RuthHA1
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Re:Hide & Secret 3: Pharaoh's Quest comments and reviews

[Post New]by RuthHA1 on Sep 1, 09 6:39 AM
Didn't like the other 2 H & S games but this one has me hooked. I like hidden object games with puzzles, my problem is Big Fish have so many great games I don't know which to buy. Think this might be one though. Keep up the good work Big Fish.

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Sep 1, 09 7:44 AM
I liked the hide and secret games and I liked this one too! The graphics are good, and I like the way it makes you have to go to areas and then move on and go back to achieve a certain goal. It has challenge which is fun for hidden object although it isn't very difficult, there are challenges. The graphics are good quality. I finished the demo and will get this one.

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on Sep 1, 09 8:20 AM
I beta tested it and it is a winner!

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Sep 1, 09 1:19 PM
Thanks, Poodle; a worthwhile and informative assessment, as always!

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Sep 1, 09 1:19 PM
I hated the backpack-jumping on the other 2 Hide & Secrets so YAY that's gone, but I agree with the whole "random junk pile" assessment. I had like 20 hints unused at the end of the hr because most things were so jarringly out of place that they leapt out at you; I think I used one on that miniature office chair & that was it. Is whatever fixes the jeep in England? I got thru 3 passports (China, Italy, & Mexico) in the demo & still haven't been able to start that jeep. I found that irksome as it's one of the 1st screens you go to so I'd think an hr into it you'd be able to fix it already. Also not into their repeated heavy use of retina-searing orange. But after playing Relic Hunt....nothing could be worse than that LOL

jmwillo
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by jmwillo on Sep 1, 09 2:31 PM
Quite enjoyed the demo although the graphics are not great I think it is the best out of all the hide and seek games. Have not decided if I will buy this one yet but having said that I give this game

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Sep 1, 09 3:25 PM
For those who beta tested this game and have now finished the final version, how much further past the end of the beta did it go?

[Post New]by taz21h on Sep 1, 09 4:13 PM
Gentlsong wrote:For those who beta tested this game and have now finished the final version, how much further past the end of the beta did it go?

When I beta tested this game, the beta finished after lighting the pharaoh's flames. So that should give you an idea on the length. I also bought this game and liked it very much. Yes a lot of junk in the H.O. scenes, but really didn't mind at all. I have definitely played some games that were much worse. I have been a member here since Feb 06, but usually just swim around in my own little fishy pond. Not that I don't come to the forums everyday, got to get my daily fix.

kwhel
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by kwhel on Sep 1, 09 5:45 PM
I really enjoyed this game. I was able to do it on my own without a walkthrough. I would recommend it.

gemmabloom
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by gemmabloom on Sep 1, 09 7:28 PM
cherbtoo wrote: (I am glad to see that they are not running onto the screen to collect each object like they did in the first game of the series.)

LOL. I had forgotten that about the first one, but remember now that it drove me half nuts.
This is one of the better HOGs I've come across lately. I haven't been really wowed by many recent ones, but am enjoying this and may actually use a credit for it.

[Post New]by lb0629 on Sep 2, 09 10:43 AM
Well I purchased this game and now I am stuck... I can not find any more clues I have over 30 hints but can use them unless I am in a hidden object screen... I have a torch left do not know where it goes, have only found 2 passports... 2 scrolls to the old man.. 2 rosetta stones in the chest.. fixed camels hoof, can not fix much more.... I am stuck and getting frustrated...can anyone help me... has anyone completed the game?

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by forensicMD on Sep 2, 09 4:23 PM
I really enjoyed everything about this game. If these folks do another, I will be at the head of the line to buy it. There was nothing about it that I did not like! I agree the objects to be found are not suited to the place, but if you were given a bunch of things from ancient Egypt to find, you might not be able to find them because you would not know what their purpose was or is!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Sep 2, 09 5:56 PM
lb0629 wrote:Well I purchased this game and now I am stuck... I can not find any more clues I have over 30 hints but can use them unless I am in a hidden object screen... I have a torch left do not know where it goes, have only found 2 passports... 2 scrolls to the old man.. 2 rosetta stones in the chest.. fixed camels hoof, can not fix much more.... I am stuck and getting frustrated...can anyone help me... has anyone completed the game?

There is a free blog walkthrough for this game posted as a link from the same page where you downloaded it. Just click on the Try This Game link at the top of this page and choose the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

It's a full walkthrough including screenshots, so it should help.

If you have the two passports, did you get the propellor for the airplane yet? Once you fix the airplane, you can click on it to go to Passport Hall. There you will be able to use your passports to travel to other countries and collect more Handy Items.

If you didn't get the propellor, check the walkthrough to see which location you missed.

If you do have it and haven't used it yet, go all the way back to the plane, put the propellor on the plane, then click the plane again where it sparkles to enter Passport Hall.

Good luck!
Robin

[Post New]by beccasmummy on Sep 4, 09 7:14 AM
Game downloaded fine but wont start???

Lost 17 mins of trial trying to start the bloomin game

LilBit65
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by LilBit65 on Sep 4, 09 7:22 AM
Have already finished this and wish it had been longer. Had to use the walkthrough a lot but it was fun. Will play again and maybe without the walk through.

[Post New]by grannie9 on Sep 4, 09 9:23 AM
I like the idea of the game, but I am stuck on the column and can't figure out how to do this. From reading other comments, I assume that I have to go back and find another tool.

Grannie 9

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Sep 4, 09 6:41 PM
grannie9 wrote:I like the idea of the game, but I am stuck on the column and can't figure out how to do this. From reading other comments, I assume that I have to go back and find another tool.

Grannie 9

Grannie9, which column are you stuck on?

kissthis
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by kissthis on Sep 5, 09 10:34 AM
I really liked the first one when it came out. I liked the second one too but not as much. This one is alright but like it less than the other two. It is not a bad game and I usually do get games to complete a "collection".

[Post New]by takacsrj on Sep 5, 09 6:09 PM
In my opinion, most sequels to games are never as good as the first. I enjoyed the first 2 of these, but #3 is the best by far. When I'm playing a game and need to really, really look to see where I'm going and the game takes a while to play, I know I'm getting my money's worth. I just finished this game and although it's kind of complicated, this is what I love about a good game. Kudo's to Hide and Secret 3: Pharaoh's Quest.

[Post New]by bemgif on Sep 6, 09 9:36 AM
I loved this game. Not too hard and not too easy. For me, it is by far the best in the series. I tried the other two and did not purchased them, I was not sure I would buy this unitl after I finished the trial. I hope we have some more like this in this series.

Edited on 09/06/2009 at 9:36:59 AM PST

Go to: