[Post New]by lattelvr on Sep 25, 09 8:39 PM
didn't like the ending either..

Metamorph
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Chapter Eight – Top of the Tower

[Post New]by Metamorph on Sep 27, 09 8:12 PM
If that was the ending - A big black screen with No at the bottom, it sucks worse than ________. I have gone through fits and annoyance because I thought I was loosing my graphics card (which is getting challenged by some of the newer games). I just finished uninstalling and reinstalling thinking it would help. Now, thanks to the wonderful forum, I know that this is just the way it ends.

MORE! I loved this game. (just not the ending)

[Post New]by alan987 on Oct 1, 09 4:05 PM
Can anybody let me know if I am doing something wrong. At the top of the tower I give Iris the book she says run the graphics go down through the tower and the doors open the character shouts NO and the credits then appear. When I re open the game it says loading the tower and all I can do is keep going over the same sequence.

[Post New]by veronique875 on Oct 1, 09 11:23 PM
Nope.. that's it.

I do wish if they are going to make cliff hanger endings they'd make it a little more clear just what happened..

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Oct 4, 09 1:24 PM
Iris has escaped into her book. The King shouts "NO", because he has once again failed to capture her. You have to wait for sequel to learn more.

Vasa
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Vasa on Oct 4, 09 1:30 PM
alan987 wrote:Can anybody let me know if I am doing something wrong. At the top of the tower I give Iris the book she says run the graphics go down through the tower and the doors open the character shouts NO and the credits then appear. When I re open the game it says loading the tower and all I can do is keep going over the same sequence.

Aha! That's almost exactly what happened to me - having just updated my graphics cards and reloaded the game, I played the last two levels , gave Iris the book and then everything - just went dark. That was it ! No descent through the tower or opening doors, though, in my case. And no-one shouted "NO!" either. But I can't get back into the game .. When I re-open I 'm on the dark screen with a hint toolbar and an empty goals list in the chalkboard on the left.

Any ideas anyone? Its not the graphics card - I checked !

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 5, 09 2:47 AM
alan987 wrote:Can anybody let me know if I am doing something wrong. At the top of the tower I give Iris the book she says run the graphics go down through the tower and the doors open the character shouts NO and the credits then appear. When I re open the game it says loading the tower and all I can do is keep going over the same sequence.

You've finished part 1 as that player. Part 2 should be along some time next year.

[Post New]by vampgal76 on Oct 5, 09 8:31 PM
just completed the game. love the graphics, adore the music but i just don't know how i feel about the ending, i don't hate it & i don't like it. i can't help but feel a little empty, not completely satisfied, wanting more. i guess that makes me a good candidate to purchase the next game in this series. honestly, i can't wait

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Oct 10, 09 5:00 AM
Use your yellow chalk to outline the sun (board on the floor to the right). The up arrow will then take you to the clock tower.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Oct 11, 09 11:17 AM
i loved this game. When I first saw Iris, my first thought was that she's pretty.
As far as how the game ended- well HOW LONG BEFORE THE SEQUEL??
Cannot wait!! Great game BF

[Post New]by Dragonflyblu on Oct 13, 09 7:05 PM
I Loved this game and yes the ending was a bit of a cliff hanger, it would be nice if a sign appered at the end saying something like "comming soon "drawn 2" i will definatly buy the next chapter if there is one.

sassybee
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by sassybee on Oct 15, 09 12:12 AM
emi1y wrote:"I think it was satisfying because she used her magic to escape from the bad guys. I didnt catch that the first time i saw the cut scene, but i saw it again and realized what had happened. At first I was disappointed as well and thought I had done something wrong or maybe not finished the game fast enough, then i realized it was that way on purpose. (lol)

I don't think anyone is putting down BFG ... people have a right to their opinions. Some people didn't like the ending, no big deal. Do they deserve to have their money back, sorry but no. lol. Any reasonable person can plainly see the amount of work BFG put into the game, I mean the reality is that this game is probably unlike ANY game that exists on BFG right now in terms of graphics, creativity, and just downright fun. I loved the voiceovers, the story line ... They really have set the bar for these type of games at an entirely different level. I loved that the puzzles were tricky but not impossible. Some were definitely harder than others. "

[i]Ditto to the max. I haven't finished the game yet but I've played others that ended that way. You're right.... that isn't "trash talk". Rather strong words but erroneous
in thought.

i'm already looking forward to the sequel.

Edited on 10/15/2009 at 12:16:44 AM PST

[Post New]by twin1165 on Oct 24, 09 3:45 PM
Help - Can anyone tell me what I have to do to complete the clock tower. I have planted the seed and it has grown but not bloomed. I have set the moon rays but not sure if I have them right but I cant seem to get past here. The hint button gives me the first 4 hints and then I get stuck, What do I have to do now I am getting so frustrated.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Oct 24, 09 4:56 PM
Make sure that you have grown the plant all the way to the very top, If you still can't get it after manipulating the mirrors in different ways,consider checking out the walkthrough.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Oct 24, 09 6:06 PM
Don't forget that the plant grows only in the daytime and blooms only at night.

L2PG
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by L2PG on Oct 31, 09 8:00 PM
terriejane12 wrote:Great game -- sucky ending. If there's more to this I'd sure like to know how to watch it.

I agree great game, but the ending is poor. Maybe they are going to continue the story of Iris

L2PG
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by L2PG on Oct 31, 09 8:01 PM
twin1165 wrote:Help - Can anyone tell me what I have to do to complete the clock tower. I have planted the seed and it has grown but not bloomed. I have set the moon rays but not sure if I have them right but I cant seem to get past here. The hint button gives me the first 4 hints and then I get stuck, What do I have to do now I am getting so frustrated.

Plant will not bloom in the sun...change to night...needs moonlight to bloom

[Post New]by dirtyshippielove on Dec 5, 09 7:02 PM
i was disapointed in the ending! but the rest was ok

stupidanacrox
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by stupidanacrox on Jan 20, 10 5:39 AM
i can't wait for a sequel! great game!

[Post New]by runningoat on May 27, 10 8:30 AM
finished the game...and can't wait till the next series comes out. I was left a bit confused at the ending...didn't know if I had saved Iris or not, but after reading posts realize there is more coming...SOON I HOPE!

As for the basement I went down into the hole where the bell fell and that was it...was that the basement?

Go to: