norry6
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

Re:NEW magic miser achievement...ERROR?

[Post New]by norry6 on Sep 14, 15 5:41 AM
Well poked Apollo - very eloquent - and thanks D@nger for your hard work. I can't see me bothering with any of it but it needs sorting out.
I stopped as soon as Trina asked me to send airships. I have a lot but want to keep it that way so I can always gift.
Also by spending time in the rooms and collecting butterflies I have less time to do the rounds. Disenchant and before you know it there's no inventory left. I like gifting as part of my game.

By the way Apollo I hope you are not MIA

annieliz1
Salmon
Salmon
2,640 Posts

[Post New]by annieliz1 on Sep 14, 15 6:09 AM
apollogold wrote:
Anglesey wrote:
The higher the sell price, the more shards you should receive for disenchanting it.

But that is the case, isn't it?

Sorry to bust your bubble Anglesey... but the answer is no. Everything in your normal inventory is worth 1 shard if you disenchant it, regardless of the sell price. The only items that give more than 1 shard are "Crafted Items" which are worth 1000's of coin and then you receive, at most, 33 shards. H**L will freeze over before I disenchant a crafted item.

Apollo (MIA) / Shadow in the castle

I got four shards for some of the items from the zoom areas or whatever they are called, for instance the Eye of Hatred is one that comes to mind. Or have I totally misunderstood everything that is going on (again). I will double-check but as stated earlier I have sort of lost interest in Trina; not worth the bother for various reasons.

Very disappointed with the whole update.

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Sep 14, 15 8:07 AM
Yes......some items are worth more shards......as each items sell price increases it may or may not increase the shards you get.......a crystal ball and wand sell for 25 coins and 75 coins respectivly.....yet you receive 1 shard for each to disenchant........**D@NgeR** out

tuck6016
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by tuck6016 on Sep 14, 15 9:01 AM
another idea for shards would be to get awarded the same as the person visiting gets when they go for the butterflies in your room. kind of a " I was here" gift.

Edited on 09/15/2015 at 9:16:51 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 14, 15 9:32 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and thank players especially apollogold and General_hobojoe for bringing this to the Moderation Team's attention. It is definitely understandable wanting to let us know of the difference between the first and second cup for this achievement. I've gone ahead and brought this to the the attention of the team that works with the developers and once we hear of any information, we will definitely post in the forums. I deeply apologize for the frustration this has caused and thank you for your patience as we look into this.

bfgBellerophon

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Sep 14, 15 9:42 AM
bfgBellerophon wrote:Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and thank players especially apollogold and General_hobojoe for bringing this to the Moderation Team's attention. It is definitely understandable wanting to let us know of the difference between the first and second cup for this achievement. I've gone ahead and brought this to the the attention of the team that works with the developers and once we hear of any information, we will definitely post in the forums. I deeply apologize for the frustration this has caused and thank you for your patience as we look into this.

bfgBellerophon

Thank You for the consideration and attention you've conveyed.... **D@NgeR**

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

Re:NEW magic miser achievement...ERROR? TY Mods for Response

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Sep 14, 15 11:08 AM
Awsome.... **D** out

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Sep 14, 15 3:46 PM

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on Sep 14, 15 3:52 PM
Thank you, Bellerophon, for your kind and swift reply.

Apollo (MIA) / Shadow in the castle

Nickimine
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Nickimine on Sep 14, 15 4:26 PM
General_hobojoe wrote:unless you sel/enchant tonnage of inventory and click till infinity on those random butterflies........you my be long dead before getting half way to 50K...........there must either be other way to attain said shards besides what is in place now or they MUST reduce the shards to a more reasonable achievable status........**D**.....fuzzy peeved britches six and @NgeR**.......out

I came to the forum to read what people were saying about the shards. I thought, "There MUST be a way of obtaining shards without losing inventory or zapping butterflies!" There are times I've zapped all 3 butterflies and my reward was zilch, nothing, nada - no shard. In my room, as well as in rooms of friends.

It is bad enough that zapping butterflies is the only way to earn a shard (well, except the inventory thing which I will not do) - but to zap 3 butterflies and come up empty handed?!! Is this really what the developers envisioned? Do they really think this is fair?!! Did they put their heads together and think this through?

Someone on their development team should have spoken out about how shards would be earned or rewarded to the players. This may be a "small issue" to them - but small issues like this (by the way, I don't think it's a small issue) but it is an issue like this that will leave players trudging through the castle - instead of having fun Storming The Castle !!

~ jeannie ~

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Sep 14, 15 4:33 PM
Nickimine wrote:
General_hobojoe wrote:unless you sel/enchant tonnage of inventory and click till infinity on those random butterflies........you my be long dead before getting half way to 50K...........there must either be other way to attain said shards besides what is in place now or they MUST reduce the shards to a more reasonable achievable status........**D**.....fuzzy peeved britches six and @NgeR**.......out

I came to the forum to read what people were saying about the shards. I thought, "There MUST be a way of obtaining shards without losing inventory or zapping butterflies!" There are times I've zapped all 3 butterflies and my reward was zilch, nothing, nada - no shard. In my room, as well as in rooms of friends.

It is bad enough that zapping butterflies is the only way to earn a shard (well, except the inventory thing which I will not do) - but to zap 3 butterflies and come up empty handed?!! Is this really what the developers envisioned? Do they really think this is fair?!! Did they put their heads together and think this through?

Someone on their development team should have spoken out about how shards would be earned or rewarded to the players. This may be a "small issue" to them - but small issues like this (by the way, I don't think it's a small issue) but it is an issue like this that will leave players trudging through the castle - instead of having fun Storming The Castle !!

~ jeannie ~

Exactly my sentiments....and forsight was amiss in that decision room that day they decided to launch this.....errr update..... **D** cheers

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Sep 15, 15 7:51 AM
If I am "disenchanted" with this whole update, how many shards do I get, or does someone else who is not "disenchanted" get them?

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Sep 15, 15 8:29 AM
sadie700 wrote:If I am "disenchanted" with this whole update, how many shards do I get, or does someone else who is not "disenchanted" get them?

Do do do......you ever not have an awsome retort......Sadie you rawk my world with linguistic bliss...... **D@NgeR** out

wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by wishtar on Sep 15, 15 8:44 AM
OMG Sadie, You killed me with that one! Almost fell off my chair from laughing so hard.

Normally I love to get the achievements and while some have taken quite a long time for me to get they were, at least possible. These just seem impossible. Am pretty much out of airship items and I won't even put them on my wish list as everyone else needs them too! Asking for that many airship items is disenchanting since we have no control over which items we get.

Generally I try to be the one who sees the positive but this last update is the first time that I feel really disappointed.

OK, one positive is the inventory page update. That is really nice, but the rest of it doesn't make me feel like playing and boy, do I miss the game!!

Eliana

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Sep 15, 15 9:01 AM
lostinwyo wrote:We all know the morphing flowers gives us 10 pts/per 5 flowers,So why do we not get anything from the butterflies except a shard now and then?? Even giving us an extra shard for every 100-200 butterflies,would be great,as of right now I feel that I am beating a dead horse (i.e. butterflies)

There needs to be more ways to aquire the shards and keys to even be a reasonable endeavor to complete....as of now this new interlude is senseless to even engadge in......**D** out

crusader50
Clownfish
Clownfish
900 Posts

[Post New]by crusader50 on Sep 15, 15 9:20 AM
Those dang shards are really silly. I was in my room and a friends room today and got zip, zilch, nada. I am trying really hard to ignore the latest update (?) and just go about the rest of the game. Forget about trying to get all the achievements at this point. Just trying to stay afloat on level 57.

Oh well happy or unhappy gaming in the castle.

Cindy W

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Sep 15, 15 9:24 AM
lostinwyo wrote:"*#@!!!!" My achievments say I have 12 gold keys,but they are not in my inventory,where do I find them???

Go into your room and click the "on" switch "off" switch......click it on......then you'll see the total key's and shards in the upper right of the screen.....**D** out

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Sep 15, 15 9:27 AM
crusader50 wrote:Those dang shards are really silly. I was in my room and a friends room today and got zip, zilch, nada. I am trying really hard to ignore the latest update (?) and just go about the rest of the game. Forget about trying to get all the achievements at this point. Just trying to stay afloat on level 57.

Oh well happy or unhappy gaming in the castle.

Cindy W

Yea the ratio of gold butterfly to shard received should be a 1:1......not 20:1 as it is now...especially sense we have to wait on top of it all for a butterfly "re-boot".......2 min.......**D** out

Nickimine
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Nickimine on Sep 15, 15 9:29 AM
I've given some thought to the problem. How did the shard process get the "stamp of approval" before sending it out to Midnight Castle players? Then it hit me. None of them attended Hogwarts, thus they have no knowledge of how enchanting / disenchanting works outside their Big Fish world.

An Owl to Professors Dumbledore and McGonagall is in order here. THEY would know how to fix the shard disenchantment issue. As many of us know - McGonagall may be tough, but she is also fair.

Sigh, happy as a geek!
~ jeannie ~

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Sep 15, 15 9:38 AM
Nickimine wrote:I've given some thought to the problem. How did the shard process get the "stamp of approval" before sending it out to Midnight Castle players? Then it hit me. None of them attended Hogwarts, thus they have no knowledge of how enchanting / disenchanting works outside their Big Fish world.

An Owl to Professors Dumbledore and McGonagall is in order here. THEY would know how to fix the shard disenchantment issue. As many of us know - McGonagall may be tough, but she is also fair.

Sigh, happy as a geek!
~ jeannie ~

Your Metaphore is epic....... ...well said !! **D** out

Go to: