gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Clutter V: Welcome to Clutterville here

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Sep 20, 15 9:57 AM
I am having problems if I need to a hint .On some levels a soon as I hit the hint button I get the access violation message and have to leave the game .Very strange .

Edited on 09/20/2015 at 9:58:24 AM PST

simply crashes my laptop

[Post New]by LawnDarts on Sep 20, 15 12:26 PM
Using Windows 7. Have played previous clutter games on this laptop.

Start the game and I get a black screen. Nothing happens.
Can't get out of the black screen and back to the desktop. Only way out is to force a reboot by turning off the power.

Very glad I decided to just do the trial and not buy.

[Post New]by nanci_lee on Sep 20, 15 2:03 PM
I tried adjusting the screen resolution and the magnifier to 100. No change in the game. I am so disappointed, I really like the Clutter games & was looking forward to this one. Any more suggestions?

[Post New]by langslow on Sep 20, 15 5:34 PM
Playing on a PC with windows 7. I'm on the first puzzle. Matching pairs-fine. Picking up coins-fine. Picking up letters- not fine. I've reinstalled it, rebooted my computer, and the letters are still stationary.

[Post New]by YellowGoddess on Sep 21, 15 4:41 AM
tried your suggestion of changing screen resolution makes no difference still no cursor and stuck at opening page!

elmira78
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by elmira78 on Sep 21, 15 6:41 PM
I haven't had any issues until today. While playing Big and Small Mismatch I tried to use a hint and got an Access Violation error message. I rebooted my computer with no effect.

[Post New]by MaggieI953 on Sep 21, 15 9:05 PM
Help!!! I have windows 10 and have the disappearing cursor too. Also tried changing resolution and magnifier no change I did a Dr. Felix report but don't see a way to send it to you here?

unicorn22
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by unicorn22 on Sep 22, 15 5:03 AM
I reported on here. windows 10 .all the problems the others are having. sent a felix report. do they give an answer on here if they find one? I would really like to play this game

[Post New]by nanci_lee on Sep 25, 15 9:14 AM
I tried reloading Clutter V on my laptop with Windows 10. I guess the fix was only for that specific problem. I still don't have any change to my problems, no cursor, off center images, can't get out without task manager, all the same problems everyone else is having with Clutter V on windows 10. When will the fix be updated? Or will I have to wait for Clutter VI.

[Post New]by jcbkr57 on Oct 1, 15 5:05 PM
I have Windows 10 and have the same Clutter V. problem exactly. I sent info in twice with a Dr. Felix report and never got any answer. So quit telling us to do that crap. I am very disgusted.

tab56
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by tab56 on Oct 2, 15 11:21 AM
Same problem as the others with Windows 10. No cursor, have to use task manager to exit.

Is there a resolution being worked on?

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Oct 5, 15 3:26 AM
The problem I am having is with this and most other big fish downloads that I've had since upgrading to Weirdos 10. It may be just coincidence, but this is the time I began having trouble with my downloads.

What happens is this: I go to the page for the game & I click to install the trial. I get the usual first pop up & it asks me where to save. I go through that and then the next step never happens. That next step is usually where I get another prompt to ... well, I'm not sure.
(I cant remember how it all goes without seeing it, but there's the download then the opening it & saving it then ....whatever else. usually)

But int he past few weeks I was not able to get anything going. BUT tonight when I tried Clutter V, I tried something different: I used that horrible new browser, Edge LOL instead of Firefox, which I had been using since the down- um, upgrade to Windows 10.

Well, it did not work for Clutter but it DID work for 2 of the 4 other Big FIsh downloads that I've accumulated in the past month but that have not made their way to being fully installed.
Oh - also of note: most of the time I will see the Big Fish games manager flash as if something is happening on it but then nothing does happen. (I've checked quite a few times. )

So i'm really totally lost!! Can anyone help?

To sum up - Clutter no worky - other games no worky...yet other games occasionally download and install just fine.
And this all began with my so-called upgrade to Windows 10. I have both Edge & Firefox.

I am VERY hesitant to contact support, unless there's a way to get live chat tech support because I know that the whole thing will get lost in translation and they'll have me do the Dr. Felix thing, and then nothing will show up as being wrong & everybody's time will have been wasted!! Sort of like how you feel right now if you've read all the way through my post

Edited on 10/05/2015 at 3:27:40 AM PST

Marcie2304
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Marcie2304 on Oct 11, 15 7:39 AM
I am using Windows 10. My problems are that I have to close out of the game completely to be able to use other areas of my computer or I get an access violation.
This doesn't worry me as much as I have 2 puzzles left to play in the picture puzzles so I complete it (which being the last 2 are small and take a long time) but when I have put the last piece in it will not acknowledge that it has been completed as usually you get the OK button come up when you finish which you click and it then takes you to the next puzzle. This means I cannot complete the game because it will not accept the puzzle as finished. Also the solved amount does not seem to be updated. It has got to 403 solved but won't go any further even thought I have finished the Bonus 50 Silver Quests. I love this game and would really love these issues fixed.

[Post New]by jcbkr57 on Oct 12, 15 7:59 AM
Finally my problem was resolved, not going into all the things that didn't work for Windows 10. Answer # 2 suggested going to display and downsizing text to 100% and this fixed everything. Only problem everything on regular programs is very tiny so I just keep Contol + to enlarge.

[Post New]by babeinwood on Oct 13, 15 3:15 PM
no mouse tried every resolution my system had even got a warning from my graphics card that this resolution may damage my card and not be covered under warrenty still the game is off screen , no mouse and I wasted my time and energy , running windows 10

[Post New]by kenpokars on Oct 17, 15 11:58 AM
My problem seems different from the others I've seen here. I upgraded to Windows 10 and now I can't play in windowed mode. Full screen works fine, but when I try windowed mode I get mouse "trails" wherever I move the mouse around the screen. I really prefer to play in this mode, so I wish I knew of some fix for it. This doesn't happen with other games, only the Clutter games (that I've noticed so far.)

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

[Post New]by mamabink on Nov 17, 15 4:42 PM
I don't honestly know if I am having any "issues" as I cannot even get the game to open, period... I click on the game and it just spins as if it is thinking and then it just stops... I cannot even get to the opening screen... I am running Windows 7 and this is the first Clutter and the first BigFish game I have had with this issue...

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 18, 15 4:41 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are having issues with this particular game. Thank you to the players that have tried the resolution troubleshooting steps.

If you are running on Windows 10, it looks like an update was recently released, please ensure that you have the most current version. Manually running Windows Update is a helpful step to take since it will ensure that your computer has the latest critical updates installed. This is particularly important and helpful since having the latest updates can affect how programs, such as our games and the Game Manager, function and display on the computer.

1) Press the buttons "Home (Windows symbol)"+ "x" on your keyboard at the same time, or hover over the bottom left corner of the screen and right-click
2) Select Control Panel then System and Security
3) Click on ‘Windows Update’ and check for updates, installing anything on offer

If any updates were found and installed, please restart the computer to make sure they've been applied properly, then try playing your game again.

For more information, please take a look at the following article provided by Microsoft as well as the help article below:

Microsoft Windows Updated

Windows 10

For players that are experiencing issues opening the game, freezing issues, or trouble progressing, the following help article may contain hints:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you are seeing an access violation error message, please see the following help article:

Access Violation

If you are still having issues, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They are always willing to help troubleshoot.

Thank you everyone for your patience. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Dec 15, 15 2:04 PM
Well, I finally solved my technical difficulties. I bought a new laptop, and the game plays perfectly now. So many of my favorite games were not playing on my old Sony Vaio (after updating to Win 10) and now they will. Well worth the $$ to me.

[Post New]by kochergirl on Dec 16, 15 9:59 AM
Nothing has changed since this game was introduced. It will not run properly on Windows 10. It is obviously a poorly written piece of software. I have dozens of Big Fish games that run just fine. One of the solutions is to change screen resolution or text size every time I want to play, yeah right. I don't understand why a game like this is even allowed to be put online. Is there no testing or quality control to stop amateur programmers from posting games like this?

Go to: