Re:Chapter Six – Fire and Ice

[Post New]by Leighb1 on Sep 13, 09 8:40 AM
Thanks, cesse. It worked and I have finished the game!! Can't wait for the sequel!!

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 13, 09 11:43 AM
Leigh, glad it helped. And, congrats on finishing the game!!

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Sep 14, 09 9:44 AM
Having trouble with the dragon chest puzzle. I can not get the 4 bar things to open up. I believe I followed the steps provided in the walk thru and still no luck. Any advise would be appreciated.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 14, 09 10:22 AM
rlk, welcome to the Fish Pond. Each rod comes out of one side of the box and stretches to the other (this is the end where the point is). The rods are stacked one on top of the other. Look for the top most rod. Click and hold on the point of the top most rod and drag it to the opposite side of the box until it locks into place. Now look for the next topmost rod and repeat. Same for the next two. Hope this helps. Cesse.

[Post New]by amyhand on Sep 20, 09 6:18 PM
IrishRush wrote:I'm looking at the painting to the right of the ice sculpture (with the Friend and Foe heads to either side) and when I exit the painting the game hangs. Every time. I've closed the game and gone back in and always open at the painting with the torn / missing piece of canvas. And it always gets hung when I try to exit the painting. Is there a patch for this problem or am I going to have to start the game over and hope it doesn't hang up there again? Help, please!

Me Too. I can not do anything here, and when I exit the game it freezes up. I've shut the game down and went back and everytime, The same thing.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 20, 09 6:42 PM
amyhand wrote:
IrishRush wrote:I'm looking at the painting to the right of the ice sculpture (with the Friend and Foe heads to either side) and when I exit the painting the game hangs. Every time. I've closed the game and gone back in and always open at the painting with the torn / missing piece of canvas. And it always gets hung when I try to exit the painting. Is there a patch for this problem or am I going to have to start the game over and hope it doesn't hang up there again? Help, please!

Me Too. I can not do anything here, and when I exit the game it freezes up. I've shut the game down and went back and everytime, The same thing.
Amyhand, welcome to the Fish Pond. IrishRush resolved the freezing issue by updating the DirectX. Typically, when game freezes, you need to update to the latest version of DirectX or your video/graphics cards need upgrades. You can find out how to do this by clicking on the ?Help button in the top right corner of the BFG screen. In the Search box type game freezes. It will explain how you can update DirectX and how to check for card upgrades. Hope this helps. Good Luck

[Post New]by julie1965 on Sep 21, 09 12:48 AM
I have the fire and ice cogs, how do I put them in, they keep popping back in the middle of the room with the fire picture on my left and the ice picture on my right, what do I do, checked the walkthrough and it just says to put them there. towards the end of the chapter six, any assistance or suggestions most welcome.
Cheers.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Sep 21, 09 6:10 AM
You are in the correct room. You should see a sparkly spot in the back. Click on it to get a magnified picture. Place the gears there.

[Post New]by Punkinuk on Sep 21, 09 5:31 PM
Dragon's Chest: I have opened the bars and solved the puzzle. I know the symbol in the middle of the rings. What now?
Thank you!
Update: It's open! (Thank goodness for the Walkthrough!)

Edited on 09/21/2009 at 5:44:40 PM PST

[Post New]by Mstck49 on Sep 23, 09 5:20 AM
I can't find my torch i,went back to the animal symbols and it is not there. I went to the cave where the giant snail is and the painting and it is not there as well,HELP!! i hate to go redo all this Thanks for any one help on this

[Post New]by zackandnoahsdad on Sep 23, 09 5:21 AM
This is my first time posting so i hope i am doing it right. I have dipped my shield in gold and there is no "tune in fire" how do I get and play the song? HEEEELLLPPPP!!!

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Sep 23, 09 6:44 AM
Look in the recess where you first found the gold nugget. To the right of the skeleton find the Roman Numerals written on the wall. That is the song. Go back to dragon and hang the shield on the frame. Pick up the mallet on the left side of frame. Strike the gongs according to the numerals on the wall.

[Post New]by Eilidhbug on Sep 23, 09 3:05 PM
I got three out of four of the eyes. Three from the dragon's box, but I have no clue where to find the fourth. Any help?

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Sep 23, 09 5:45 PM
Eilidhbug wrote:I got three out of four of the eyes. Three from the dragon's box, but I have no clue where to find the fourth. Any help?

Try looking at the ceiling.

[Post New]by Eilidhbug on Sep 23, 09 10:32 PM
Oh foo! That was sneaky. I looked there over and over and over again. Thanks.

[Post New]by louhardt on Sep 25, 09 4:53 AM
Gentlsong wrote:
amv713 wrote:I have all three gongs, but I can't get them to play. How do I do it?

This one took me awhile to figure out. On one of the gong stands, there is a mallet you can use.

HTH!

[Post New]by louhardt on Sep 25, 09 4:54 AM
Unless there are 2 mallets, I have both mallets. I have the 3rd shield. I have dipped it in gold. I cannot get it to hang on the frame. Am I missing a step? I can get gongs 1 and 2 to play using the mallet but I cannot get #3 to hang up.

Thanks!

Chapter Six – Fire and Ice

[Post New]by missmac311 on Sep 26, 09 8:49 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:What Simon says always goes
Friend or foe? The Griffin knows
how do i solve this i have the gnome apple pickaxe and cup. can't pick up any gold or make these things gold to fix the weights help i'm stuck

[Post New]by pattonjb on Sep 27, 09 8:32 PM
I had a hang-up after I picked up the ice gear from the griffon's chest. For some reason it wouldn't let me exit the treasure box. Someone else here posted that they had the same problem, but with the dragon's chest. Following their advice, If I exit the game and then start it again, though, it let me out. No biggie, but thought you might like to know.

dachawawa
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by dachawawa on Oct 4, 09 12:47 PM
Leighb1 wrote:Hi, I try to play the games without the walk through. But for some reason I decided to solve both the friend and the foe dragon!!! How do I get the red dragons eyes to go back to what they were?
Am stuck - please help.

Leigh

Just go back to the foe one and click on the lion's nose to undo it. That worked for me.

Go to: