections that cannot be completed the same for all players or specific to myself?

I purchased the game through ****. They suggested I check on a forum or blog about my game play question. It appears you cannot collect all the collections, as they do not have a location or character to provide it:

The Elven Ruler collection-No King's Armor can be acquired.
Mushroom Picker's Basket-No items at all can be acquired.
Amazing Nest collection-Only the Griffin Egg can be acquired.
Mechanical Inventions collection-No Typewriter or Crossbow can be acquired.
Fairy Glade collection-No Fairy Wreath can be acquired.

I've reached level 42 and completed the quest portion of the game. I'm at at least level 3 or higher on the achievements, as well. I thought for awhile that the needed items for the collections would become available once you reached a Mastery Level or Achievement Level. Unless you are required to reach maximum level 5 of achievements, there is no logic to not being able to collect all the items necessary for the collections. I have completed 5 of each attainable collection.

I thought I would at least inform you of the games playability shortfalls; so, you could advise the developer. As I use the Hidden Object games to help with cognitive skills, replaying the areas available to me is fine, but you would hope a game you purchase would be complete.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Oct 7, 15 4:00 PM
Hi PrayerSis,

Thank you for taking the time to locate and post in this forum. While we do distribute this game, it looks like you've purchased this game from another site. We're only able to support and provide these forums for the version of the game that we distribute and versions can vary by distributor. Due to this, it may be possible that your observations may not hold true for our version.

If at some point you do acquire our version of the game, you're definitely welcome to share your feedback in this forum as well as directly with our Customer Support Team HERE.

Cheers,

bfgWaimea

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Oct 8, 15 9:52 AM
PrayerSis wrote:My question is: Are the Collections that cannot be completed the same for all players or specific to myself?

The Elven Ruler collection-No King's Armor can be acquired.
Mushroom Picker's Basket-No items at all can be acquired.
Amazing Nest collection-Only the Griffin Egg can be acquired.
Mechanical Inventions collection-No Typewriter or Crossbow can be acquired.
Fairy Glade collection-No Fairy Wreath can be acquired.

I have exactly the same issues as you, Prayersis.... and I bought the game here at BF! The above items just aren't available and there aren't quests to trigger them.
The Devs really need to do QA to check all the quests are there before they put it out.

Also the timer doesn't work properly on the amulets and various huts which produce diamonds, coins & stuff. They work fine if you just sit and watch them. But as soon as you search a room or open a chest, they go bonkers. Could these timers have been affected when the devs cut out the energy bar and related quests?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Oct 8, 15 8:19 PM
Rumbitothecore wrote:Also the timer doesn't work properly on the amulets and various huts which produce diamonds, coins & stuff. They work fine if you just sit and watch them. But as soon as you search a room or open a chest, they go bonkers. Could these timers have been affected when the devs cut out the energy bar and related quests?

My favorite thing about the timers for the huts, mines, buildings, etc., that produce resources for you happened the last time I started the game after not playing for a few days. When I finally started the game up again every building, etc., that I'd repaired gave me resources about every 30 seconds for over an hour. I think when I quit the timer was still ticking away as though I'd left the game running and it stored up all the stuff the game owed me and spit it out repeatedly until I got it all. It was pretty funny.

[Post New]by nancyt2u on Oct 17, 15 4:28 PM
I have a little over 70,000 points and am at level 26. I have two quests to kill Ravens but they do not respond to clicks. I have not been able to lift the dark cloud to get to the mines because I haven't gotten the quest to kill the (forget names) guys in the upper right corner. I have completed all the tasks on the board. Anybody have any ideas? I am running windows 10.

[Post New]by GreenHerring on Dec 24, 15 6:04 PM
ATTENTION BIG FISH!!!

This game does not end.. I am now at level 30 and still no update!

Awesome game, spent hours and hours, day after day, but please Big Fish Update it, I've played it till level 25 and the clouds part and we're free to go the old guy tells us and then they tell you to wait for the updates to 'come soon'. Now I've kept playing till all levels and mini games and everything is played that can be played and I gathered everything that needs to be gathered but some items I just can't gather.
I emailed with customer service and they offered me another game, but they gave no answer, I just want to finish this game, PLEASE!

Come on Big Fish! Don't keep us hanging! I've bought your game here!

[Post New]by ladeeturtl on Feb 24, 16 8:58 AM
I have been playing this game without problems for some time and have made additional player profiles in the past. This time when I added a profile and started a new game the game froze during the initial "tutorial" portion and will not let me do anything. I have to ctrl-alt-dlt to get out of the game. I had tried uninstalling and reinstalling and the game starts back to the frozen screen again. I have updated all my programs and drivers - no luck, same frozen screen. Playing on Vista. Tried to play on my computer that has Windows 7, I had also been playing with no issue on that computer, new profile froze at same point during tutorial phase and again nonr of the BigFish traditional fixes have helped. Anyone else having this issue or does anyone know a fix . I love the game and played it daily.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 15, 16 9:07 PM
Hi, Ladeeturtl. I have a suggestion that might work. It sounds like the new profile you created is corrupted, so you might try this:

1) Uninstall the game
2) Delete your saved game folder (instructions below)
3) Reinstall the game

That should start you out fresh, as if you just installed the game for the first time. You'll lose any other profiles you have, but at least you'll be able to play again.

To delete the saved game folder, you first need to go to folder options and make sure you check "show hidden files and folders". Then go to the folder with your profile name in Users (or Profiles - can't remember which one Vista uses) and open it. Open AppData, then Roaming. Look for the Five-BN Games folder and open it. Then delete the LostIsland_EternalStorm folder. (If you're really worried about deleting it, rename it to something else, instead.)

If you need more details on any of these steps, post again or PM me. Good luck!

Go to: