QotW 9/7 - Screen Name

Re:QotW 9/7 - Screen Name

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Sep 11, 15 8:52 AM
You are all too funny - love this thread - as for singing, I used to be a member of a church choir. Our pastor was also a member, as was his wife. She was quite tuneful, and he was quite loud. One of his favorite expressions was, "God wants everyone to sing His praises, either in the choir or congregation, or just during their daily routines. If you can sing well, great. If you cannot, sing loudly to get even!"

Edited on 09/11/2015 at 8:53:34 AM PST

javacupper
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by javacupper on Sep 11, 15 9:28 AM
Thinking of singing, I met my wife several decades ago when we were both singing with the St. Louis Symphony Chorus. Other than in the shower the only singing I do now is with a Victorian costumed Christmas caroling group in Nov. and Dec. to raise money for the St. Louis Christmas Carols Assn. which goes to a number of children's charities in St. Louis.
My screen name refers to the fact that I am an inveterate coffee drinker. I decided that if I am going to be addicted to coffee, I might as well make it a hobby. Now I buy green coffee beans and roast it myself. I usually have at least 50-60lbs of green beans around so I always have plenty of fresh coffee while I play ROM! Mostly I drink my own blend of Sumatra, Yemen and Java coffees.

Edited on 09/11/2015 at 9:29:45 AM PST

gamegirl8
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by gamegirl8 on Sep 11, 15 11:55 AM
I chose my screen name because I use it to play games, am a girl & my favorite number is 8. Not too exciting, but there it is.

myfreckles
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by myfreckles on Sep 11, 15 11:51 PM
I took my name from my favorite pet. She has long since past away but I miss her still so I just keep her with me if only in name. Okay guys there has to be someone older than me out there, I was born in 62. Thanks everybody for giving me a giggle and a smile

tdskm
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by tdskm on Sep 12, 15 2:42 AM
oh freckles(sigh) there are alot of us who are so much older and wiser(chuckle) than you. just read the forum comments and you see. I am was born in 56 and closer to hitting 60 then I want to think about. still enjoy life here in CT.

broccoflower
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by broccoflower on Sep 12, 15 9:06 AM
dear freckles

Waving my hand over here. Older, not particularly wiser .. looking forward to the day I can officially call myself an outrageous old crone. Right now, I'm just practising at the outrageous part .. it's kinda fun .

Next year, I plan to celebrate the fact that my age and my birth year will be the same - 58.

Vulcaness
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by Vulcaness on Sep 12, 15 11:01 AM
Freckles, I'm 72 and happy to find a game that doesn't make me nauseous. Old eyes, double vision, and HD screen don't allow for a lot of movement. So I plan on being here for a long, long time.

lsmalplz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by lsmalplz on Sep 12, 15 11:10 AM
Thanks tramserran and for your question of the week. This thread is fun to read.

Xanthorrhoea found and resurrected by old thread "Just for fun".

Between these two threads we will get to know everyone well.

Since I've come back to the game is seems like home because there are people who like to share their stories.

lsmalplz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by lsmalplz on Sep 12, 15 11:12 AM
fairhavenfish01 wrote:"God wants everyone to sing His praises, either in the choir or congregation, or just during their daily routines. If you can sing well, great. If you cannot, sing loudly to get even!"

Amen!

myfreckles
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by myfreckles on Sep 12, 15 11:52 AM
Okay, I feel much better now-- I'm an aide and para at the local school so I'm around kids all day -- It's nice to have fun with someone my own age. LOL . The kids keep me young and my daughter (God love her, keeps me insane)

Edited on 09/12/2015 at 11:53:01 AM PST

gardenrmes
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by gardenrmes on Sep 12, 15 2:49 PM
I love reading about everyone's screen names! I love to garden! I can't do it as much now because I hurt my back. When coming up with my first email address (before most people even had internet), I was trying to come up with a fun way to use it as an email address. I took Toys R Us and changed it to Garden R Me. That was taken, which is very unusual, so I added the s to the end.

[Post New]by Xanthorrhoea on Sep 13, 15 3:59 AM
My screen name is actually the scientific name of a group of plants endemic to Australia. They are as tough as old boots and survive bushfire etc.
I love the bush and gardening and have loved the grasstrees since I was a kid.
When I was trying to come up with a screen name, I wanted to get someting that was me and the name just seemed to suit.

thurber
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
482 Posts

[Post New]by thurber on Sep 13, 15 12:11 PM
I have little imagination but many memories of my heart dog, Thurber, the most wonderful yellow Labrador Retriever ever!

tramserran
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by tramserran on Sep 14, 15 10:32 AM
Thank you to all who responded to this Question of the Week.
The stories behind your screen names were fascinating.

And ... I learned what a broccoflower is. It is one of the few vegetables I will eat and I never knew its name before!

meriff
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by meriff on Sep 15, 15 6:42 AM
Better late,than never.my screen name is 3 first letters of my name and a nickname of my husband.So it came up to meriff.

heddock
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by heddock on Sep 27, 15 12:29 PM
Once I tried to register at an anglers' forum with the nickname 'haddock" but it was occupied. So I changed one letter and became heddock.

[Post New]by Trucker1979 on Dec 20, 15 6:34 PM
I am an avid truck enthusiast and die hard (not the type to build an over the top rig), Licensed to Operate Class A Trucks (since October 2004), despite the newest HoS (Hours of Service, that is driving or operating time) regulation and rules. I was born in 1979, just had my 36th birthday a few weeks ago. Now you know what my user or handle means.

Wrenbird your post "My husband often refers to me as wren, or wrenbird. I thought it was because I was tiny and had a beautiful singing voice! Apparently, he informed me that it was because I squawk loudly like a baby bird when I am hungry." had me lmao for a minute or two. Both your hubby and you are funny, but bad singing is not funny nor is it bad, its just our biology got messed up when it came to vocalizing in song. Not sure I would run away from a bad singer no matter how bad, not sure i would try to cover my hearing in some way even if after asking them to please stop but they keep on signing if they are that awful. I myself am not sure how good I sing when others listen who do not comment or criticise, but when I listen to my self recording I am sometimes good, most the time I suck. Anyway, good to know your crazy marriage is on a good note.

Broccoflower, not sure I ever yet tried that, if I had, forgot how it tastes.

A...Faery, is a faery, no matter how you look at her or him (?). "That you man faery?" is what I first got when initially seeing your user name/handle. Also congrats on your marriage, if already did not do so.

Heddock, how Hillbolly or some Redneck pronounce the name of the fish.

Edited on 12/20/2015 at 6:35:44 PM PST

Epitome
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Epitome on Aug 3, 16 10:49 PM
This is an interesting thread, so here is my blurb.

Chose my name as I like the exotic supercar by Laraki and also it means;

1. a person or thing that is a perfect example of a particular quality or type

2. a condensed account, especially of a literary work; abstract

in the dictionary and as per the encyclopedia to mean the same as number two in the dictionary but also a synonym as to embody. Such as for example what theologists do with the context of their ideologies.

So yeah its for my idolizing the exotic, luxury and supercars, and the quotes of famous people.

Cyberfox277
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberfox277 on Aug 14, 16 4:05 PM
I'm not particularly proud of this but here goes... Cyberfox was my nick on 2nd life, yes once I was into that LOL I guess I don't need to tell which was my avatar LOL

The 277 doesn't mean anything but I created an email account with that nick and it was available, same account I use on BF now so... Nothing exciting really

Energyworker
Herring
Herring
335 Posts

[Post New]by Energyworker on Aug 14, 16 11:15 PM
My screen name comes from what I do for work. I am a holistic health practitioner and like doing energy work. So when I say I am sending you healing energy, I am and am sending it long distance.

Go to: